Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Ive been watching various news channels for there reporting on this and the difference in the questioning of palestinian supporters is alot difference, BBC giving hardline questions seemingly in favour of israel, Sky the same stance with less agressive questioning, and then France24, Press TV questioning with a anti Israel connotation.

Having experienced Arab culture, sometimes watching the outcry for human rights, from likes of Syria, Iran etc... its sometimes hard to take, becuase of the way they give fck all human rights to women and children and foreigners. Ive worked in Qatar, Uae and been to beirut but whilst I support all those countries in this particular situation they are fair from innocent in terms of human rights.

Clearly the palestinains are the real victims when only a quarter of the aid needed to survive is allowed in by Israel. Construction supplies are illegal under Israeli control. There is talk that attack was planned and the assianations were targetted.

This world will not answer the call because no really cares enough as its our back garden, sure when human rights were a issue up North fck all Irish answered the call. Ulick probably has it right.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

J70

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2010, 04:15:38 PM
Quote from: Declan on May 31, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
QuoteSomeone said this is Israel's sharpeville. It will gain the attention of millions of people around the world. Things will never be the same again

I'd like to agree with you but I won't hold my breath. As for negative PR the Israelis couldn't give 2 F***s what the rest of the world thinks of them. I'm waiting to see what our esteemed TD Mr Shatter says about this.

Israel is like the moonies. It is a cult. Way out of line with what everyone else is thinking. It's getting worse with time. In the last 5 years there have been 2 wars, the 600 calorie a day Gaza diet, the Dubai assassination and now this.  Sanctions are only a matter of time. the generation who put the Holocaust above Arab human rights will soon be dead.  Israel is losing younger American Jews.  All it can rely on is the nutcase Christian right. I wouldn't put money on Israel making it to 100.

Sanctions against Israel will never happen.

johnneycool

Maybe not from the West, but if the Turks who have an army worthy of the name start flexing its muscle in the region then we're into very dangerous territory.

All it'll need is the Turks to take the lead and it'll not take long for the likes of the Syrians etc to row in behind them then Barack will need to show where he truely stands on the issue. For all his talk the Israelis must still be very confident of having the support of Uncle Sam's army or they'd have thought long and hard over this one.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2010, 04:24:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2010, 04:15:38 PM
Quote from: Declan on May 31, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
QuoteSomeone said this is Israel's sharpeville. It will gain the attention of millions of people around the world. Things will never be the same again

I'd like to agree with you but I won't hold my breath. As for negative PR the Israelis couldn't give 2 F***s what the rest of the world thinks of them. I'm waiting to see what our esteemed TD Mr Shatter says about this.

Israel is like the moonies. It is a cult. Way out of line with what everyone else is thinking. It's getting worse with time. In the last 5 years there have been 2 wars, the 600 calorie a day Gaza diet, the Dubai assassination and now this.  Sanctions are only a matter of time. the generation who put the Holocaust above Arab human rights will soon be dead.  Israel is losing younger American Jews.  All it can rely on is the nutcase Christian right. I wouldn't put money on Israel making it to 100.

Sanctions against Israel will never happen.

Sanctions are inevitable. There will never be a Palestinian state. Israel has built to ensure there can't be.  Israel has a choice between giving the vote to the Palestinians or the alternative which is apartheid. Israel is now running a system of apartheid in the occupied territories. Liberal democracies won't touch it once the facade about peace runs out of road and the 2 state solution is seen for the dead letter it is.  Israel is no more rational than north Korea. Alan Shatter and Alan Dershowitz and the rest of that generation will stand up for Israel no matter what but once they die there will be nobody to replace them. the hypocrisy of the world's only Jewish democracy running a system of apartheid will turn off more and more people to the point where action will become inevitable.

Avigdor lieberman is just the start. In time Netanyahu will come to be seen as a moderate and Sahron as a visionary. That is how bad things will get for Israel.

the other thing is that nobody wants to emigrate to Israel any more. why not? It's not the kind of place you want to rear your children.
Put all of the trends into a formula and run them for 20 years. Israel is finished.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Carmen Stateside

Been watching the news here in the states and not a mention. Its a total disgrace what these scumbags have done to innocent people.  Trying to email CNN at the minute.

Nally Stand

Fcuk that was quick. Must have been some email u sent them!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

red hander

These Israeli Nazi  bastards should be made international pariahs like the South African regime was ... sanctions brought down apartheid once, they can do so again

Nally Stand

Quote from: red hander on May 31, 2010, 05:11:39 PM
These Israeli Nazi  b**tards should be made international pariahs like the South African regime was ... sanctions brought down apartheid once, they can do so again

It would be great for something like that to happen again. It just needs something to kick start the campaign and grab people's attention across Ireland, akin to the Dunnes Stores picket in Dublin for the S. African boycott.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Ulick

NATO Charter

Article 5
The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Article 6 (1)
For the purpose of Article 5, an armed attack on one or more of the Parties is deemed to include an armed attack:

on the territory of any of the Parties in Europe or North America, on the Algerian Departments of France (2), on the territory of or on the Islands under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties in the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer;

on the forces, vessels, or aircraft of any of the Parties, when in or over these territories or any other area in Europe in which occupation forces of any of the Parties were stationed on the date when the Treaty entered into force or the Mediterranean Sea or the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer.

Dare say the Yanks and Brits will be backtracking on that agreement as quickly as they can.

bcarrier

As numbed as we are to Israel this is unfeckingbelievable.

They will create noise - " defending themselves etc " ...and ultimately sanction the commandos if that is what it takes to get away with it.

armaghniac

Normally Israel has a keen sense of Realpolitik, this suggests that they have become complacent. They have been particular allies of Turkey, yet they are treating the people on this ship in the same way as Palestinians.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

aontroim

The title of this thread says 20 people have been killed and now the news is reporting 9 people are dead - does anyone know the correct figure at this stage?

bcarrier

or maybe they want a war now. The west is an economic basket case.

Israel military sensor is blocking release of information on deaths.

theskull1

I'm not sure if I'd blindly accept the simplistic notion that they are becoming complacent.

I wonder are they trying to crank up the tentions in the region? Could they be trying to provoke a military response from Iran for instance. Truth is I don't know enough to have a view on what they are up to.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera