Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

QuoteSQ says the debts were against himself and the Quinn group adn has accepted being made bankrupt and losing his company. Anglo say the debts were against Quinn family assets also. I have heard allegations that the loan documents were doctored though not from a reliable source. This should eventually come out.

Interesting stuff.

Sounds like Anglo were a right bunch of chancers. How very 'Irish'.

supersarsfields

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2012, 04:44:16 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 31, 2012, 04:13:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 31, 2012, 12:09:42 PM
For the record I DO NOT SUPPORT THE QUINNS in their attempts to avoid paying their debts and saddling me and the plain people of the 26 Counties with paying them.
If they were true Nationalists (rather than a greedy shower of arrogant moneyed pricks) they'd avoid lumping their debts on the taxpayers and that nephew wouldn't be hiding behind the Border to avoid his rightful place behind bars.
I certainly think an awful lot less of O'Rourke/Harte/Boylan/Kernan/Darcy in marching in support of that awful family plus Sean Kelly has gone down a lot in my opinion too for voicing support for them.

Who lumped private banking debt on the taxpayer Rossfan? It certainly wasn't Sean Quinn as you well know.
I always had great admiration for Harte, Kernan, Boylan etc but now even Colm O Rourke has gone up in my estimation. Fair play to them.
Kernan and O'Rourke both lost large amounts of money riding the Tiger.
Very disappointing to see Boylan in there saluting Quinn while disabled kids in Meath are having their funding cut because of Quinn.  It's not Mickey Harte's jurisdiction and HMG sponsors the wee 6 so he can afford to be very generous in his support. 

The Quinns rights don't go out the window just because of the bank guarantee no matter how much some people would like that.

boojangles

For the record I DO NOT SUPPORT THE QUINNS in their attempts to avoid paying their debts and saddling me and the plain people of the 26 Counties with paying them.
If they were true Nationalists (rather than a greedy shower of arrogant moneyed pricks) they'd avoid lumping their debts on the taxpayers and that nephew wouldn't be hiding behind the Border to avoid his rightful place behind bars.
I certainly think an awful lot less of O'Rourke/Harte/Boylan/Kernan/Darcy in marching in support of that awful family plus Sean Kelly has gone down a lot in my opinion too for voicing support for them.

Who lumped private banking debt on the taxpayer Rossfan? It certainly wasn't Sean Quinn as you well know.
I always had great admiration for Harte, Kernan, Boylan etc but now even Colm O Rourke has gone up in my estimation. Fair play to them.
Very disappointing to see Boylan in there saluting Quinn while disabled kids in Meath are having their funding cut because of Quinn.   It's not Mickey Harte's jurisdiction and HMG sponsors the wee 6 so he can afford to be very generous in his support.

Because of Quinn? Would you care to back that statement up Seafoid?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: supersarsfields on July 31, 2012, 04:49:00 PM

Very disappointing to see Boylan in there saluting Quinn while disabled kids in Meath are having their funding cut because of Quinn.  It's not Mickey Harte's jurisdiction and HMG sponsors the wee 6 so he can afford to be very generous in his support. 

The Quinns rights don't go out the window just because of the bank guarantee no matter how much some people would like that.
Why should my Grandfather pay for the Quinns?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

supersarsfields

Why should the Quinns pay for your Grandfather?

Rossfan

The fcukin Quinns should pay their debts and not have the deprived and handicapped and sick people of the 26 Counties suffering because of the arrogance of a shower of cnuts - who apparently can't live on less than around €2k per week.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lone Shark

Quote from: EC Unique on July 31, 2012, 04:45:45 PM
QuoteSQ says the debts were against himself and the Quinn group adn has accepted being made bankrupt and losing his company. Anglo say the debts were against Quinn family assets also. I have heard allegations that the loan documents were doctored though not from a reliable source. This should eventually come out.

Interesting stuff.

Sounds like Anglo were a right bunch of chancers. How very 'Irish'.

