Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: heganboy on September 04, 2018, 06:07:58 PM
There's a piece in today's guardian today which is interesting in itself but I loved this comment:

BrianO_Blivion
2h ago

I have a suggestion. How about if, post-Brexit, we make the necessary constitutional amendments so that the whole of what was formerly known as the UK becomes part of Northern Ireland. This would fix a whole load of problems at a stroke. The whole of the former UK would have an open trade border with the EU; all former UK residents would, as residents of Greater Northern Ireland, have the right to an Irish passport and could therefore travel and work freely in the EU; and the DUP can't complain because the former NI is treated exactly the same as the former NI.
Obviously the new Greater Northern Ireland government wouldn't want to work in some distant, peripheral provincial town like London; I would imagine that they'd relocate to somewhere more central, like Liverpool.

;D

heganboy

Unions backed a second referendum in the UK, that will put pressure on Labour to take a different stance.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Ronnie

Trading of cryptocurrencies being queried.  Interesting couple of months for £ too.  Labour catch-up too slow, too late.

seafoid

Brexit was sold as sovereignty but will be creative destruction. They don't have enough customs people.Liam Fox does not care. Massive queues at Dover? Rees Mogg could not care less. The more chaos, the more the plutocrats make.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Insane Bolt

Perhaps the chaos will make people get off their arse and actually do something.

Insane Bolt

A Message from Gerard Batten MEP, UKIP Leader

Dear Enquirer,

Thank you for visiting our website.

The political and media establishment hoped that UKIP would disappear in February 2018. It didn't.

In fact, since then our support, membership and fundraising has been increasing.

UKIP is the only real opposition to our cross-party political establishment. There is no real difference between the Conservative, Labour and Lib-Dem parties.

They all want continued membership of the European Union, they all want continued mass immigration, and they are all out of touch with the vast majority of voters.

If you go on voting for them then you cannot expect any different outcomes.

If you want something different then support, join and vote UKIP.

Under my leadership UKIP will be the Party that represents freedom:

Freedom from the European Union.
Freedom from political correctness and Cultural Marxism.
Freedom of speech.
Freedom to be proud to be British.
Freedom to be proud of our history and heritage.
Freedom to live under our laws – not the laws of Brussels.
UKIP's mission is to show the way forward for Britain as an independent, self-governing, democratic nation. 

We want trade, friendship and co-operation with the world.

We want a political system and government that represents the real interests of our country and our people.

Come and join us – help make it happen.

Gerard Batten, UKIP Leader

IMHO I think they will be part of a coalition government after autumn election.

Ronnie

UKIP aside,   Chequers proposal is a hands-off approach to services, being sold as allowing city of London to trade on its terms, not some bureaucrat sitting in Frankfurt saying "I'd love a slice of that cake, let's change the rules".  In my understanding, control by ECB and is protectionist - setting restrictions and limiting the high stakes poker.   Would that be an accurate enough description of why the Conservatives are trying to split goods and services?  Free-market v State-intervention.  Use of mobile phone example by Barnier seemed to make sense to me.  Practically impossible to split the good and the service.

trailer

The worst thing about Brexit is that businesses including myself have no idea what is going to happen and hence have made no plans at all. I run a small business. I have literally made no plans at all as I have no idea what to do. Brexit will impact me but I just don't know how. I probably don't have the finances to deal with huge amounts of administration that it could create.
There is a possibility that it could be good for me in that it could open new opportunities. But I'd say that outcome is literally 50:50 at best.
It's the not knowing and then the blind hope that probably will kill me.

seafoid

The richest 1% own 60% of all assets

Chaos will deliver them more

https://brexitlawni.org/brexitlawni-launch-of-project-reports/

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/brexit-holds-grave-risks-for-northern-ireland-study-warns-1.3628397?mode=amp

He described Brexit as a "profound constitutional moment for Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland".
"Brexit will threaten the peace process and weaken protections for human rights and equality," he added. "It risks disrupting North-South co-operation, increasing racist immigration enforcement and dividing British and Irish citizens.
"It could also reduce international oversight of human rights and introduce a new focus for conflict between divided communities. Many of these matters have simply been neglected in the discussions thus far, and that must change."

The 1998 Agreement found nuanced solutions to difficult issues of sovereignty, identity and the Border, embedding these in a rights-respecting framework," he said.

Brian Gormally, director of the Committee on the Administration of Justice, said Brexit could even "reignite the conflict".
He added: "As the leaving process lurches ever nearer to a hard or no-deal Brexit, there is a risk of nationalists becoming more and more disillusioned at the disregarding of the will of the majority here, while unionists coalesce in defence of Brexit and the Border.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hereiam

What is the point of putting these bullshit stories out. What is the end game that the brit government are playin for

heganboy

I think the probability of a 35% drop in the price of houses might be enough to put people off Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45516678
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Insane Bolt

Quote from: heganboy on September 14, 2018, 02:50:06 PM
I think the probability of a 35% drop in the price of houses might be enough to put people off Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45516678

More bullshit from BBC......Carney gave them a 'what if' scenario. It suits the scare mongers who want a second vote. I would take all these experts views with a pinch of salt.......after all how many of us bought into low cost endowments......remember them....not only would they clear our mortgage but we would have enough extra to buy a race horse or speed boat😂😂

Rossfan

It's all going to be wonderful,  the Sun will shine every day, will only rain at night,  Bangladesh  and Haiti will strike great trade deals with the yUK, all foreigners will be sent home, GDP will increase at 10% per annum till 2030....
I'm not an expert so I'm probably correct in all the above ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM