Are we entering a vintage era for football?

Started by thewobbler, August 05, 2012, 05:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cadence on August 06, 2012, 09:01:38 PM
ah naw, you're right myles. there was me thinking you were creating fictitious and spiteful rumours to deflect attention away from the reality. it's not the case at all that the predominant and governing cavan attitude is stubbornly stuck in the past and you're a fine example of that. i apologise. 

it would be ridiculous to suggest, you being the guardian of "traditional" (non-cynical even) football, that you'd slander the name of a player who merely wants to play for a county who are serious about winning things to defend your own embittered agenda.

how noble of you.

What a moron you are, you do realise Johnston was not selected to be in the 2012 panel, hence his departure to Kildare - where he sits on the bench. What "rumour" have I put on here that is not true. You in Donegal took nearly 100 years to win a provincial title and now you think ye are pioneers of football - what a laugh. You have just resorted to reduce football to a game of rugby league where the "skill" of it is to break tackles and recycle the ball. You might as well use an oval ball since you have already been using rugby coaches. If the shite you put forward as football is allowed to flourish then people will simply stop watching.  It is in the interests of the wider GAA family to have an attractive game so we can win the hearts and minds of the next generation of kids. Soccer had the same problem with time wasting back passes and they outlawed it, the GAA need to do something similar. I really hope Cork win the semi as I'd hate to see any team be rewarded for such muck. Anyway, I imagine it is pointless making a case which is for the betterment of the GAA to you as you are only interested in looking inwards.

cadence

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 06, 2012, 09:29:39 PM
ah naw, you're right myles. there was me thinking you were creating fictitious and spiteful rumours to deflect attention away from the reality. it's not the case at all that the predominant and governing cavan attitude is stubbornly stuck in the past and you're a fine example of that. i apologise. 

it would be ridiculous to suggest, you being the guardian of "traditional" (non-cynical even) football, that you'd slander the name of a player who merely wants to play for a county who are serious about winning things to defend your own embittered agenda.

how noble of you.

What a moron you are, you do realise Johnston was not selected to be in the 2012 panel, hence his departure to Kildare - where he sits on the bench. What "rumour" have I put on here that is not true. You in Donegal took nearly 100 years to win a provincial title and now you think ye are pioneers of football - what a laugh. You have just resorted to reduce football to a game of rugby league where the "skill" of it is to break tackles and recycle the ball. You might as well use an oval ball since you have already been using rugby coaches. If the shite you put forward as football is allowed to flourish then people will simply stop watching.  It is in the interests of the wider GAA family to have an attractive game so we can win the hearts and minds of the next generation of kids. Soccer had the same problem with time wasting back passes and they outlawed it, the GAA need to do something similar. I really hope Cork win the semi as I'd hate to see any team be rewarded for such muck. Anyway, I imagine it is pointless making a case which is for the betterment of the GAA to you as you are only interested in looking inwards.

ah just as i suspected. the upstarts donegal having the cheek to be successful galls you. bitter much?! when did donegal folk ever say we were pioneers of anything! more myths from myles surprise surprise.

btw, what planet are you on re sj? difficult to maintain his motivation and form when he knows cavan football is aimless and going nowhere and can't keep the talent it has had still playing the game. but there is no recognition of this in cavan.

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/gaelicfootball/articles/2012/07/25/4011462-end-to-end-cavan-must-retain-their-young-talent-to-have-any-hope/

it's as if something mysterious has cursed the county when really the problem is very simple. stop living in the past and make the best use of your talent. mcguinness is taken though.

i'm sure sj doesn't need lecturing on the values of the game, he's well aware of the taboo he was breaking. says a lot about how cavan are being run that he felt he had to break that taboo to test himself at the top level.

the only way to keep your talent is to motivate them. and the only was to do that is to get your shit together and give them something to train for.

re inwardness, you might benefit from trying a wee bit of self-reflection... think about whether you're spinning myths to bolster your ego and defend you bitterness for others because you are pissed off at how you're doing, or whether you are actually the guardian of football.

despite a mountain of evidence to suggest otherwise regarding your own county's current failings, you stick to defending your immediate reactionary position and insist the way you're approaching things is good for football.

stuck in the past much?       

J OGorman

how noble of you.

surely you don't mean the bit in bold? If so, I'll stick with the past also  :o

cadence

Quote from: J OGorman on August 06, 2012, 10:36:47 PM

how noble of you.

surely you don't mean the bit in bold? If so, I'll stick with the past also  :o

no surprises there then.  :D

mylestheslasher

I think it is pointless trying to debate with you as you refuse to engage on the issue. We have lots of problems in Cavan and everyone knows and admits that but how is that relative when discussing Donegals destruction of football. We discuss Cavan on the Cavan thread you are welcome to come in and advise us on how to deal with primadonna mercenaries anytime.

cadence

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 06, 2012, 11:11:47 PM
I think it is pointless trying to debate with you as you refuse to engage on the issue. We have lots of problems in Cavan and everyone knows and admits that but how is that relative when discussing Donegals destruction of football. We discuss Cavan on the Cavan thread you are welcome to come in and advise us on how to deal with primadonna mercenaries anytime.

myles, as usual, no self-reflection whatsoever from you. i don't accept your argument that we play anti-football, puke football, whatever it's being called. anyone that has watched us play this season knows we are much more of a threat going forward and anyone that knows anything about donegal football knows we are maximising on the traditional donegal short passing game. we've always played the short passing and running game, it's just much more noticeable these days because our target numbers up front are more limited.

on the rugby league criticism... now i'm not aware of if we have sought insights from rugby league, but so what? if it makes our running game slicker what's the big deal? + it's hardly the first time football has sought to learn from other sports.

as for the donegal's destruction of football, i'd have thought it would be more prudent of you to be mindful of the demise of cavan football and get your house in order. i admire a man who proudly sticks to his guns, but jesus, have a day off will yah.