Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Take that, much better 2nd half performance from Arsenal, Man U couldn't sustain that tempo and intensity and fairly fell off the pace not helped that when Arsenal passed they really moved Man U around...

Toure is back to his best, Arsenals best player tonight..

Diaby is he even related to a footballer, Ade's second touch was a tackle...

Rooney is wasted on the wing, Tevez great attitude...

All to play for 2nd leg, Gibbs no offence but Arsenal need Clichy back...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Need to win by 2 clear goals next week. I think Wenger will be happy enough. Could've been out of it after 30. If van p and clichy return it's game on. If not, that team won't do it. Gonna be a nervy night, unless utd score first.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Arsenal only had half a defense and half a midfield. Very lucky to get away only 1 - 0 down.

That 11 won't do it next week. Clichy is desperately needed.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Think RVP is still a doubt  :(

Nice to see Almunia back as well, proved to me, and I'm sure he was worried about that, that he's more than capable at this level and still Arsenal number 1...

Penalties could be on the horizon...

Btw he gets a lot of criticism on this board for some reason but John O'Shea was very very good tonight.....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

To be fair to Gibbs, he improved greatly in the second half and was getting to grips with the game. He weighed in with a few timely interceptions. I think his nerves were shot at the start of the game - understandable for a 19 yr old at Old Trafford facing Ronaldo Tevez and Rooney maurading all over the joint and a non-existent midfield for protection.

My hope is that Arsenal won't play that badly again and have some record at home in the CL. I think they're unbeaten in something like 24 home games. Goals are needed and hopefully he doesn't go 4-5-1 again. Hopefully Rio's out. Keeping a clean sheet is another matter. With Shrek, the crap Ronaldo, Dracula and Scarface about it'll be some task.

under the bar

QuoteToure is back to his best, Arsenals best player tonight..

I think Almunia might just have pipped him somehow...........

ONeill

Gaffer

Heading over for the second leg next week!
Job has been done tonight.
Glad to see Eduardo make an appearance so hopefully he ll be about next week when we need the goals.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Minder

Quote from: Gaffer on April 30, 2009, 12:56:34 AM
Heading over for the second leg next week!
Job has been done tonight.
Glad to see Eduardo make an appearance so hopefully he ll be about next week when we need the goals.

By United i take it you mean? Can you see Arsenal keeping Utd scoreless and if not scoring 3 goals? Why is Bendtner still a professional footballer?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyronefella

adebayor was rank last night. Great assit from silvestre for the first goal  ::)

Tommy Tight Lips

rodney trotter is in the same bracket as pascal cygan and igor stepanovs were before their departures,he needs to go.totally totally out of his depth!!

Doogie Browser

Arsenal have got to be happy with that result last night, it could have been a lot worse.  The problem which has has been well documented is preventing utd from scoring at the Emirates with a less than convincing defence.  All to play for now though.  Walcott really has potential to be top class, great pace and skill, with a bit more composure last night he could and should have had a one on one with VDS.

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

The GAA

Arsenal's lack of a ball winner in midfield really shows against top opposition. anderson, fletcher and carrick sliced through them last night until fabregas was pulled back to help out

hitzelsperger

Bad performance to say the least but there is no way we can play as bad next week!

Why oh why does AW continue to play Fab just off the front man..he clearly is needed in the centre to pull the strings! I hope to god RVP is back next week!

Rodney Trotter has to go.he has had his chances and clearly ain't good enough!

Next week we have to go for it big time which will be a nightmare with a defense leaky as fcuk :-[