The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on October 22, 2018, 02:51:58 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 02:39:34 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 22, 2018, 02:20:16 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 01:59:57 PMI don't know and don't care

Enough if it is fake to seriously damage their credibility and force people to look elsewhere for their information.
Very poor, Fakey

Surely you can do better than that

53% of Democrats and 79% of Independents agree with me, but keep it up.    Believe whatever you want.  Trump and Brexit weren't an accident you know....a lot of people.   I guess we'll find out about the blue wave in a couple of weeks

What does the outcome of the election have to do with anything?

YOU never stop whining about fake news and the "lamestream" media, yet when asked to present some relevant data to back up your bellyaching, you say don't know and don't care.

As to the irrelevent perception data, a good percentage of Americans believe in creationism, including Bishop Ussher's 6000 year old earth claim. Does that render all the independent lines of evidence leading to the same conclusion of life evolving on an extremely long-lived planet as false?

The white people of the southern states believed that black people were inferior and potentially dangerous and operated a society where racial discrimination and persecution were the dominant legal and cultural forces. Did the numbers render their bigoted, evil outlook as valid?
"The Press lie all the time"  was a line of thinking promoted by the Nazis. Goebbels used to refer to the press as the lying Press.
Sad day for the GOP when it apes the Nazis.
Very sad day for Mayo. God help us
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on October 22, 2018, 02:43:45 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 02:39:34 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 22, 2018, 02:20:16 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
I don't know and don't care

Enough if it is fake to seriously damage their credibility and force people to look elsewhere for their information.
Very poor, Fakey
Surely you can do better than that

53% of Democrats and 79% of Independents agree with me, but keep it up.    Believe whatever you want.  Trump and Brexit weren't an accident you know....a lot of people.   I guess we'll find out about the blue wave in a couple of weeks
53% of Democrats believe what?
That rush Limbaugh and the NYT are equals?

I already put up the link to the survey

53% of Democrats and 79% of Independents believe  "traditional major news sources report news they know to be fake, false, or purposely misleading,". 

People believe whatever they want. Rush is a liar and The NY Times prints lies. One does it sometimes, the other does it quite often. NYT lies almost exclusively to make Republicans look bad, the other lies almost exclusively to make Democrats look bad. I am as skeptical about anything Rush says about a Democrat as what the NYT says about a Republican. They both have an agenda

LeoMc

Quote from: Hardy on October 22, 2018, 02:23:15 PM
Quote from: Seamus on October 22, 2018, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: omochain on October 22, 2018, 07:09:57 AM
Quote from: Seamus on October 22, 2018, 02:45:29 AM
Quote from: omochain on October 17, 2018, 12:13:31 AM
Quote from: Seamus on October 15, 2018, 11:46:59 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 14, 2018, 07:35:34 PM
Quote from: Seamus on October 14, 2018, 07:22:13 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 10, 2018, 05:15:09 PM
The GOP think climate change is a Chinese hoax

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2018/oct/10/climate-change-what-will-happen-hellfire-california-forest-fires

I wonder what the lads in the Gaaboard 4 Chan think.

Fear mongering at it's very best, lets legally spray the skies, block off the dreaded sun and introduce a worldwide carbon tax along with greater control of the people.

The real cause of the Californian fires:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWvuPcurB6Q
What about the floods in Florida? Another Soros conspiracy ?

It's a small wonder that Soros has not won a Nobel Peace Prize already along with warmongers Kissinger and Obama and hoaxer Al Gore.
They would make ideal members of "The Party".

You need to get off those conspiracy sites and go for a long walk. . You could concentrate on something real like voter suppression.

When you get some time out from The Mockingbird Media try and have a listen to CIA whistleblower Kevin Shipp. The only item he is incorrect about is the Chinese Yuan becoming the reserved currency. China is in for a big fall which we will hear more of after the mid terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5NW9KcMt0

Seamus.. ordinarily I would not respond to a conspiracy theorist offering up a conspiracy theory to validate his conspiracy theory. However because I was born only a few miles from the place that St Malachi made his prophesies and I am a firm believer that the yellow man will one day water his horse in Lough Neagh, you just might be right about the big Chinese fall.

Haha, the lazy conspiracy theory labeling yet again from a useful idiot.  Are the official government fairytales on 911 and global warming, sorry climate change, etc not conspiracy theories? Sure they are. Therefore you are the conspiracy theorist, I am a conspiracy realist.

