Michéal Martin takes on Cowen - to be commended ? Brave or foolish ?

Started by orangeman, January 16, 2011, 09:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

QuoteWho cares who leads FF from now on? The party has failed the people.

That's exactly my feelings. I come from a FF family, but I don't see anyone rushing to vote for Calleary next time around... Martin says the future of FF is at stake, but who cares about the future of FF really, when the future of Ireland is much, much more important.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lawnseed

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 17, 2011, 04:53:50 PM
QuoteWho cares who leads FF from now on? The party has failed the people.

failed the people? what make anyone think these shower ever cared about 'the people' they only care about themselves and their mates
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orangemac

Thought it was telling the night FF finally admitted the bailout he came out with " Sometimes the interest of the country comes before party".

For FF it seems to be that what is best for FF is best for the country.

I can't stand that weasel Barry Andrews future leader my arse.

Whole family of silver spooned knobs, Tubridy included.

Shamrock Shore

Well, Hanafin bottled that one on The Frontline.

Interesting to see the yokes I'll have to decide to vote for soon.

Hobson's choice.

Shame the Christian Solidary Party candidate couldn't make it! Or the Shinners.

Pangurban

Have none of you copped on yet that it is not a   failure of FF,FG,Labour etc that has brought the country to its current sad state. It is the rotten corrupt political system which needs fixing. The discourse from all parties, with one honourable exception, is centred on how to restore this rotten system to a workable state, as all the main parties benefit from it, in terms of Money,influence and power. The vast majority of citizens have been and will be kept outside of the power loop, while clienttelism will continue to reign supreme and ensure the continuance of the dynasties. Democratic election my arse. Rest assured none of you will be any better off after it.

seafoid

Quote from: Orangemac on January 17, 2011, 11:26:46 PM

I can't stand that weasel Barry Andrews future leader my arse.

Whole family of silver spooned knobs, Tubridy included.

Baz's older brother is a comedian and he has more integrity than all of the
politicians in the family put together.

FF are incompetent. The great election winning machine is useless if the TDs can't protect the taxpayers' interest.
People say maybe they'll regroup under a new leader but what is to come economy wise is far worse than has been seen to date and it is entirely the fault of FF.  The system is broken. FF broke it.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Declan

Lendahand backing Cl owen - One RTE news at 1
Did Lenihan mislead the back benchers?

John McGuiness who was a big supporter of Lenihan is turning on him. He said he did encourage dissent.

Blood on floor now. McGuinness accusing Lenny of conspiring against Cowen and finds his current support of Cowen to be "shocking".

Hardy

They're saying Cowen reckons he has 40 votes, based on his conversations with parliamentary party members. I can't believe he's so naive, unless the 40 is already factoring in the minimum of 25% who have lied to him.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Pangurban on January 18, 2011, 01:01:40 AM
Have none of you copped on yet that it is not a   failure of FF,FG,Labour etc that has brought the country to its current sad state. It is the rotten corrupt political system which needs fixing. The discourse from all parties, with one honourable exception, is centred on how to restore this rotten system to a workable state, as all the main parties benefit from it, in terms of Money,influence and power. The vast majority of citizens have been and will be kept outside of the power loop, while clienttelism will continue to reign supreme and ensure the continuance of the dynasties. Democratic election my arse. Rest assured none of you will be any better off after it.
there's some truth in that, but name me a country where there is true democracy - even athens, the birthplace of democracy only allowed the elite to vote.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: Hardy on January 18, 2011, 02:55:33 PM
They're saying Cowen reckons he has 40 votes, based on his conversations with parliamentary party members. I can't believe he's so naive, unless the 40 is already factoring in the minimum of 25% who have lied to him.

I don't think so Hardy - Cowen is anything but naive. He has the numbers alright, otherwise there's no way that he would be cocky enough to call a confidence vote - by secret ballot - in himself. Getting Martin to bottle his resignation merely sealed the deal.

So today's a non-event, but it might be the beginning of the end for Cowen.

seafoid

Biffo wins but what does he win ? FF are all over the place.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

comethekingdom

Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2011, 09:44:50 PM
Biffo wins but what does he win ? FF are all over the place.
Sure they're no different from Fine Gael's similar fiasco by Bruton last summer. They're all a complete bunch of pillocks IMO.

Maguire01

The other parties will be delighted with this. FF shot themselves in the foot.

sammymaguire

Name 3 decent honourable politicians you'd vote for in the Rep of Ireland?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 18, 2011, 09:54:23 PM
The other parties will be delighted with this. FF shot themselves in the foot.
i honestly think it's pretty irrelevant, if they get more than 35 seats it will be a miracle, if they get less than 30 seats it'll be the same.  Today was extremely unlikely to change anything either way?