Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Minder on March 10, 2017, 01:47:29 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 10, 2017, 01:42:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2017, 12:38:29 PM
So people complain that the media keep referring to NI politics and Green and Orange... the vast majority of this thread has been the same thing.

The odd post relates to education/jobs/welfare/hospital waiting lists/welbeing/infrastructure/wages/less tax on the poor more tax on the rich....

Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit (IMHO)  ;)

Valid point but the way most nationalist voted impeded a party that used a veto to over rule any legislation they did not adhere to and used their political powers to line their own pockets at every opportunity
It was bordering on a dictatorship
Do you really think that if SF were in the same position they would act the same
If they did they would lose more of the nationalist electorate than the DUP did
Imagine they have gained 20 odd thousand more votes
It's very much a case of " what do you have to do to get the sack around here"

When it comes to the big two I don't buy this "one is as bad as the other"
I wouldn't describe anyone who tactically voted to over throw the corrupt DUP as clampits
I would describe anyone who voted DUP as An electorate that puts the union before an effcient government that concentrates on what's best for all the people

SF gave themselves £700k of public money in the "Research Services Ireland" scam so let's not kid ourselves that SF don't like a bit of free money too, at the tax payers expense

Both parties are as bad as the other - anyone that says different cant see through the tinted glasses.
Alliance, SDLP and strands of UUP are at least looking outside the box - SF & DUP is all about usuns & themmuns as their manifesto's demonstrated

HiMucker

So people complain that the media keep referring to NI politics and Green and Orange... the vast majority of this thread has been the same thing.

The odd post relates to education/jobs/welfare/hospital waiting lists/welbeing/infrastructure/wages/less tax on the poor more tax on the rich....

Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit (IMHO)  ;)

Valid point but the way most nationalist voted impeded a party that used a veto to over rule any legislation they did not adhere to and used their political powers to line their own pockets at every opportunity
Do you really think that if SF were in the same position they would act the same

I wouldn't describe anyone who tactically voted to over throw the corrupt DUP as clampits
I would describe anyone who voted DUP as An electorate that puts the union before an effcient government that concentrates on what's best for all the people
100%  If Sinn Fein behaved the same way, Re. POC card, RHI, Nama etc their vote would be decimated.  The last election result was not an endorsement of Sinn Fein policy, it was that Nationalists have had enough of the DUPs staggering disregard for equality and the Irish language stuff was the straw that broke the crocodiles back.

stew

Quote from: HiMucker on March 10, 2017, 02:26:52 PM

100%  If Sinn Fein behaved the same way, Re. POC card, RHI, Nama etc their vote would be decimated.  The last election result was not an endorsement of Sinn Fein policy, it was that Nationalists have had enough of the DUPs staggering disregard for equality and the Irish language stuff was the straw that broke the crocodiles back.

The shinners did not give one shite about the Irish language in the south when the Govt pulled the Irish language requirement to get into the Gardi, they fawn all over the foreigners yet they cant seem to stand up for  the Irish language, the homeless and the poor.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tiempo

Quote from: stew on March 10, 2017, 02:36:02 PM

The shinners did not give one shite about the Irish language in the south when the Govt pulled the Irish language requirement to get into the Gardi, they fawn all over the foreigners yet they cant seem to stand up for  the Irish language, the homeless and the poor.

Are SF trying to introduce an Irish language requirement to get into the PSNI?
They are standing up for the Irish language in a part of Ireland under British jurisdiction.
The homeless and the poor - what are you on about?

Rossfan

Homeless don't vote,  small percentage of the poor vote while the  Gaeltacht hasn't many votes.
And of course Stew had to let out the xenophobia.
Try Identity Ireland for that sort of stuff.

Apples, Education is free unless you want to go to a rubby fee paying school.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

So if thats the case where have i seen SF reference on what ive posted in their election talks?

education/jobs/welfare/hospital waiting lists/welbeing/infrastructure/wages/less tax on the poor more tax on the rich.... Add in homeless, poor housing etc ......

Joint power with the DUP has brought none of this, while they argue over Irish language ... and I'm sorry to burst your bubble but for me personally and for the vast majority of nationalists that dont speak a word of it, its a stupid straw to break any crocodiles back while we've all the problems going on as mentioned
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

I think if you are happy to see Irish culture placed on  par with Polish then you are a Nationalist in any meaningful way. Which does not justify the general uselessness of SF
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

The Irish Language act only became an issue for SF when Paul Givan ended/"couldn't find" the £50k funding. How many Programmes for Government have SF & DUP signed up for without an Irish Language act?

