Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on October 25, 2009, 07:20:42 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2009, 06:24:30 PM
Same again as midweek - pissing all over the opposition, relax and then bang. Fortunately Utd also lost and with Chelsea looking dodgy losing to Villa and Wigan and struggling v Stoke, this could be a close season. The pity of not wining today is that after beating Spuds on Saturday morning coming, the Goons would've been top for a few hours.
....but turned it around with a thumping win against Blackburn.... ::)

Nope, still big question marks over Chelsea away from home. Beating Blackburn 12-0 at home doesn't address that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2009, 07:31:26 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on October 25, 2009, 07:20:42 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2009, 06:24:30 PM
Same again as midweek - pissing all over the opposition, relax and then bang. Fortunately Utd also lost and with Chelsea looking dodgy losing to Villa and Wigan and struggling v Stoke, this could be a close season. The pity of not wining today is that after beating Spuds on Saturday morning coming, the Goons would've been top for a few hours.
....but turned it around with a thumping win against Blackburn.... ::)

Nope, still big question marks over Chelsea away from home. Beating Blackburn 12-0 at home doesn't address that.
That may be so but they still have the 2nd best(joint) away record behind Tottenham in the Premiership...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

Chelsea and United are still in pole position to win the unless Arsenal can learn to be consistent, (which, admittedly will not take too long) there'sa two team race for the title like the days of Mourinho and Avram....
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

ONeill

Liverpool: Cavalieri, Degen, Insua, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Plessis, Spearing, Babel, Kuyt, Voronin, Ngog. Subs: Reina, Aquilani, Benayoun, Darby, Dossena, Eccleston, Ayala.

ONeill

Arsenal: Fabianski, Gilbert, Senderos, Silvestre, Gibbs, Merida, Eastmond, Ramsey, Nasri, Bendtner, Eduardo Subs: Szczesny, Bartley, Coquelin, Frimpong, Randall, Sunu, Watt

ONeill

Some bench for Arsenal!! Who the feck are they?

And Eastmond???

ONeill

ONeill

Some beautiful football from the unknowns early on with little end product. I'd worry a little about Babel's pace.

ONeill

Nasri looks up for it. Bamboozles 3 Liverpool players on edge of box, hacked down and then hits a Mayo-esque free.

ONeill

Gibbs with a very shaky start. Babel has roasted him twice and caught out attacking once.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

What a goal. Some boy scored it.

ONeill

Amusing commentary as usual on the Guardian:

Kuyt, arriving late 15 yards out, gets his body into a very awkward position – he looked a Rik Mayall character dry-humping fresh air – and sidefoots a volley wide of the far post.

"The likes of creaky 32-year-old Silvestre and the ancient 26-year-old Eduardo have pushed the average age of the starting line-up up to a staggering 22.4 years. Wasn't last year's side full of 16-year-olds and random schoolchildren that happened to be hanging around the Emirates at the time?"

Arsenal are passing the ball round pretty well, although without Wilshere and Vela there is less excitement about the game. There's always Aaron Ramsey I suppose. Good old Aaron Ramsey.

Voronin charges down Fabianski's clearance, but the ball flies safely for a throw-in. Voronin, amusingly, had injured himself in the unusual act of doing something and will probably need to go off.

"I can't help suspecting you've made up the names on the Arsenal bench," says Hugh Barker. "Coquelin? Frimpong? Really??"

ONeill

Can't see Liverpool not scoring. Some dodgy Arsenal defending from Senderos.

ONeill

Oooh, that was even better from Liverpool. 2 cracking goals. 1-1.

Square Ball

Have to watch it on the stream, got thrown off the TV so the daughter can watch Twitchers 2
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid