Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2014, 01:43:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 01:27:16 PM
Quote from: southdown on May 22, 2014, 01:22:11 PM
I have said it on here before, there is nothing to like about him.

Course, we know you hate him.

He'd have been a complete cnut had he married her and then divorced her soon after. Like millions of people who get into a relationship, some get married and some don't. Sending invitations means feck all, these things happen.

Live your life in the public eye will always bring problems, every dick gets to have their 10cents worth, as if they know these people personally.  ;D
Plus he would have had to give her a big pay off....
Maybe she wouldn't sign a prenup and he was advised against marrying her....
I agree with southdown also.

Rory would be entitled to her not so meagre riches too.

And yeah, to whoever said it. Nothing to like about McElroy except for, y'know, his once in a generation talent.

Lad gets an awful doing around here for not being a card-carrying republican.

ballinaman

He stole a bird off me in coppers a few years back....thought I had it in the bag and he came out of nowhere the curly haired little bollox.  >:(

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on May 22, 2014, 01:54:44 PM
He stole a bird off me in coppers a few years back....thought I had it in the bag and he came out of nowhere the curly haired little bollox.  >:(

Does the "I got 40 hoppers cut there last week" line actually work on the Copper clientele?

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2014, 01:58:59 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 22, 2014, 01:54:44 PM

Does the "I got 40 hoppers cut there last week" line actually work on the Copper clientele?
Ah sure listen, trade secrets. You'll get there someday, just have your game face on.
Mine is something like....I'm so gorgeous, they want to put me under arrest.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2014, 01:54:32 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2014, 01:43:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 01:27:16 PM
Quote from: southdown on May 22, 2014, 01:22:11 PM
I have said it on here before, there is nothing to like about him.

Course, we know you hate him.

He'd have been a complete cnut had he married her and then divorced her soon after. Like millions of people who get into a relationship, some get married and some don't. Sending invitations means feck all, these things happen.

Live your life in the public eye will always bring problems, every dick gets to have their 10cents worth, as if they know these people personally.  ;D
Plus he would have had to give her a big pay off....
Maybe she wouldn't sign a prenup and he was advised against marrying her....
I agree with southdown also.

Rory would be entitled to her not so meagre riches too.

And yeah, to whoever said it. Nothing to like about McElroy except for, y'know, his once in a generation talent.

Lad gets an awful doing around here for not being a card-carrying republican.
I feel sorry for him. All that attention and he's only 25 and while he's a great golfer he's still very young and hasn't much experience of the tricky world of the female of the species.
He would probably be better off taking a year off and finding out a bit more about what he wants.   Pro sport is a complete circus as well.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: southdown on May 22, 2014, 01:40:31 PM
Just my opinion Milltown, which I have held for some time based on his interviews on TV, public strops and generally how he comes across, long before this incident.  Looks like I've touched a nerve!

You must watch him a lot then, strange for someone who doesn't like him to watch a lot of his interviews. I personally don't know him other than his golf exploits which are very good considering the talent out there. No hissy fit at all either. But a lot of people base their ideas of someone on loaded interviews and sound bites which may or may not be correct. Sure it's easy to believe in what you read in the papers.

Oh and, I've been saying this a long time means what? We have a tendency to knock our own aping the English in that regard

Which Irish sporting greats do you hold in high regard? I'm sure most will have something in their closet which wouldn't sit with some.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EC Unique

Was in his company once on a night out about 5 years ago in Belfast. He is a friend of a friend sort of thing. Found him a sound lad. Totally different to what you see on the TV.

nrico2006

Unbelievable the attitude towards probably our best sportman, always the same.  Some dung spouted about him yet god forbid anybody even try and comment on incidents involving GAA players who have allegedly robbed houses, starred in videos of erotic nature or even caused the death of a relative.  I wouldn't like to see this thread if McIlroy actually did something wrong.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 02:33:37 PM
Just my opinion Milltown, which I have held for some time based on his interviews on TV, public strops and generally how he comes across, long before this incident.  Looks like I've touched a nerve!

