Connacht Club Championships 2017 - Senior/Intermediate/Junior Football & Hurling

Started by revsperminute, September 29, 2017, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Ballymote beat Kilglass by 9 so will meet Lahardane in the Junior final. A rare final appearance for a Sligo club.

Elsewhere Tooreen won the intermediate hurling final, that the first time a non-Galway team has won it?

maigheo

Glaveys 0.19. Moy Davitts 1.15 into injury time and Davitts down to 14 men

maigheo

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Amazing game in McHale. Glaveys showed great resolve to dig the game out when they got hit with the goal in the second half and Davitts took control. Andy Glennon and Cathal Heneghan were absolutely excellent for Glaveys, while Brian Reape was almost as good at the other end.

Incredible achievement for Tooreen. First time since 1988 a non-Galway side has won a Connacht Inter or the old Senior hurling title. I can only imagine what today will mean to the hurling community in Tooreen. Really special.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 05, 2017, 03:37:05 PM
Ballymote beat Kilglass by 9 so will meet Lahardane in the Junior final. A rare final appearance for a Sligo club.

Elsewhere Tooreen won the intermediate hurling final, that the first time a non-Galway team has won it?
Yes, I think that's accurate in relation to the intermediate hurling.  In fairness, Mayo clubs have come close on a few occasions in the past few years and looks like this was a well deserved win for Tooreen.

Cunny Funt

Andy Glennon for Glaveys would surely be a better option at full forward for Kevin McStay than trying to make full forwards out of midfielders or half forwards?

Syferus

Can anyone explain how St Johns managed to lose to a Claregalway team that had only played a county final yesterday?

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 05, 2017, 08:04:06 PM
Andy Glennon for Glaveys would surely be a better option at full forward for Kevin McStay than trying to make full forwards out of midfielders or half forwards?
Rumours he's been invited back and has accepted.
He dropped out last year after scoring something  like 3-2 in his first game.
I believe he couldn't then commit to the training schedule required .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 04, 2017, 03:08:49 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on November 04, 2017, 08:42:22 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 04, 2017, 06:28:22 AM
Brigids will more than likely beat Balla in the final. Annagh Rivers more than likely will be the best hope of a Mayo winner next Friday. What are Tulsk like?
Maybe they will but what are you basing a Brigids win on?
He is probably basing it on beating Galway opposition who have been the best at Connacht minor level the last few years.

Knockmore minors played both in the summer. Brigids were a step above all opposition we faced. I was surprised Balla  beat Westport in the final as they have been the best in that age group all along the way.  Hope they can surprise me again and bring a title back to Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on November 05, 2017, 09:39:58 PM

If Andy can commit for the full year he has the potential to be every bit as important an addition as any of Cregger and the Dalys returning. Your cool clean hero seems to be playing his cards well so far this off-season..

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 05, 2017, 03:37:05 PM

At least it proves the restructuring has made our clubs competitive at intermediate and junior. Was nuts some years with so many in senior and intermediate. Big opportunity missed by St John's. I'd say there are some tired Claregalway lads. They seem to be a club on the rise in Galway.

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on November 05, 2017, 08:51:11 PM
Can anyone explain how St Johns managed to lose to a Claregalway team that had only played a county final yesterday?
Very surprised at that result.
Good win for Glaveys as well.
I saw Glennon playing for GMIT a few times and he looked good.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on November 05, 2017, 10:04:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 05, 2017, 09:39:58 PM

If Andy can commit for the full year he has the potential to be every bit as important an addition as any of Cregger and the Dalys returning. Your cool clean hero seems to be playing his cards well so far this off-season..
Not a foot wrong so far and he's even given you the chance to use the Cregger  word again