America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Quote from: stew on November 07, 2017, 10:44:26 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on November 07, 2017, 09:46:35 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on November 06, 2017, 03:54:04 PM
read reports this morning that the shooter's former In-laws attended this Church - maybe he was looking for them?
He was a proclaimed Atheist. Quite an angry one it would seem from some of his FB posts and comments from former class mates. I'm not pointing at Atheism as the culprit here before we go down that rabbit hole. A lot of people said he was depressed. He left behind two kids and a ex wife.

Read today that he shot his ex-wifes grandmother dead in the church. Also read that he stopped shooting at one point, everyone was shouting to stay quiet but some kids were crying so he went over and shot them point blank.

Its a sad country when a mentally sick person that has a record of beating his wife can get guns. These mass shootings will continue until the government officials stops taking "lobbyist" money form gun companies. Of course pro gun groups now have a poster child in the guy that showed up with a gun to kill the shooter, "Without him and his gun more people would have died".

Agree 100% with what you said, especially the last paragraph, the ex wife is one blessed woman in that she is lucky to be alive with her two children but my God, she will suffer endlessly mentally after losing her gran and 25 others dying at the hands of her ex! I dont want to ever imagine that pain.

I despise the NRA and most of what they stand for, if ever Trump, Clinton and the rest of these people on the hill needed to be got rid of now is the time, also special interest groups need to have no political clout and lobbyists need to go away and do something constructive for a living.

If they couldn't do anything after 20 kids (6 and 7 year olds) were killed in Sandy Hook Elementary school they will never do anything. Politicians will never stand up against money.

J70

Reports around this morning that this f**ker walked around systematically shooting those poor people in the head, kids and all.

Sometimes I wish I believed in heaven and hell.

seafoid

Quote from: Dire Ear on November 08, 2017, 03:07:10 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on November 07, 2017, 09:46:35 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on November 06, 2017, 03:54:04 PM
read reports this morning that the shooter's former In-laws attended this Church - maybe he was looking for them?
He was a proclaimed Atheist. Quite an angry one it would seem from some of his FB posts and comments from former class mates. I'm not pointing at Atheism as the culprit here before we go down that rabbit hole. A lot of people said he was depressed. He left behind two kids and a ex wife.

Read today that he shot his ex-wifes grandmother dead in the church. Also read that he stopped shooting at one point, everyone was shouting to stay quiet but some kids were crying so he went over and shot them point blank.

Its a sad country when a mentally sick person that has a record of beating his wife can get guns. These mass shootings will continue until the government officials stops taking "lobbyist" money form gun companies. Of course pro gun groups now have a poster child in the guy that showed up with a gun to kill the shooter, "Without him and his gun more people would have died".
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/11/07/trumps-latest-claim-about-the-texas-shooting-is-disingenuous-nonsense/?utm_term=.37364f9c0b1c
Trump....again,  unreal

From.the link:

South Korea, Trump was asked by a reporter: "You've talked about wanting to put extreme vetting on people trying to come into the United States. I wonder if you would consider extreme vetting for people trying to buy a gun?" Trump replied:

"If you did what you're suggesting, there would have been no difference three days ago. And you might not have had that very brave person who happened to have a gun or a rifle in his truck go out and shoot him and hit him and neutralize him. If he didn't have a gun, instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Declan

Jell 0 Biafra

A powerful piece, originally written as a response to Sandy Hook, but unfortunately just as relevant today:

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2012/12/15/our-moloch/

whitey

Quote from: Declan on November 09, 2017, 02:55:08 PM

I have said it before and the l'll say it again....people just don't care because disproportionately those killed are people of color who lives in "bad" neighborhoods. 

Chicago is on track to surpass 600 murders this year.....that's fvckin insane

Gabriel_Hurl

At least 14 victims, many feared dead in Florida high School shooting this afternoon

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/13/remington-bankruptcy-guns-trump-slump-sales

The US has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world with 88 guns for every 100 people. But just 3% of the population owns an average of 17 guns each, with an estimated 7.7 million super-owners in possession of between eight and 140 guns apiece.

The surge of gun purchases under Obama was largely driven by sales to existing gun owners. Sales spiked on Obama's re-election and after his calls for new laws in the wake of tragedies like the Sandy Hook massacre in 2012, which claimed the lives of 20 children and six adults.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/15/dont-look-to-trump-for-leadership-after-the-florida-school-shooting
He must have forgotten to mention school shootings with assault weapons, like the AR-15 used at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school in Parkland, Florida. It was the same assault weapon used at the Sutherland Springs Church in Texas in November. It was the same assault weapon used in the Las Vegas massacre the month before that.