It was a penalty kick for SF and they where right to make political capital out of it but let's not kid ourselves, they where happy enough to kick it down the road beforehand
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: Minder on March 10, 2017, 03:42:59 PM
The Irish Language act only became an issue when Paul Givan ended/"couldn't find" the £50k funding. How many Programmes for Government have SF & DUP signed up for without an Irish Language act?
And how much did the election cost?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2017, 03:47:45 PM
The Irish Language act only became an issue when Paul Givan ended/"couldn't find" the £50k funding. How many Programmes for Government have SF & DUP signed up for without an Irish Language act?

Wouldn't have cost anything if fister would have stepped down and her party would still have petition of concern

SDLP want her to step aside as well and rightly so
Shinners will always have some bashers and some of the criticism justified but to say they are no better than DUP i find laughable
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

AhNowRef

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 09, 2017, 09:32:02 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 09, 2017, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 09, 2017, 08:33:11 PM
What is the point in another election. Absolute waste of time and money.

Yeah fcuk that, to get the exact same result give or take a seat

Westminster has pinned their colours, its two fingers up to the nationalist electorate
Last weeks election was about the Rottweiler stepping aside or am I missing something
DUP must want another election when they backed her after this week
They came out in the first round and got a bloody nose but didn't get knocked out
Now they want to reload (with the UUP in their corner this time) and come out in round 2 swinging and get back POC because they are control freaks
There will be no crocodile insults this time to get our ganders up as they have to have learned something
We have to that ourselves
It's a sh.te state of affairs but there's not point in voting last week and not going again this time
How many here think SF should fold and let go why we voted in the first place

Exactly, I guess the reason the aul sour puss was aff for a couple of days ago was because her rotten self and the little englander scrote had agreed the best way forward was to stick it to the croppies and have another election ... thats why they were all so glowing acouple of days ago after what was a pitiful result for them ... The brits try and shaft us at every feckin opportunity ... the Nationalist people should not stand for this sh1t and should "hopefully" come out in en masse .... It could only happen here ffs  ::)

michaelg

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 10, 2017, 05:08:54 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2017, 03:47:45 PM

Wouldn't have cost anything if fister would have stepped down and her party would still have petition of concern

SDLP want her to step aside as well and rightly so
Shinners will always have some bashers and some of the criticism justified but to say they are no better than DUP i find laughable
No fan of the DUP myself, but the SF mantra about Respect, Integrity etc is a bit hard to swallow when you consider what the Republican movement was up to not too long ago.  Granted we should try to look forward, but the whiter than white impression taht they try to project is a bit OTT / hard to  take.

AhNowRef

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 10, 2017, 10:16:56 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2017, 03:43:59 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 09, 2017, 01:48:37 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on March 09, 2017, 01:31:04 PM
Is Brokenshire offering another election to help out his mates in the DUP?  Could be worth £5m of our money to him and the DUP?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-39218555

Depends if there's enough time for a DUP/UUP pact!  I can't see another election solving much...Prods turn out to regain supremacy, Taigs turn out as they're in with a sniff of being in the driving seat.  As you were?  If there's no agreement after that, is there a 3rd election??

Brokenshire comes across as a little Englander knobend who knows nor cares anything about this place, but its a cabinet post to further his career.

Arlene has done a few interviews where she has hinted that DUP might nominate someone else as FM.  I think she is playing a game of bluff here.   She is banking on Brokenshire and Shinners not coming to an agreement on legacy inquiries, the thing breaking down and going into fresh election saying she offered to stand aside but it wasn't enough for the crocodile.   

/Jim.

Yeah, theyve stitched this one up between them .. Perfidious Albion  ::)

Rossfan

All the Nationalist community weren't up to things not that long ago.
The DUP hadn't much respect for them either.
Brokenshite is some bolx if the best he can do is have another election.
SF SDLP Alliance Greens should simply boycott it if he goes ahead.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AhNowRef

Quote from: LCohen on March 10, 2017, 11:05:56 AM
There are multiple unionist parties because there are  multiple strands of unionism. Even the current suite of parties are themselves coalitions (apart from TUV which only comes in one form). Within the UUP vote there are people who could not vote for the DUP brand, or could cosy up to the Simon Hamilton side of the party but not the Edwin  Poots side. Alliance would be a big recipient of votes if politicians polarise non-sectarian unionism

Hopefully .. my faith in mankind would be partially restored  :P