I wish there was a vaccine preventing susceptibility to lunatic conspiracy theories. But then .... ah forget it.
Ah now Hardy, he is funnier than Olly.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 03:00:34 PM

Rush is a liar and The NY Times prints lies.

yes, nuclear bombs give off radiation and so do the fluorescent hands on a watch
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on October 22, 2018, 04:37:55 PM

yes, nuclear bombs give off radiation and so do the fluorescent hands on a watch

Exactly.....lies coming from a "trusted" publication like the NYT are way more harmful than lies coming from a recognized crank such as Rush

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: heganboy on October 22, 2018, 04:37:55 PM

Exactly.....lies coming from a "trusted" publication like the NYT are way more harmful than lies coming from a recognized crank such as Rush
Tucker and the rest of the Fox crew feed the GOP echo chamber. There is a parallel reality in the red states and it isn't even vaguely sustainable, Whitey.

Denn Forever

I feel that the Dems may be having another Hilary moment and are sleep walking again.  Everyone love a tough leader.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whitey

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 22, 2018, 05:19:04 PM
I feel that the Dems may be having another Hilary moment and are sleep walking again.  Everyone love a tough leader.

I think they believe their own hype and actually think the vast majority of voters agree with them

The majority probably do (not vast majority) but the Republicans are the ones who seem more likely to vote.

If youre a minority how exactly did life improve for you under 8 years of Obama????

If youre a white independent conservative, your taxes have gone down, your 401k has gone up and your house has appreciated under two years of Trump

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 05:27:34 PM

I think they believe their own hype and actually think the vast majority of voters agree with them

The majority probably do (not vast majority) but the Republicans are the ones who seem more likely to vote.

If youre a minority how exactly did life improve for you under 8 years of Obama????

If youre a white independent conservative, your taxes have gone down, your 401k has gone up and your house has appreciated under two years of Trump
401k only counts the day you retire

The GOP cut taxes under Bush and Trump. Without them the budget would be balanced.
Deficits count when there is a crash. The US is like the late Roman Empire at this stage. The next crash will be brutal because the deficit will make it harder to borrow.

omochain

Obama did that for 8 years straight. But he's not white ....so it does not count.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on October 22, 2018, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2018, 05:27:34 PM

401k only counts the day you retire

The GOP cut taxes under Bush and Trump. Without them the budget would be balanced.
Deficits count when there is a crash. The US is like the late Roman Empire at this stage. The next crash will be brutal because the deficit will make it harder to borrow.

Don't disagree entirely

Everyone I know (in my business) is banking as much as they can right now.

(On another note I had lunch with a guy last week-his health insurance premiums will be $44k next year with a $10K deductible. He currently has 3 kids in college, pays close to $10k in property tax and has 5 vehicles on the road)

whitey

Quote from: omochain on October 22, 2018, 06:38:08 PM

Obama did that for 8 years straight. But he's not white ....so it does not count.

Nice attempt at playing the race card

I said a large slice of who the Dems rely on for votes saw no improvement in their situation under 8 years of Obama so may not be moivated to vote.

My taxes did not go down under Obama.

My 401k went up, but it has skyrocketed under Trump.

But believe whatever you want and continue viewing everything through the race lens.....it's worked out real well for you so far!

Gmac

How should the approaching caravan of 10/15k from Central America be dealt with ? Any thoughts

The Iceman

Quote from: Gmac on October 22, 2018, 08:45:23 PM
How should the approaching caravan of 10/15k from Central America be dealt with ? Any thoughts
I'd say the numbers are closer to 5K than 10K.
It's unreal the expectations other people have one america. If 1000 people landed into the docks at cork tomorrow demanding entry, the country would have a fit. At least if they weren't part of the popular minorities maybe....

There's nothing America can do. How do you stop them. It's the perfect storm at mid-term. You cna't shoot them, you cna't hurt or injure them. You can stop them, round them up, but where? And how do you detain them in perfect conditions that won't cause outcry? If you let them lose on the streets what do you think will happen - mayhem.... what a world we live in now where people are unwittingly being used as political bait on all sides
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 22, 2018, 08:45:23 PM

Let the CBP do their job. Process the asylum claims.

(Unless they're approaching like a battalion of marines, as Trump would have his supporters believe).