Ulster football in the future

Started by seafoid, November 08, 2017, 09:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Monaghan seem to have peaked. They never made it to the semis.  Donegal have a big reconstruction job to do. Armagh and Down may have turned a corner but need a lot of work. Derry don't seem interested. Cavan need momentum. And Tyrone? What is likely to happen over the next few years? How long before an Ulster Sam?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

WT4E

How long before a Sam anywhere but Dublin?

I reckon they could do 7/8 in a row

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on November 08, 2017, 10:24:29 AM
How long before a Sam anywhere but Dublin?

I reckon they could do 7/8 in a row

There is always the chance of them getting turned over in a semi or a final, but they could certainly do 7/8 out of 10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on November 08, 2017, 09:29:24 AM
Monaghan seem to have peaked. They never made it to the semis.  Donegal have a big reconstruction job to do. Armagh and Down may have turned a corner but need a lot of work. Derry don't seem interested. Cavan need momentum. And Tyrone? What is likely to happen over the next few years? How long before an Ulster Sam?
They'll have to wait till the Dublin €€€€millions are diverted to the sleeping giant Antrim.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 08, 2017, 11:04:16 AM
They'll have to wait till the Dublin €€€€millions are diverted to the sleeping giant Antrim.

Once Casement is built........

And the SW get their act together  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2017, 12:38:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 08, 2017, 11:04:16 AM

Once Casement is built........

I was hoping for a shorter time frame.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lurganblue

How many more years was Mickey Harte's reign extended for again?

Fuzzman

Living in Dublin and seeing how they've finally got their shit together from nursery stage up to senior I would indeed be worried about a huge dominance by the Dubs.
The days of the GAA being considered inferior and a bogman's ball game are long gone with me often meeting highly successful businessmen on a Sat morning with their U5 kid standing in a cold wet Sat morning.

The Dubs have always had the population and the home advantage but now they've got the money and organisational skills to really make it pay. They have been toying with Kerry now the last 6 years and beside Mayo who nobody can understand nobody else is coming close to them.
They've virtually changed their whole team since that 2011 win without much fuss and to me they peaked against Tyrone this year and didn't play that well in the final.

Of course teams will have bad days but with this new system coming in they can afford to have a bad day and still win Sam. Some will say it's still 15 v 15 and money can only do so much but to be the Dubs are head and shoulders above the rest and watch how they canter through the National league again in 2018 bringing in more new talented youngsters hungry for success.
I'd say Brogan and Connolly could be on their way out. Not a good time to be a Tyrone, Mayo or Kerry man living in the capital.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 10, 2017, 03:44:41 PM
Living in Dublin and seeing how they've finally got their shit together from nursery stage up to senior I would indeed be worried about a huge dominance by the Dubs.
The days of the GAA being considered inferior and a bogman's ball game are long gone with me often meeting highly successful businessmen on a Sat morning with their U5 kid standing in a cold wet Sat morning.

The Dubs have always had the population and the home advantage but now they've got the money and organisational skills to really make it pay. They have been toying with Kerry now the last 6 years and beside Mayo who nobody can understand nobody else is coming close to them.
They've virtually changed their whole team since that 2011 win without much fuss and to me they peaked against Tyrone this year and didn't play that well in the final.

Of course teams will have bad days but with this new system coming in they can afford to have a bad day and still win Sam. Some will say it's still 15 v 15 and money can only do so much but to be the Dubs are head and shoulders above the rest and watch how they canter through the National league again in 2018 bringing in more new talented youngsters hungry for success.
I'd say Brogan and Connolly could be on their way out. Not a good time to be a Tyrone, Mayo or Kerry man living in the capital.

Why not enjoy it through your children?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8