There have been many attempts to tackle assault weapons like the AR-15. When Senator Diane Feinstein, the California Democrat, tried to do that in 2013, one month after the Sandy Hook school massacre, there were 60 "no" votes that killed the effort, including those of 15 Democrats.

Among those no votes was one Marco Rubio, the Florida senator, who told Fox News on Wednesday that now wasn't the time to talk about gun control. "I think you can always have that debate," he said. "But if you're gonna have that debate about this particular incident you should know the facts of that incident before you run out and prescribe some law that you claim could have prevented it."

Senator Rubio: Save yourself the trouble. You don't need to know the facts because the last time you heard the facts, you voted against regulating the very gun that massacred all those schoolchildren at Sandy Hook. It's so funny how you need to be 100% sure about the impact of gun control laws when you are prepared to throw any amount of legislation and spending at the far less deadly terrorist threat to the United States.

magpie seanie

This madness has to stop. The biggest terrorist organisation in the world is the NRA who buy and sell US politicians, mostly republicans, for their own sordid purposes. These politicians are accessories to murder as well as corrupt. Frankly, in my opinion, people who oppose gun control are sub human animals because hey are directly facilitating the murder of kids. And I don't choose those words lightly.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 15, 2018, 09:38:05 AM
This madness has to stop. The biggest terrorist organisation in the world is the NRA who buy and sell US politicians, mostly republicans, for their own sordid purposes. These politicians are accessories to murder as well as corrupt. Frankly, in my opinion, people who oppose gun control are sub human animals because hey are directly facilitating the murder of kids. And I don't choose those words lightly.

I know you are way wrong here Seanie, I dont think you are!

I despise the NRA and you are correct in saying the NRA owns to many politicians, it does, that said to say that anyone who opposes gun control is sub human is disgraceful and wrong, by your logic what goes that make women qho have abortions or the doctors who perform abortions?

Pro gun people tend to be by and large extremely good citizens, they have grown up around guns and they feel the law is on their side, which it is, the law clearly states that every citizen has the right to bear arms, not only that but many feel that they are  a part of a necessary militia if and when a  tyrannical government tries to repress the right on the people, and, as you know, this is a big part of what the founding fathers wrote about when forging the constitution.

I know many gun owners and I disagree with many of them, every one of them is a tax paying citizen in good standing, not a one of them has done any time I know of so my question is, how the hell are they sub human Seanie?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

They are facilitating murder by their refusal to accept sensible gun controls.

You could write the same stuff about the security forces in NI including the RUC during the troubles. The law was on their side, good people, pay their taxes.....part of a murder machine.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stew on February 15, 2018, 09:54:54 AM

I despise the NRA and you are correct in saying the NRA owns to many politicians, it does, that said to say that anyone who opposes gun control is sub human is disgraceful and wrong, by your logic what goes that make women qho have abortions or the doctors who perform abortions?

Pro gun people tend to be by and large extremely good citizens, they have grown up around guns and they feel the law is on their side, which it is, the law clearly states that every citizen has the right to bear arms, not only that but many feel that they are  a part of a necessary militia if and when a  tyrannical government tries to repress the right on the people, and, as you know, this is a big part of what the founding fathers wrote about when forging the constitution.

I know many gun owners and I disagree with many of them, every one of them is a tax paying citizen in good standing, not a one of them has done any time I know of so my question is, how the hell are they sub human Seanie?
I am sure there are plenty of decent people who own guns, but that doesn't make the current gun laws any less wrong.

The fact that this is an argument shows how bat-shit crazy many Americans are
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stew

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 15, 2018, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: stew on February 15, 2018, 09:54:54 AM

I am sure there are plenty of decent people who own guns, but that doesn't make the current gun laws any less wrong.

The fact that this is an argument shows how bat-shit crazy many Americans are

The gun laws are wrong, badly wrong, the republicans are largely to blame here!

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 15, 2018, 10:04:49 AM
They are facilitating murder by their refusal to accept sensible gun controls.

You could write the same stuff about the security forces in NI including the RUC during the troubles. The law was on their side, good people, pay their taxes.....part of a murder machine.

What are sensible gun controls?

How do you get the guns out of the hands of drug dealers, gang members and other destructive people with said sensible gun controls?

Until you can have an answer to my second question, you will never ever have a chance of removing guns from the citizenry.