That picture

Started by Bingo, September 02, 2015, 10:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

I'm sure many have seen it and been honest I've seen it and have struggled to get imagine out of head (so won't be posting it).

But what a world we are living in. So much wrong and these people fleeing their own life's and risking so much, yet are viewed as such a plague on modern Europe.

It's a picture that I hope results in change.

And what can we do to make change happen? I don't really know either.

LeoMc

A humanitarian disaster being viewed through xenophobic eyes.
The ongoing austerity means that many look on those in greater need as being in competition with them for help.
Because of the upcoming Brexit referendum there will be little support from the UK.

Minder

It certainly shook me up when I saw it, you wouldn't begrudge anyone fleeing somewhere like Syria.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

93-DY-SAM

I came across this picture in my Facebook feed earlier this evening and it's absolutely heartbreaking. The desperation of that poor boys family to take the risk they did and end up paying the ultimate price for it just shows you how desperate these people are. They are not risking life and limb to get to Europe for a poxy few quid on the dole and house on benefits street.

I don't know what the answer to this all is but governments of Europe need to wake up and deal with this as it's not going away.

GJL

My children are 2, 5 and 7. I can see no difference in them and those on the beech.  The picture broke my heart. It's a cruel world we live in.  :'(

Tony Baloney

Hopefully this is a game changer, albeit a tragic one.

gawa316

Oh jesus I just seen it...felt physically sick seeing that, still do. Can't get it out of my head

An Watcher

The sad thing is that this will be forgotten about in no time whereas if it was a child from a developed nation it would be a catastrophe.

SkillfulBill

Sometimes it takes a picture like that to ram home the realities of news stories which we become imune to. When yousee a picture of a dead child lying on a beach in Europe. It is time for the people of this country and others to sit up and demand that real action is taken to ensure a safe place is made available to these poor souls. This week alone Ireland has been named along with the UK as being countries refusing to do their bit. The peaple of these islands should be ashamed especially the Irish who for generations have left these shoresfor humanitarian and econonic reasons and should know better.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: An Watcher on September 02, 2015, 11:18:23 PM
The sad thing is that this will be forgotten about in no time whereas if it was a child from a developed nation it would be a catastrophe.

Unfortunately this is v true. It's a f##ked up world we live in. Sadly that poor child is not the first and won't be the last either.

Hereiam

Absolutely terrible what is going on. That picture is worse than the one that showed the little African boy sittin with the vulture waitin on him to die.
These people need help and our governments are doing sweet fcuk all. Shame on them

ziggysego

Broke my heart tonight. I heard about it all day, but purposely tried to avoid it. Saw it a couple of hours ago. Really shook me to my core.

How on earth can this be happening in a so-called civilised world? I've had my blinkers on for far too long.
Testing Accessibility

macdanger2

Quote from: An Watcher on September 02, 2015, 11:18:23 PM

Absolutely

And this is only going to get worse - 3 months time, temperatures across Europe will be getting to below zero and these people will be freezing to death. When you consider what they go through to get here, it's hard to believe that we apparently have nothing better to offer them

Rossfan

For a start it would help if the war in Syria could be stopped.
In the absence of that it's time the EU and UN got their act together to put some plan together.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman