Monaghan v Armagh Sat 22nd June Clones 7pm

Started by tonto1888, June 12, 2019, 07:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

May as well get it started. McGeeneys last stand??

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 12, 2019, 07:20:02 AM
McGeeneys last stand??

I don't think so. Has there not already been noises that he will be there next year?

tonto1888

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 12, 2019, 07:37:24 AM
McGeeneys last stand??

I don't think so. Has there not already been noises that he will be there next year?

I know they talked about extending it before the Down game. I'm thinking more along the lines that me may call time on it himself

Cavan19

Armagh should not be one bit afraid of Monaghan.

From what i have seen off both teams Armagh are playing better but maybe haven't the belief/confidence to win a tight game.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 12, 2019, 08:06:14 AM
McGeeneys last stand??

I know they talked about extending it before the Down game. I'm thinking more along the lines that me may call time on it himself

Hard to see him walking away from the current squad and become the equivalent of the Two Brians for any incoming manager.

Owen Brannigan

Look-Up!

Hard to know how this will go. Armagh are a very good team but lack killer instinct and a lot of their key players are inexperienced. A year or two too early for them plus they're coming off the back of a disappointing defeat.
Monaghan have had a terrible year since they defeated the Dubs in opening round of the league but they're up and running and might kick on now they have Fermanagh accounted for. Still a bit laboured but they have the experience and quality and don't think they have become a bad team overnight.
I'd go for a Monaghan win but think it'll be tight enough. Think they'll be nervous enough though and if Armagh have the heads right I wouldn't bet against them.   

under the bar

May as well get it started. McGeeneys last stand??

Hopefully not! There'll be a wake in Tyrone the day oul' buck-bake stands down!  ;D

BennyCake

I can see this going to ET.

God forgive it will have to be resolved by each team breakdancing, or whatever the f**k they've come up with now for deciding a winner.

tyroneman

Quote from: Look-Up! on June 12, 2019, 09:49:56 AM
Hard to know how this will go. Armagh are a very good team but lack killer instinct and a lot of their key players are inexperienced. A year or two too early for them plus they're coming off the back of a disappointing defeat.
Monaghan have had a terrible year since they defeated the Dubs in opening round of the league but they're up and running and might kick on now they have Fermanagh accounted for. Still a bit laboured but they have the experience and quality and don't think they have become a bad team overnight.
I'd go for a Monaghan win but think it'll be tight enough. Think they'll be nervous enough though and if Armagh have the heads right I wouldn't bet against them.

Armagh are a very good team from MF-FF, they are a very average (at best) team in the HB and FB lines

Armamike

Monaghan have been consistently playing at a higher level than us.  If their injuries clear up they should have too much for Armagh unfortunately. We're not strong enough at the back or clinical enough with our chances.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Armamike on June 12, 2019, 03:18:29 PM
Monaghan have been consistently playing at a higher level than us.  If their injuries clear up they should have too much for Armagh unfortunately. We're not strong enough at the back or clinical enough with our chances.

Also giving away too many frees especially at a long range that Monaghan will pop over all day.

yellowcard

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 12, 2019, 09:04:23 AM
McGeeneys last stand??

Hard to see him walking away from the current squad and become the equivalent of the Two Brians for any incoming manager.

This Armagh squad are a mile off the team the 2 Brian's left behind. That team were AI contenders for 3 years before Joe stepped in whilst the current team are a good bit off even challenging for an Ulster title. Has McGeeney taken the team forward, well the jury would be out on that one. The county board would reappoint him in the morning and there is no chance he will walk away. The clubs on the other hand will be questioning the wisdom of reappointing a manager who has won one provincial match in 5 seasons and who have yo-yo'd up and down between div 2/3 and who has never shown any real interest in the club scene. I would say he has done a decent job overall given the talent available but a bit like like Liam Kearns in Tipperary, there comes a point where the players may need a fresh approach.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on June 12, 2019, 11:27:34 PM
McGeeneys last stand??

This Armagh squad are a mile off the team the 2 Brian's left behind. That team were AI contenders for 3 years before Joe stepped in whilst the current team are a good bit off even challenging for an Ulster title. Has McGeeney taken the team forward, well the jury would be out on that one. The county board would reappoint him in the morning and there is no chance he will walk away. The clubs on the other hand will be questioning the wisdom of reappointing a manager who has won one provincial match in 5 seasons and who have yo-yo'd up and down between div 2/3 and who has never shown any real interest in the club scene. I would say he has done a decent job overall given the talent available but a bit like like Liam Kearns in Tipperary, there comes a point where the players may need a fresh approach.

McGeeney did nothing for Armagh
Someone said that Cavan are further along the development curve
Jaysus .

He got enough time to develop the team

https://youtu.be/PVyS9JwtFoQ
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Over the Bar

McGeeneys last stand??

You've the house on Armagh winning the AI next year then?  Do you think the 2nd tier will be up and running that quickly?  ;D