County Stars turning their hand to Acting

Started by Orior, May 10, 2020, 11:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Following on from Paul Mescal's success in Normal People, which ex-county star from your county would make a great actor? (Tyronies - no need to mention Philip Jordan)

1) Who would make a great actor?
2) Who would make an awful actor?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Armagh:
1) Who would make a great actor? Benny Tierney
2) Who would make an awful actor? Oisin McConville

Eamonnca1

Why do you think Oisin'd be a bad actor? I've seen him on TV in a documentary, he looks very comfortable in front of a camera, but I suppose acting is a different kettle of fish.

Orior

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 10, 2020, 11:25:05 PM
Why do you think Oisin'd be a bad actor? I've seen him on TV in a documentary, he looks very comfortable in front of a camera, but I suppose acting is a different kettle of fish.

I think you need to be able to show a range of emotions

imtommygunn

Shane McNaughton (former Antrim hurler) is on broadway and I think was Dornan's body double or something in the fall was it?

lenny

He's definitely got the voice to do the most boring priest from fr ted, he sounds just like him.

APM

Colm O'Rourke was always a great man for identifying thespian talent on the Sunday Game. He can take credit for finding:

Ciaran McKeever - running about there acting the hardman
Jason Ackermanis - running about there acting the pup
Pat Spillane - sitting there acting the bollix

armaghniac

Pat Spillane spotted Francie Bellew's potential as the granny in the panto and he has had some practice at the 2002 homecoming.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

Quote from: APM on May 11, 2020, 11:13:01 AM
Colm O'Rourke was always a great man for identifying thespian talent on the Sunday Game. He can take credit for finding:

Ciaran McKeever - running about there acting the hardman
Jason Ackermanis - running about there acting the pup
Pat Spillane - sitting there acting the bollix

;D ;D
Brilliant

tbrick18

Brolly would be a great panto Villain.

1) Who would make a great actor? Sean Cavanagh...he's been acting like a nice fella/man/genuine decent lad/like he was shot for years.  ;)
2) Who would make a awful actor? Tiernan McCann...who can forget the hair ruffle?

lurganblue

Cathal McCarron has done a bit of acting I believe.  Anyone seen it?  :o

I could see Francie Bellew going to Hollywood and doing the Vinnie Jones type roles.

Ambrose

Quote from: lurganblue on May 13, 2020, 11:38:49 AM
Cathal McCarron has done a bit of acting I believe.  Anyone seen it?  :o

Was he in Queer as Folk? Can't say I remember him, must have been a bit part.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Gold

Quote from: lenny on May 11, 2020, 10:03:11 AM

He's definitely got the voice to do the most boring priest from fr ted, he sounds just like him.

f**k he is hard to listen to. Could Imagine him telling his family and friends he won the euromillions in a voice id tell mine i was terminally ill
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 12, 2020, 12:13:54 PM
Brolly would be a great panto Villain.

1) Who would make a great actor? Sean Cavanagh...he's been acting like a nice fella/man/genuine decent lad/like he was shot for years.  ;)
2) Who would make a awful actor? Tiernan McCann...who can forget the hair ruffle?

Philly jordan 03 atrocious acting
Aidan o mahony
Was it McGuigan got hit by Greg McCartan throwing the ball?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gold on May 16, 2020, 01:44:21 AM
Was it McGuigan got hit by Greg McCartan throwing the ball?

I think the ball hit him at the same time as a sniper from the hill ffs.

Still can't believe the referee sent a man off for that.
i usse an speelchekor