Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Laoisguy on September 14, 2017, 11:11:36 AM
Quote from: SCFC on September 14, 2017, 10:01:27 AM
Arles, Joseph's, Portlaoise, Killeen and Killeshin for me.
Port decimated with injuries - would have gone for them to beat Killeen but for that.

Who are injured for Port?
I've heard Eoin McCann, Colm Murphy, Stephen Lyons, Sean Byrne, Cathal Ryan and Dean Foster. Allegedly😊

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on September 14, 2017, 12:50:48 PM
Port decimated with injuries - would have gone for them to beat Killeen but for that.

I've heard Eoin McCann, Colm Murphy, Stephen Lyons, Sean Byrne, Cathal Ryan and Dean Foster. Allegedly😊
Bring back Hughie

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on September 14, 2017, 12:57:36 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 14, 2017, 12:50:48 PM

Bring back Hughie
anyone got eoin kearns number...

redsetanta

Relegation battle this evening between Arles and Mountmellick. You'd have to think that Arles would still be that bit better than a younger Mountmellick team. They should have enough to beat them but one off knock out games don't always go that way. Arles competed very well against Portlaoise and Killeshin but were very poor against Stradbally. I would still go with the Arles boys though!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Keyser Söze

Arles
St Josephs
Portlaoise
Portarlington
Ballylinan
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Very good win for Graiguecullen tonight in what was a typically nervous quarter final game. Graiguecullen were by far the better team in the first half but two softly conceded goals kept St. Joseph's in the game and they went in level at half time. It was a very defensive second half from both teams with Graiguecullen scoring 4 points and St. Joseph's scoring 3 points. Good tactical game and some good talent on view tonight.

Barry Brennan made a return to football after a long time away due to injury and made a bit of an impact but he looked a long way off the level needed at this stage of the championship. Graiguecullen just about deserved it due to the way they responded to the hammer blows of two very soft goals and a blistering effort for themselves that cannoned of the crossbar and was cleared away to safety. I have to mention the brilliant free taking of Ian Fleming under pressure slotting three points at vital stages of the game while at the other end Dan Dunne was very wayward in his efforts.

Not a great game but a very good win for Graiguecullen and one which will stand to them for the next challenge. Also a word of congratulations to Eddie Kinsella who allowed play to flow and was not afraid to make the big calls when needed.

Fleming points the winner as Graiguecullen into the last four
http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/09/15/20791/

Injury time heroics save Kilcruise and relegate Mountmellick
http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/09/15/injury-time-heroics-save-kilcruise-relegates-mountmellick/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

i enjoyed the game last night graigue were by far the better side just two silly goals kept joes in it really,,you could see the effect clancy has on them also they are playing a certain way which is hard to play against there first twenty mins was as good as i have seen all year,joes are still a very very good young side just scoring let them down 2-4 thats just 6 scores which wouldnt scare anyone really and graigue missed a sitter that rattled the crossbar,,looking forward to the games this evening

The PRO

Portlaoise, Port and Graigue into semi finals. Big urban areas. Just need them to start producing senior county players now.

redsetanta

Mountmellick relegated though.

GOt t ohand it to Kilcruise though they kept at it and got the break. Tough one for MM but they have something to aim for next year. Some decent players there!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

Fair play to Port, I thought each time Arles would beat them. 

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Semi Final Draw

Ballylinan v Portarlington
Portlaoise v Graiguecullen
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Gonna be a new finalist this year. Port and Ballylynan should be a good game. Big stakes.

Toomanygaels

Quote from: redsetanta on September 16, 2017, 08:05:08 PM
Mountmellick relegated though.

GOt t ohand it to Kilcruise though they kept at it and got the break. Tough one for MM but they have something to aim for next year. Some decent players there!

To be honest I am happy to see Arles beat Mountmellick. Mountmellick first option to improve is to become a gaels team and to bring players in from others club. Arles try there best to improve there own players. Mountmellick are Laois football in a nut shell. Instead of working to improve what you have they take the easy option of joining up with someone else.

Unison

Is it time now to end the rift in Arles and amalgamate the two clubs for one and for all?

Portarlington will win a championship soon. However, 2017 is probably too soon for them.

town1980

Port only took off when Kingston rightly got his red card,, ballylinan were full value for there win and I think they will win there semi,,, it's the end of the road for graigcullen cant see them getting near portlaoise been honest,, ballylinan might trouble them though