No - it sounds like a case of he said, she said. A lot of Pro-Quinn posters are putting it out there that this doctoring of documentation is a matter of fact, when it's anything but.

The key issue however is that the Quinns are also taking steps to ensure that if this is not proven, IBRC/The Irish people can't have  the assets anyway. Basically one big f*** you to the Irish people, a case of if we can't have them, ye can't have them either.

This is an excellent piece btw: http://www.irishtimes.com/focus/2012/quinn-claims/index.pdf

supersarsfields

It's one big f**k you to the Irish state. I've no arguments to that.
Considering the Irish state have taken no action to protect them and have decided to give anglo full reign to do as they like, I completely agree with their actions. The State had multiple options to run the case of liability before anything else. They decided not to do so but to allow anglo to work away on loans they knew could be deemed illegal.

Lone Shark

Quote from: supersarsfields on July 31, 2012, 06:20:53 PM
Considering the Irish state have taken no action to protect them and have decided to give anglo full reign to do as they like, I completely agree with their actions. The State had multiple options to run the case of liability before anything else. They decided not to do so but to allow anglo to work away on loans they knew could be deemed illegal.

This seems to be the central tenet of your case, so let's look at this then. When did the state decline to determine liability? What judgement is this?

I'm trying to be open minded here, but it's just occurred to me that this seems to be the crux of the argument, and yet I've never actually seen where this happened.

Tubberman

And a big f**k you to me and all other Irish taxpayers.
Jarlath burns was just on today fm with fintan o'toole on other side. Apparently jarlathtold the crowd the other day that "the GAA community wanted justice for the quinns". So much for speaking in a personal capacity.
He said he didn't want to get involved in "an economic debate" because he knew he'd lose hands down.
Instead us argument was SQ is a humble man who created employment in border area. I don't think anyone is disputing that but it hardly gives you carte blanche to do as you like.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

supersarsfields

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 31, 2012, 06:31:46 PM

This seems to be the central tenet of your case, so let's look at this then. When did the state decline to determine liability? What judgement is this?

I'm trying to be open minded here, but it's just occurred to me that this seems to be the crux of the argument, and yet I've never actually seen where this happened.

That's the point, it should have been done before the state agreed to the action by Anglo to seize the Group. It was known by then about the share support so would it not have been a better time to look at things then before allowing Anglo to actually enforce the loans. If for nothing else the cost to the state now if the Quinns win is going to be catastrophic.

anglocelt39

Interestingly a number of the Dublin Banking/Accounting/Legal set that I have dealings with believe that poor oul Seanie Fitz is on the receiving end of terrible injustice and harrassment. So it's not just the plain people of the border regions who are willing to suspend objective judgement when it comes to the affairs and travails of those that pay the bills/grease their palms etc.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

supersarsfields

Quote from: Tubberman on July 31, 2012, 06:34:32 PM

And a big f**k you to me and all other Irish taxpayers.
Jarlath burns was just on today fm with fintan o'toole on other side. Apparently jarlathtold the crowd the other day that "the GAA community wanted justice for the quinns". So much for speaking in a personal capacity.
He said he didn't want to get involved in "an economic debate" because he knew he'd lose hands down.
Instead us argument was SQ is a humble man who created employment in border area. I don't think anyone is disputing that but it hardly gives you carte blanche to do as you like.

Just because Jarlath didn't know the economic debate doesn't mean there isn't one. It's been done on here enough!!

Maguire01

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 31, 2012, 06:46:03 PM
Interestingly a number of the Dublin Banking/Accounting/Legal set that I have dealings with believe that poor oul Seanie Fitz is on the receiving end of terrible injustice and harrassment. So it's not just the plain people of the border regions who are willing to suspend objective judgement when it comes to the affairs and travails of those that pay the bills/grease their palms etc.
It's Ireland all over. It's no different to Healy Rae or Lowry... local supporters see one angle, virtually everyone else sees another.