Red or Dead?

Started by Tony Baloney, January 16, 2011, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any using or seriously considering using red diesel in the near future?

Currently on the red.
6 (13.3%)
Considering it if the prices keep rising.
14 (31.1%)
Law abiding citizen.
25 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

tyrone girl

The engine would not only sing or shout at u it would jump through the windscreen and slap u round the face

All of a Sludden

Agri diesel has a higher sulphate content. It is very unlikely that it would cause a car to go into limp mode. Even agri diesel and Kero will now have "additives" that shouldn't really be there. There was also a case were petrol was found to contain methanol, they are diluting everything these days.
Be very careful where you buy your fuel if you value your car.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

lawnseed

tyrone girl you wouldnt dump your car on any of us when your selling it on? :o would you? :D we're your mates etc gaels and all that.. you'd take it to trainors.

btw lads. as a haulier in a previous life i have stated on this thread that i have tried every single way to avoid paying for dear diesel including laundering, split tanks, kerosene, tanks in the trailer with soleniods to switch it on and off if you were stopped etc.. you name it i've done it or seen it done. i had a transit with a compressor in the back except the compressor was actually full of red diesel and pipe to the lift pump. waste of time! messing with fuel is kidding yourself. i have tried LPG.  whether you believe me or not is your own business. i actually made a filter capable of removing dye from red diesel and used it sucessfully (got fuel tested). if it doesnt pay to put the right stuff in the yoke- park her up! by a honda 50- 100mpg.
jez! you didnt think that BP shareholders were gonna pay for that gulf clean up.. we are :'(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

All of a Sludden

This may be of some interest to some.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5iFESMAU58&feature=related

It was recorded in 1999, but is very relevant to todays oil prices. Some very interesting points raised even if it does go on a bit.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

lawnseed

hydrogen could be the way its gonna go (if you win the lotto- but then you could afford diesel) i watched a programme about alternative vehicles they had this good looking motor it was doing the equavilant of 250 mpg in monetary terms but with the increase in fuel prices that could be 350mpg now. wouldnt mind trying an electric car they reckon that if 25% of the money and time spent developing the internal combustion engine had been spent on battery development that the internal combustion engine would be obselete in cars now. so theres hope- even for mayo;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once