Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Not so long ago most punters,experts would predict a straight forward win for Kerry, once again it speaks volumes for the job Jim McGuinness is currently doing with Donegal.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

seafoid

Donegal look like they have come on a good bit from last year and Kerry have been used to getting bitch slapped around in recent seasons. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Real Talk

If Kerry concentrate on high diagonal ball into Donaghy then they will cause Donegal probs however their (Donegal's) defensive sytem will curtail that being easy to achieve.  Donegal do not depend on one marksman they have scored from all angles and from a range of personel.  Should be a facinating battle and I think Donegal just might shade it becuase of their organisation and focused 'team ethic'

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Real Talk on July 29, 2012, 10:30:50 PM
If Kerry concentrate on high diagonal ball into Donaghy then they will cause Donegal probs however their (Donegal's) defensive sytem will curtail that being easy to achieve.  Donegal do not depend on one marksman they have scored from all angles and from a range of personel. Should be a facinating battle and I think Donegal just might shade it becuase of their organisation and focused 'team ethic'

That's the case with most of the top sides they can have 9-11 different scorers. The average teams (Armagh included) depend too much on a few forwards.

imtommygunn

Galvin should have seen red and shouldn't be seeing this game...

Onlooker

Quote from: Seamus on July 28, 2012, 10:35:00 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2012, 10:04:24 PM
It's Gas if Kerry lose, they'll have the Northern thing thrown back in their face again! Can you imagine!  ;D

There is no Northern team left.
You are not great at gegraphy, seamus.  Did no teacher ever tell you that Donegal is the most northerly county in Ireland.

maigheo

Jim mcguinness has done an unbelievable job with Donegal and it speaks volumes for him and his team that many people will give Donegal a great chance to beat Kerry next week>I remember all the pundits ripping him apart last winter over the Cassidy affair and his defensive game plan and saying Donegal were finished but to his great credit he has stuck to his vision and plan for Donegal football which now sees them as genuine contenders for Sam.I would fancy them to beat Kerry and that is the game I am looking forward to the most next weekend

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2012, 10:27:53 PM
Donegal look like they have come on a good bit from last year and Kerry have been used to getting bitch slapped around in recent seasons.

no pogrom keeping you busy these days ?

mlcollins

You know a lot about bitch slapping seafoid,just because ye got enough of it from kerry in the past,we'll see who is going to be bitch slapped next sunday.I'd say YOU could do with a good bitch slap you seem to have a liking for it.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 30, 2012, 05:08:50 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2012, 10:27:53 PM

no pogrom keeping you busy these days ?
touchy down in dherastan are we?

drici

seafoid

cadence

Quote from: seafoid on July 30, 2012, 12:04:44 PM
Quote from: cadence on July 30, 2012, 10:05:39 AM
get it right! it's el touchy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WeUhn7XKLs
Kerry won't be the team of this decade.

i'd agree with that... very little between the top teams. which says to me no one team is going to dominate for the foreseeable.

what a cracking weekend of football though. sunday looks the biz. 

JHume

Quote from: drici on July 30, 2012, 11:54:46 AM
Martin Duffy.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.