Official Laois Thread 2007

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 06:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Well Laois heads is there any new talent thats gonna take us to the next step?
I've heard about a fella called Ramsbottom who plays for Round Towers in Dublin suppose to be good
Any others?

Bud Wiser

There was a junior team in Timahoe one time and there were fifteen Ramsbottom's on it !
John Ramsbottom owns teh Park Inn in Harolds Cross, I wonder if it is the son.?

laoislad

Not sure just heard my Da talking about him over christmas.There was about a dozen Ramsbottoms in Heywood C.S when i was there too!!!

lynchbhoy

I thought the ramsbottom playing for Towers was yer man Greg ramsbottom and had just transferred up to towers ( for a few shekels) like Mick Lawlor did a few years ago....

I'm prob wrong

Josey Whales

actually i think you're correct - along with Tomkelly who played with towers for a year.

laoislad

Yeah ye are right.. From what i can make out Micko didn't fancy him for some reason, looks like Kearns is gonna give him a chance though

youbetterbelieveit

ah greg, is a fine footballer, although he is probably in his late 20's now. he is originally from strabally. played ball with him in college.

laoislad

wonder will we see any new faces for game against Kildare on sunday?

mannix

You will definetly need fresh blood, last years crop are not up to it now or ever.

The PRO

It's Greg alright. Minor in 1995. Ex Park/Ratheniska and Stradbally, now with Round Towers in Clondalkin. OK player but hardly going to revolutionise Laois football.
As for your comment Mannix, piss right off. "Last year's crop" wouldn't have made a show of themselves in the All-Ireland final anyway. Mayo got it up their hole to beat them by 2 after a replay so don't underestimate them.

dodo

Quote from: The PRO on January 05, 2007, 03:02:10 PM
"Last year's crop" wouldn't have made a show of themselves in the All-Ireland final anyway.

Laois wouldn't of made a show of themselves in AI final and that's for sure.
They save such performances for Leinster semi-final drubbing against Dublin. (3-17 vs 0-12)

Now explain to me how Laois would of coped against Kerry.  :-[ for you !

Heshs Umpire

The Laois-Dublin game you refer to wasn't over after 5 minutes anyway.
Whoever mannix is was a bit dismissive of Laois who have improved no end in recent years. There's not much wrong with the current Laois team and we don't need assholes coming on and running them down like that.

Quote from: dodo on January 05, 2007, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: The PRO on January 05, 2007, 03:02:10 PM
"Last year's crop" wouldn't have made a show of themselves in the All-Ireland final anyway.

Laois wouldn't of made a show of themselves in AI final and that's for sure.
They save such performances for Leinster semi-final drubbing against Dublin. (3-17 vs 0-12)

Now explain to me how Laois would of coped against Kerry. :-[ for you !
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

laoislad

Dublin game was a freak and remember Longford should have beaten the Dubs..You can't judge Laois's perfomance against Dublin as the full measure of the teams ability,what about the games against Tyrone,Meath,Offaly and Mayo? Laois are top 5 in the country and with the hype of Micko gone i  think we are dark horses next year

youbetterbelieveit

laoislad, any word on Donal Millar and Mick Brennan, are they anywhere near the county scene?

laoislad

You mean Barry Brennan? Yeah Barry is back alright haven't heard anything bout Miller will know more after game on sunday