Monaghan v Armagh Sat 22nd June Clones 7pm

Started by tonto1888, June 12, 2019, 07:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

James Morgan, nailed on!

We do concede rash frees, often in very scoreable positions.  I don't know how we compare stats wise to other sides but that's how it looks to me.  Game after game i see experienced players dive in and give a cheap free, rather than stand the opponent up, crowd them out etc.  The likes of Monaghan are just better/cuter than us in this respect imo. When you dive in on the back of a forward, what's the ref going to do?  The thing i find a bit odd is that McGeeney as a player knew a thing about good, disciplined tackling.  The players don't seem to have learnt much from him.
That's just, like your opinion man.

tonto1888

Quote from: Armamike on June 21, 2019, 04:44:50 PM
James Morgan, nailed on!

Got booked in the drawn game with Cavan. Did he get booked in the replay or the game against down

Brick Tamlin

Sorry i take it all back. Youre right. They havent experienced any 'training' of that ilk before. I made it all up.

Take your pick from the following for cards and you wont be far away.
I didnt say every game but whatever you think yourself.

James Morgan.
Greg McCabe.
Aaron McKay.
Charlie Vernon.
Aidan Forker.

Main Street

Regardless of Armagh's tackling liabilities, Monaghan will still have to get their mojo back to meet the challenge.

tonto1888

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 21, 2019, 04:52:53 PM
Sorry i take it all back. Youre right. They havent experienced any 'training' of that ilk before. I made it all up.

James Morgan.
Greg McCabe.
Aaron McKay.
Charlie Vernon.
Aidan Forker.

You're right. You didn't say every game but you did say in Armagh's games. Semantics. How often have these players been booked? And come on, you obviously think you know something about Armagh's training, why don't you just tell us where and when they do all this MMA training?

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on June 21, 2019, 05:21:39 PM
Regardless of Armagh's tackling liabilities, Monaghan will still have to get their mojo back to meet the challenge.

Sadly I don't think you will have too much trouble getting a win tomorrow.

Throw ball

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 21, 2019, 11:36:32 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 21, 2019, 11:27:33 AM
Explain how this macho bullshit, whatever that is, comes directly from the management team. No doubt we have a problem with our tackling but I stand by what I said having watched a lot of games the past few years

Pay no heed to Brick. That's the old Down head on him.

I've said it before that in my opinion referees - certainly the leading referees - in our County, try and let too much go, which means players can get into bad habits as regards tackling.

100%

Throw ball

James Morgan.
Greg McCabe.
Aaron McKay.
Charlie Vernon.
Aidan Forker.

Morgan and McCabe can be rash. McKay a bit less so. Forker discipline has improved a terrible lot the last while. Charlie Vernon !!!

Armagh18

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 21, 2019, 11:36:32 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 21, 2019, 11:27:33 AM
Explain how this macho bullshit, whatever that is, comes directly from the management team. No doubt we have a problem with our tackling but I stand by what I said having watched a lot of games the past few years

Pay no heed to Brick. That's the old Down head on him.

I've said it before that in my opinion referees - certainly the leading referees - in our County, try and let too much go, which means players can get into bad habits as regards tackling.
Sure how would that effect the lads on the county panel when would they ever play club football? ;D ;D

Hound

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 21, 2019, 04:50:17 PM
James Morgan, nailed on!

Got booked in the drawn game with Cavan. Did he get booked in the replay or the game against down
Personally, thought that booking was harsh, as were a couple of other frees. His reputation precedes him (although sounds like that's deserved!)

keeperlit

Quote from: Throw ball on June 21, 2019, 08:12:55 PM

James Morgan.
Greg McCabe.
Aaron McKay.
Charlie Vernon.
Aidan Forker.

Morgan and McCabe can be rash. McKay a bit less so. Forker discipline has improved a terrible lot the last while. Charlie Vernon !!!

Agreed, Forker's discipline has improved massively.Think Morgan will be ok tomorrow night regarding yellow cards. Charlie is a bit of a fouling machine but don't think it is anything to do with with MMA. But don't think we are any better or worse than a lot of other teams around our level.

tonto1888

Quote from: Hound on June 21, 2019, 10:10:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 21, 2019, 04:50:17 PM
James Morgan, nailed on!

Personally, thought that booking was harsh, as were a couple of other frees. His reputation precedes him (although sounds like that's deserved!)

I agree with you and it's what I was alluding to earlier. He can be over eager at times, not to mention silly, but he certainly seems to have a reputation

ardchieftain

I'm hearing that Morgan is injured. Not sure who else you could put on McManus if true. I really don't know how today will pan out. Hopefully Jamie Clarke is on fire again, it would be a huge shame if today ends up being his last game in an Armagh jersey.

tonto1888

Quote from: ardchieftain on June 22, 2019, 03:08:54 PM
I'm hearing that Morgan is injured. Not sure who else you could put on McManus if true. I really don't know how today will pan out. Hopefully Jamie Clarke is on fire again, it would be a huge shame if today ends up being his last game in an Armagh jersey.

Why would today be his last game in an Armagh jersey?

DrinkingHarp

Anyone have a radio link as I can't get it on BBC here in the states?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014