FF
FG
LAB
SF
Others
Greens
Not going to Vote

pintsofguinness

It doesn't even make sense what they're at! How can they stay on if the budge isn't passed?

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:24:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 07:22:16 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 07:18:43 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 22, 2010, 07:18:17 PM
this is a f**king disgrace. Bury them.
what's going on!

Holding the Dáil to ransom.

Pass the budget and I might call an election.
Don't and you will not be 'acting in the National Interest'.

Political trap that the Greens are now going to be strangled with. They have to vote with FF. They should have pulled out completely or not at all.

Exactly its more Fianna Fail tricks, they are trying to come out of this looking like its everybody elses fault that we are where we are.

Pints where you even watching RTE?
I can't see RTE where I am hence me asking here what's going on. 
I told you to shut up because you're behaving like the local looney in the corner of the pub that everyone avoids!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 22, 2010, 07:29:07 PM
I don't think they're doing that. I think the strategy long term is.

1 - Get the Dail to pass the budget.
2 - Go to the country, knowing you will get caned.
3 - Cowan to fall on his sword as the ultimate Party Man after the election.
4 - Fine Gael and Labour not be miracle workers as the next 4 years unfold.
5 - New FF leader comes in before the next election and FF recover to be the second biggest party, and possible coalition leaders again.
6 - FF recover to become the biggest party in 8 years time.

The new Government (and possibly the one after that) will be handicapped by the budget passed in line 1. If they don't vote for the budget they will be attacked as acting against the National Interest.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 07:29:53 PM
It doesn't even make sense what they're at! How can they stay on if the budge isn't passed?

what's going on!

Political trap that the Greens are now going to be strangled with. They have to vote with FF. They should have pulled out completely or not at all.

Exactly its more Fianna Fail tricks, they are trying to come out of this looking like its everybody elses fault that we are where we are.

I told you to shut up because you're behaving like the local looney in the corner of the pub that everyone avoids!

I'm angry, aren't you?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 07:32:05 PM

5 - New FF leader comes in before the next election and FF recover to be the second biggest party, and possible coalition leaders again.

The new Government (and possibly the one after that) will be handicapped by the budget passed in line 1. If they don't vote for the budget they will be attacked as acting against the National Interest.

Exactly, this is not about saving Ireland, its about saving the Fianna Fail party.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 07:32:05 PM

Exactly. This is a strategic gambit by FF. Vote for the budget, and we'll get out of the way so we can come back when ye have to enforce it.

Oppose it, and ye'll be seen as being obstructive, especially when ye agree with most of the measures.

muppet

I think the Greens will be slaughtered by the Indo for the rest of the week after today.
MWWSI 2017

belleaqua

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:28:29 PM
Quote from: belleaqua on November 22, 2010, 07:24:20 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:19:17 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 07:17:29 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:16:44 PM
RTE News now, the b**tards  >:( Shame on you and shame on all of you who will vote for them, they are an Evil Undemocratic Junta.
would you ever shut up

Why they are undemocratic b**tards.

Id love to live in your world ::)

What world is that? The one where the skulduggery of Fianna Fail for the best part of 30 years is unacceptable! Jesus you apologists make me sick  >:(

Ha, im no FF apologist nor am i a ranting, raving lunatic that cant seperate rabid hatred no matter how valid, from some sense of sober judgement or analysis.

You obviously dont know the laws and constitution of the country spouting stuff about undemocatic and juntas.

Donnellys Hollow

The budget will be touch and go. Will they be able to keep every backbench gobdaw happy as they all try desperately to retain their seats?

The Greens really fcuked up again here. They should have pulled the plug completely or just tried to lay low. Gormley went into reverse gear on the news.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:32:12 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 07:29:53 PM

what's going on!

I'm angry, aren't you?
Yes, but I'd be angrier if I thought there was someone that could run the country any better.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 07:36:28 PM
I think the Greens will be slaughtered by the Indo for the rest of the week after today.

The Greens will be slaughtered anyway. They've allowed themselves to be backed into a corner now. People don't give a shite about the environment unless it can be demonstrated to make/save money for them. In a recession/depression, policies about Carbon taxes are damp squibs.

INDIANA

pass a budget they expect others to implement and then slate them from the backbenches. dont kid yourself FF are doing this anything as noble as the country. Stinks of politics

AZOffaly

Exactly. I don't think  I mentioned this would be in the national interest. If it so happens, well and good, but this is about strategic medium to long term party political planning.

I put forward a theory a couple of years ago about what FF should do in the previous election, (basically lose it on purpose) and I think I shocked a few people about how my devious mind works. If they had followed that strategy they'd nearly win the next election but their need for power consumed them.

I think they will benefit by being in opposition in tough times. People will forget they got us here, and if they make the right noises, which they are masters at, they'll be a big threat in 4 or 8 years again.

Especially if a Fine Gael Labour coalition tears itself apart.

AZOffaly

PS I wonder how the Fine Gael front benchers who said Enda Kenny did not possess the requisite skills or knowledge to be Taoiseach are feeling now. They're lucky the Government are so screwed because that almost could lose you an election on it's own in normal times.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 22, 2010, 07:43:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 07:36:28 PM

The Greens will be slaughtered anyway. They've allowed themselves to be backed into a corner now. People don't give a shite about the environment unless it can be demonstrated to make/save money for them. In a recession/depression, policies about Carbon taxes are damp squibs.

the greens have committed political suicide. will go the way of the PD's. Good riddance

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: belleaqua on November 22, 2010, 07:36:46 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:28:29 PM
Quote from: belleaqua on November 22, 2010, 07:24:20 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:19:17 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 07:17:29 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 22, 2010, 07:16:44 PM
RTE News now, the b**tards  >:( Shame on you and shame on all of you who will vote for them, they are an Evil Undemocratic Junta.
would you ever shut up

Why they are undemocratic b**tards.

Id love to live in your world ::)

What world is that? The one where the skulduggery of Fianna Fail for the best part of 30 years is unacceptable! Jesus you apologists make me sick  >:(

Ha, im no FF apologist nor am i a ranting, raving lunatic that cant seperate rabid hatred no matter how valid, from some sense of sober judgement or analysis.

You obviously dont know the laws and constitution of the country spouting stuff about undemocatic and juntas.

Yes Brian I understand that Dáil Éireann is elected for 5 years, you keep telling us. Fianna Fail bases their so called democratic legitimacy on a technical majority in the Dáil, but they will not call all the bye elections. Yes I know they claim they do not have to hold these bye elections, but the courts disagree. By not holding these bye elections and using a technical majority they are acting undemocratically.
A Junta is not necessarily a Military government, despite seeing the Gardai (yes I know not the army) force a protestor to the ground so government ministers did not have to face a protestor inside their government mercs. A junta can also be a government form involving a Union, a coalition is a type of union.
Evil - "Evil is intentionally causing harm or destruction, or deliberately violating some moral code." (Yes I know there are better references than wiki)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil