Quote from: AZOffaly on November 22, 2017, 04:14:58 PM
Should we put 3 or 7?

That shouldn't be in question!!

7 of course.

And bring back the white and gold sleeves from circa.97-00
We won an All-Ireland in Hurling 98.
Leinster Football 97.
NFL Division 1 98.

We should bring back the black numbers while we're at it.

Were ye not in Div 4 in 97 when ye went on to win the Leinster?

We were Div 4 in 06

We beat Derry in 98 NFL Div 1 final

BennyHarp

Stars on a jersey or not would not really bother me either way. I do know that I'm exceptionally proud that Tyrone have won 3 all Irelands though. Its very much a Irish begrudgery thing whereby we shouldn't be proud of our own achievements because somebody else has been more successful. Its all relative and if Tyrone never win another all Ireland i'll still be happy that I was alive to experience three, regardless of how many more Dublin and Kerry go on to win. So with regards to the 3 stars on the jersey being "sad" because people have more titles than us - meh, who cares!
That was never a square ball!!

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 23, 2017, 09:38:34 AM
Quote from: LooseCannon on November 22, 2017, 07:28:09 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on November 22, 2017, 07:16:57 PM
Should we put 3 or 7?

7 of course.

Leinster Football 97.
NFL Division 1 98.

Correct. Then they had an open draw for the four 97-98 league divisions with a plan to re-align back to tiered divisions again the year after.
Offaly got landed in a group of death with Kerry, Dublin, Monaghan, Tyrone, Sligo, Cavan and Wexford. Offaly won all the games bar a draw with Sligo on the way to the league title.

As with all best laid plans...the problem became that Kerry finished 5th in this Division, therefore were scheduled to begin the next league campaign in Division 3. So a compromise was needed and they created the 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B divisional set up, meaning Kerry were only one promotion from the top flight instead of two.

Kerry breezed through the next league campaign to get back to the top flight, which including an almighty battering of the Kilkenny footballers.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 23, 2017, 04:03:20 PM
Stars on a jersey or not would not really bother me either way. I do know that I'm exceptionally proud that Tyrone have won 3 all Irelands though. Its very much a Irish begrudgery thing whereby we shouldn't be proud of our own achievements because somebody else has been more successful. Its all relative and if Tyrone never win another all Ireland i'll still be happy that I was alive to experience three, regardless of how many more Dublin and Kerry go on to win. So with regards to the 3 stars on the jersey being "sad" because people have more titles than us - meh, who cares!

You obviously care Benny  ;D ;D ;D ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 23, 2017, 04:27:59 PM

I don't care if the stars are on the jersey. I do care that the poor Derry wans are up in arms about it. We shouldn't really rub it in..... its not fair!  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 23, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 23, 2017, 04:27:59 PM

I don't care if the stars are on the jersey. I do care that the poor Derry wans are up in arms about it. We shouldn't really rub it in..... its not fair!  ;)

LOL Bravo Brendan. Bravo. :D

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 23, 2017, 04:22:40 PM
Should we put 3 or 7?

7 of course.

Leinster Football 97.
NFL Division 1 98.

Correct. Then they had an open draw for the four 97-98 league divisions with a plan to re-align back to tiered divisions again the year after.
Offaly got landed in a group of death with Kerry, Dublin, Monaghan, Tyrone, Sligo, Cavan and Wexford. Offaly won all the games bar a draw with Sligo on the way to the league title.

As with all best laid plans...the problem became that Kerry finished 5th in this Division, therefore were scheduled to begin the next league campaign in Division 3. So a compromise was needed and they created the 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B divisional set up, meaning Kerry were only one promotion from the top flight instead of two.

Kerry breezed through the next league campaign to get back to the top flight, which including an almighty battering of the Kilkenny footballers.

Which nicely explains how ye went from winning Div 4 to winning Div 1 in 2 years. Forgot about those groups for the year, what numpty came up with that idea?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

LooseCannon

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 24, 2017, 03:00:50 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 23, 2017, 04:22:40 PM
Should we put 3 or 7?

7 of course.

Leinster Football 97.
NFL Division 1 98.

Which nicely explains how ye went from winning Div 4 to winning Div 1 in 2 years. Forgot about those groups for the year, what numpty came up with that idea?

You're only a bitter fear Iarmhí.

Scoring Zone

O'Neills design team process - look at what Adidas are doing, copy it, apply Adidas style to Kerry and tyrone, mention Paul Galvin, add ridiculous margin, get Joe.ie to say it looks CLASS - watch the money come in over xmas. Sad stuff

Syferus

Apart from the three stripes there's almost nothing Adidas about the jersies. If they fixed the sizing it'd matter a lot to me than the price. You can get player fit jerseies but the rest of their range doesn't have that luxury.

OgraAnDun

The new Down jersey will be revealed in O'Neills in Newry tomorrow at 10 in the morning. Complete with five stars on the collar with 60, 61, 68, 91 and 94 written inside them.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 01, 2017, 07:53:39 PM
The new Down jersey will be revealed in O'Neills in Newry tomorrow at 10 in the mourning. Complete with five stars on the collar with 60, 61, 68, 91 and 94 written inside them.

Handy for those who struggle with the whole history thing after a few pints!  ;) ;D

J70

New Donegal one... not sure if I like this. Might be better with the full kit.

general_lee

Awful jersey. Donegal had a lovely jersey - the first O'Neills one after they won the All Ireland - the one after wasn't as nice and this one to me is awful looking.