Kildare
Westmeath
Longford
Offaly
Clare
Tipp
Sligo
Limerick

I think we will do well to survive this year.  Very poor fbd showing and with brehony, Kelly, Donovan, marren and Martyn out we could be in big trouble.  I would think Kildare and either Westmeath or Tipp would be favourites for promotion with ourselves Offaly and limerick fighting for survival.  Longford looking good early on but that could change.
Sometimes we do better when least expected so let's hope this is one of those years.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Dinny Breen

Kildare won't have a settled team, could lose points early on but I do expect us to get stronger as the league progresses.  10 points will go close for promotion.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Tipp will not be getting promoted from this division. This is in danger of being a bad year for Tipp. Stephen O'Brien going to the hurlers, and Colin O'Riordan going to Australia, along with the Clonmel lads being playing until the middle of February at least means Tipp will be very vulnerable early on. I could see them fighting relegation in this.

Offaly might be decent, Pat Flanagan seems to be a good league manager. You'd expect Kildare and Westmeath to go up, but I'd be hoping Offaly can put up a good show, and I just hope Tipp can put in good performances and defy the odds. Their depth will be tested though.

Croí na hÉireann

Oh Christ, we never do well when there's expectations. Am optimistic though and looking forward to trips to Sligo, Limerick and Ennis.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

Kildare and Westmeath to be promoted

Sligo and Limerick for the trapdoor.

mad tan

With no outstanding team any of the 8 could go up or indeed down. I think it will be tight and I hope it gets coverage in the national press and on tv. Most of those teams have been training since before Christmas and any little success they get is going to come in the league.

Syferus

Quote from: mad tan on January 25, 2016, 04:05:15 PM
With no outstanding team any of the 8 could go up or indeed down. I think it will be tight and I hope it gets coverage in the national press and on tv. Most of those teams have been training since before Christmas and any little success they get is going to come in the league.

Sligo aren't going up.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 25, 2016, 02:33:09 PM
Kildare won't have a settled team, could lose points early on but I do expect us to get stronger as the league progresses.  10 points will go close for promotion.

Pretty much this, if they can grind out a couple of wins early on I'd be confident enough of promotion with the team being boosted significantly post Sigerson.

I don't foresee any easy games at all.

giveballaghback

Best of luck to Sligo in div 3 and indeed to all Connacht teams in the league. The west awake.

ck

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 25, 2016, 01:18:44 PM
Kildare
Westmeath
Longford
Offaly
Clare
Tipp
Sligo
Limerick

I think we will do well to survive this year.  Very poor fbd showing and with brehony, Kelly, Donovan, marren and Martyn out we could be in big trouble.  I would think Kildare and either Westmeath or Tipp would be favourites for promotion with ourselves Offaly and limerick fighting for survival.  Longford looking good early on but that could change.
Sometimes we do better when least expected so let's hope this is one of those years.

Would have to share your pessimism. Sligo played St Pats teacher training college last weekend and we're lucky to draw. St Pats are probably the worst Sigerson team in the competition.

Syferus

Quote from: ck on January 25, 2016, 11:04:26 PM
Kildare
Westmeath
Longford
Offaly
Clare
Tipp
Sligo
Limerick

Would have to share your pessimism. Sligo played St Pats teacher training college last weekend and we're lucky to draw. St Pats are probably the worst Sigerson team in the competition.

Pats have a fantastic forward line though hopefully all of them were playing at the weekend. Great story to see Ciaran Kilkenny player-managing too. Tradition that the captain also manages. Skipped Dublin's team holiday to do it properly. Kilkenny is a really easy lad to like.

Unlaoised

Clare could shock a few in this division ...The lillywhites should finish Top if they have the stomach for the battle!
LAOIS ABÚ

ck

Quote from: Syferus on January 25, 2016, 11:08:14 PM
Quote from: ck on January 25, 2016, 11:04:26 PM
Kildare
Westmeath
Longford
Offaly
Clare
Tipp
Sligo
Limerick

Pats have a fantastic forward line though hopefully all of them were playing at the weekend. Great story to see Ciaran Kilkenny player-managing too. Tradition that the captain also manages. Skipped Dublin's team holiday to do it properly. Kilkenny is a really easy lad to like.

Ah yeah, did my heart good when I heard that. What a great tradition. It would fit colleges better to adopt similar approaches instead of throwing money at managers and players. Well done pats

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath V Kildare    --------------       Westmeath

Offaly V Longford         --------------       Draw

Limerick V Tipperary    --------------       Tipperary

Clare V Sligo               --------------       Clare
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tippabu

Very strange one for us this year, we are down at least 11 players from last year, of that id have probably 8 or so who would have been starters. 2 injured, 2 just not playing anymore, 2 to hurling, 1 to aussie rules and 4 clonmel lads with the club. Our first two games are the easier looking ones on paper, whether its an advantage playing them with so many missing or a disadvantage we'll see, get 4 points and we should be safe from relegation, do poor in these games and we'll struggle to stay up. Honestly dont know what to expect this year, truely believe we could promoted or relegated. Division is wide open this year.