Connacht Club Championships 2017 - Senior/Intermediate/Junior Football & Hurling

Started by revsperminute, September 29, 2017, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoBuck

Am I right in saying Castlebar Mitchels will be away from home in the Connacht final no matter who wins this?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mrhardyannual on November 12, 2017, 03:37:38 PM
All genuine frees. Lads wrap forwards up, pulling and hitting from both sides and expect the ref to penalise over-carrying. If he wanted he could bring the ball forward for most frees as Corofin are constantly within 10m of the kicker. He got the calls right and McGrath is lucky to be there still.

Apart from the last vital free which was clearly never a free. There was at least one other dubious one where the Bridget's player was just held up. The rest I'd say were fair enough.

whitey

Quote from: MayoBuck on November 12, 2017, 03:38:27 PM
Am I right in saying Castlebar Mitchels will be away from home in the Connacht final no matter who wins this?
[/quote

MWR said if it was Bridgets, it would be in McHale Park

mrhardyannual

Corofin advantage at ht in ET. Have Brigids another kick #Rossieforaday

Blowitupref

Corofin lead 1-15 1-14 at half time in extra time. great game credit to both sides.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on November 12, 2017, 03:34:07 PM
Ref was shocking but over the game favored corofin. Last free was soft And really nearly every free it was a guess which way he would give it. He let Molloy away with alate hit but booked Kilbride for something similar. Corofin scoredfrom a clear throw ball and gave a free out when Brigids had cornor back pinned on the end line. Very inconsistent.

I assume the one you're moaning about him booking Kilbride is for the one where he pulled play back when Corofin had an overload of players running on to book him? He clearly favoured Brigids, heavily. He gave them soft free after soft free in scoring areas all second half long, the Brigids no 15 got a free for throwing himself to ground on at least three or four occasions.

It was a very biased display in favour of Brigids, to say it wasn't is strange, to portray the other way is insane.

GalwayBayBoy

Great goal from the hurling All-Star full-back. Very good game in fairness. Wouldn't say it's over yet either.

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 12, 2017, 03:54:13 PM
Great goal from the hurling All-Star full-back. Very good game in fairness. Wouldn't say it's over yet either.
Lucky enough goal a point effort off the post he reacted better than napping Brigids defence.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Quote from: MayoBuck on November 12, 2017, 03:38:27 PM
Corofin played Castlebar in Castlebar last year.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2017, 03:53:36 PM
Ref was shocking but over the game favored corofin. Last free was soft And really nearly every free it was a guess which way he would give it. He let Molloy away with alate hit but booked Kilbride for something similar. Corofin scoredfrom a clear throw ball and gave a free out when Brigids had cornor back pinned on the end line. Very inconsistent.

I assume the one you're moaning about him booking Kilbride is for the one where he pulled play back when Corofin had an overload of players running on to book him? He clearly favoured Brigids, heavily. He gave them soft free after soft free in scoring areas all second half long, the Brigids no 15 got a free for throwing himself to ground on at least three or four occasions.

It was a very biased display in favour of Brigids, to say it wasn't is strange, to portray the other way is insane.

From someone who said they'd win by 8. If you don't mind I'll ignore your rubbish. Not saying Kilbride didn't deserve yellow if you can read my post again. Molloy however did also. You re one ignorant buck.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on November 12, 2017, 04:01:05 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2017, 03:53:36 PM

From someone who said they'd win by 8. If you don't mind I'll ignore your rubbish. Not saying Kilbride didn't deserve yellow if you can read my post again. Molloy however did also. Your one ignorant buck.

I won't ignore your rubbish. If you want to ignore the referee pulling back a situation where there was a potential goal chance on so he can issue a yellow card for a black card offence then fair enough but I think it says a lot about the level of bias you bring.

Blowitupref

FT AET. Corofin 2-15 St Brigids 1-14. Best side on the day won but Brigids more than played their part in an excellent game.

GalwayBayBoy

Great entertainment. Don't think either side are quite as good as they were a few years back. Not at Crokes/Slaughtneil level anyway.