Connacht Club Championships 2017 - Senior/Intermediate/Junior Football & Hurling

Started by revsperminute, September 29, 2017, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Syferus on November 12, 2017, 10:32:38 PM
Quote from: galwayman on November 12, 2017, 10:13:53 PM
Corofin Mitchels is a tough one to call.
Corofin imo are definitely not at the level they were when winning the AI in 2015.
They're still obviously a strong side at the same time.
But don't have the same squad depth/quality as before & the standard of underage player coming through wouldn't be as high as it was in the recent past.
I would doubt either of them would have an All Ireland in them.

Whoever wins Connacht has to fancy their chances against a Dublin-less Leinster. Certainly wouldn't be saying their isn't an AI in them, because honestly there's one in either of the finalists.

I would be very surprised if the Leinster champions beat the Connacht champions.

Cunny Funt

Sligo's Marty Duffy is to take charge of this year's Connacht Senior Club Championship final.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on November 16, 2017, 11:01:07 AM
They must want Castlebar to win it  ::)

They definitely don't want football to win.

Duffy is nearly sure to stain what would otherwise be quite an entertaining tie.

whitey

I saw that  Eamonn O Hara claimed the referee favored Castlebar in their recent encounter. Funny I talked to other people who were at the game who said the exact opposite

Mano

Quote from: whitey on November 16, 2017, 01:58:54 PM
I saw that  Eamonn O Hara claimed the referee favored Castlebar in their recent encounter. Funny I talked to other people who were at the game who said the exact opposite

Was at the game and i thought it was refereed fairly well. There was a few decisions to either side that were questionable. Castlebar got away with some cynical fouling, dragging support players down (which i think is what he was referring to) but that apart ref did ok.

magpie seanie

Owenmoresider

sligoman2

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 17, 2017, 12:09:36 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 17, 2017, 12:06:34 PM
Good luck to Ballymote in the junior final.
*Grits teeth* Yeah good luck to them alright.

Hoping Ballymote can get the business done.  For Sligo to be successful we need more players from towns like Ballymote, Collooney, Ballisadare, Grange, Enniscrone, Coolaney,, Easkey, Rosses point etc...

Who was the last county senior player from each of these towns with the exception of Ewing?
Big win for Summerhill yesterday..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

The Ballymote lads were banned from the niteclub in Ballagh back in the day for being too.. rowdy shall we say. Might explain why they're not producing many IC stars.

Farrandeelin

May as well wish Lahardane all the best in the Junior final. Hope they do it and there'll be celebrations the other southerly side of Lough Conn.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on November 17, 2017, 12:52:30 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 17, 2017, 12:09:36 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 17, 2017, 12:06:34 PM
Good luck to Ballymote in the junior final.
*Grits teeth* Yeah good luck to them alright.

Hoping Ballymote can get the business done.  For Sligo to be successful we need more players from towns like Ballymote, Collooney, Ballisadare, Grange, Enniscrone, Coolaney,, Easkey, Rosses point etc...

Who was the last county senior player from each of these towns with the exception of Ewing?
Big win for Summerhill yesterday..

Noel Maguire though not exactly sure where in Easkey he's from. Mark Quinn is Cliffoney I think. Certainly haven't been many now that you mention it.

sligoman2

Half time Ballymote up by 4 .  2-2 to 0-4

Hopefully they can hold on, this would be a great boost for Ballymote and the county..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

Well done Glaveys👍
Syfīn might start drinking in Ballinlough tonight....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrhardyannual

Lahardane are Connacht Junior champions. Not bad for a team unmentioned as contenders for the Mayo Junior title at the start of the championship. Hats off to John Maughan who continues to do well with all bar the unmanageable. 8) 8) 8)