You must watch him a lot then, strange for someone who doesn't like him to watch a lot of his interviews. I personally don't know him other than his golf exploits which are very good considering the talent out there. No hissy fit at all either. But a lot of people base their ideas of someone on loaded interviews and sound bites which may or may not be correct. Sure it's easy to believe in what you read in the papers.

Oh and, I've been saying this a long time means what? We have a tendency to knock our own aping the English in that regard

Which Irish sporting greats do you hold in high regard? I'm sure most will have something in their closet which wouldn't sit with some.

Surely the part in bold applies to those who have a good opinion of him too?  Or do you have to know him personally to be allowed to dislike him?

I assume that 'I've been saying this for a long time' is a reference to his decision on what team to represent/not represent at the olympics.  Some people seem to think that everyone who expresses a dislike for the guy does it solely on this issue.

Also, having a 'once in a lifetime talent' doesn't mean that you must like the lad... I give you Ronnie O'Sullivan/Phil Taylor/Floyd Mayweather/George Best/Tiger Woods... continue ad infinitum...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on May 22, 2014, 03:35:46 PM

Surely the part in bold applies to those who have a good opinion of him too?  Or do you have to know him personally to be allowed to dislike him?

I assume that 'I've been saying this for a long time' is a reference to his decision on what team to represent/not represent at the olympics.  Some people seem to think that everyone who expresses a dislike for the guy does it solely on this issue.

Also, having a 'once in a lifetime talent' doesn't mean that you must like the lad... I give you Ronnie O'Sullivan/Phil Taylor/Floyd Mayweather/George Best/Tiger Woods... continue ad infinitum...

Is that how you base your opinion on people? What you read in the papers?

My response wasn't for you.  I wouldn't say you're a dcik based on your musing here, there are areas that we might not see eye to eye on but I doubt very much that if we met that I'd have a problem or dislike you. But if I held on to the points you solely made that I didn't agree with then I'd be a fool to think you are a complete tool ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 03:43:43 PM

My response wasn't for you.  I wouldn't say you're a dcik based on your musing here, there are areas that we might not see eye to eye on but I doubt very much that if we met that I'd have a problem or dislike you. But if I held on to the points you solely made that I didn't agree with then I'd be a fool to think you are a complete tool ;)

So what do you base your opinion of him on?

Brick Tamlin

why would someone hate McIlroy so much say in comparison to the likes of Brian O'Driscoll.

Franko

I personally dont 'hate' the guy... I just dislike him.

I don't think he comes across as genuine at all in interviews, his walking off the course in a huff when he wasn't playing well last year and his twitter spat and comments towards Jay Townsend are a few reasons why.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on May 22, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

He is an extremely talented young fella who gives a lot of money away to charities and has done really well for himself, as for his interviews, I haven't seen/heard anything that would actually make me dislike the guy. Is he cocky and throw the odd strop? yeah most professional sports players do.

Living your life with a camera not too far away and dating someone as famous as him would (I'd imagine) drive you bonkers, living as he has done so far it has to be commended with how he's done that, relatively speaking. As someone has already said, he isn't a raging alcoholic, wife beater, racist, or show signs of being a bigot. Anyways I wish him well

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 04:18:03 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 22, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

He is an extremely talented young fella who gives a lot of money away to charities and has done really well for himself, as for his interviews, I haven't seen/heard anything that would actually make me dislike the guy. Is he cocky and throw the odd strop? yeah most professional sports players do.

Living your life with a camera not too far away and dating someone as famous as him would (I'd imagine) drive you bonkers, living as he has done so far it has to be commended with how he's done that, relatively speaking. As someone has already said, he isn't a raging alcoholic, wife beater, racist, or show signs of being a bigot. Anyways I wish him well

So stuff you see on TV and read in the papers then.  Grand so.