Connacht Club Championships 2017 - Senior/Intermediate/Junior Football & Hurling

Started by revsperminute, September 29, 2017, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 27, 2017, 10:28:52 PM
Castlebar's team this year is very young. They've had a big turnover of players in the last 18 months. Barry Moran is the oldest at 31 but apart from that I don't think there's anyone over 27/28. Johnny Maughan would be the youngest at 19.

They did find it much more difficult to win the county this year, so it remains to be seen if they've dropped in standard.

My understanding is that there was a big turnover in Mitchel's personnell

When they won a few years ago they Had Cunniffe, the Feeney brothers, Kevin Filan and a few others too whod been around a long time

MayoBuck

Moy Davitts won the Mayo Intermediate tonight. Scored 1-1 right at the death to snatch it off Kiltimagh. Hard to know how they'll go in Connacht next weekend. Brian Reape picked up an injury in the 2nd half and I'm sure they'll be enjoying the celebrations over the next few days!

Rossfan

I suspect winning the County Inter means an awful lot more to them than next week's game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 28, 2017, 10:55:20 PM
Moy Davitts won the Mayo Intermediate tonight. Scored 1-1 right at the death to snatch it off Kiltimagh. Hard to know how they'll go in Connacht next weekend. Brian Reape picked up an injury in the 2nd half and I'm sure they'll be enjoying the celebrations over the next few days!

I doubt they'll even be a Galway representative in Connacht intermediate this year. The Aran/Williamstown saga is going to Connacht council now. Claregalway still waiting in the final.

revsperminute

Roscommon SF Champions
St. Brigid's

Roscommon SH Champions
Padraig Pearses

Roscommon IF Champions
Michael Glaveys

Roscommon JF Champions
St Brigid's
(Kilglass Gaels will represent Roscommon in the Connacht Championship at Junior Level)

Galway SF Champions
Corofin

Galway SHC Semi Final
Craughwell v Gort
Cappataggle v Liam Mellows

Galway IFC Final
Williamstown v Claregalway (Provisional, Objection to Williamstown Player, Still up in a heap)

Galway IH Champions
Ballinderreen

Galway JF Champions
St. Gabriels

Galway JH Champions
Sylane

Leitrim SF Champions
Mohill

Leitrim SH Champions
Carrick

Leitrim IF Champions
Aughnasheelin

Leitrim JF Champions
Sean O'Heslin's
(Irrelevant re Connacht as there's no exclusive Junior A team)

Sligo SF Champions
Tourlestrane

Sligo SH Champions
Calry/St Joseph's

Sligo IF Champions
St John's

Sligo JF Champions
Ballymote

Mayo SF Champions
Castlebar

Mayo SH Champions
Tooreen

Mayo IF Champions
Moy Davitts

Mayo JF Champions
Lahardane

Draws for Connacht Football Club Championship

Senior Championship Quarter Final 4th November
Mohill (Leitrim) v Castlebar (Mayo)

Senior Championship Semi Final 12th November
St. Bridgets (Roscommon) v Corofin (Galway)
Quarter Final Winner v Tourlestrane (Sligo)

Senior Championship Final 26th November

Intermediate Championship Quarter Final 22th October
Aughnasheelin (Leitrim) 0-03 St. Johns (Sligo) 3-12

Intermediate Championship Semi Final 5th November
Michael Glaveys (Roscommon) v Moy Davitts (Mayo)
St. Johns (Sligo) v Galway Champions

Intermediate Championship Final 19th November

Junior Championship Quarter Final 22th October
Lahardane a bye
NO Leitrim representative as no Junior Club

Junior Championship Semi Final 5th November
Ballymote (Sligo)v Kilglass Gaels (Roscommon)
Lahardane (Mayo) v St. Gabriels (Galway)

Junior Championship Final 19th November

Draws for Connacht Hurling Club Championship

Intermediate Championship Semi Final 30th October
Toureen (Mayo) 1-21 Padraig Pearses (Roscommon) 1-11

Intermediate Championship Final 5th November
Toureen (Mayo) v Ballinderreen (Galway)

Junior Championship Semi Final 30th October
Calry/St Joseph's (Sligo) 4-13 Carrick (Leitrim) 0-06

Intermediate Championship Final 4th November
Calry/St Joseph's (Sligo) v Sylane (Galway Champions)

Duine Eile

Quote from: revsperminute on October 31, 2017, 10:45:13 AM

Galway IFC Final
Williamstown v Claregalway (Provisional, Objection to Williamstown Player, Still up in a heap)

Aran's appeal to the Connacht council was thrown out so the county final is going ahead on Saturday at 1pm with the winners having to make the trip to Sligo the next day, hardly ideal preparation but that's Galway GAA for you. This championship was started back in May and has dragged on until now. Maybe if all club action wasn't completely suspended for most of the summer these lads wouldn't be going to America and these appeals wouldn't happen.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 31, 2017, 01:29:34 PM

Galway IFC Final

Aran's appeal to the Connacht council was thrown out so the county final is going ahead on Saturday at 1pm with the winners having to make the trip to Sligo the next day, hardly ideal preparation but that's Galway GAA for you. This championship was started back in May and has dragged on until now. Maybe if all club action wasn't completely suspended for most of the summer these lads wouldn't be going to America and these appeals wouldn't happen.

The young lads would still go. Clubs need to be more careful in who they play. Others getting away with it for years isn't a great defence if someone challenges you.

galwayman

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 01, 2017, 08:27:52 AM

Galway IFC Final

The young lads would still go. Clubs need to be more careful in who they play. Others getting away with it for years isn't a great defence if someone challenges you.
I think there are still avenues that Aran can go down yet so I wouldn't be fully confident of that game going ahead.
Not 100% sure why they have left it until Saturday to play it.
I think Claregalway minors are playing in Connacht club on Friday night (they won the minor A this year for the first time ever) and they would have a few involved with the inters also so maybe that's the reason I'm not quite sure.

rosnarun

Galway IFC Final

the objection I  time honoured part OF the GAA going back to the Very Formation of the Asssociation
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Duine Eile

Quote from: galwayman on November 01, 2017, 09:41:32 AM

Galway IFC Final

I think there are still avenues that Aran can go down yet so I wouldn't be fully confident of that game going ahead.
Not 100% sure why they have left it until Saturday to play it.
I think Claregalway minors are playing in Connacht club on Friday night (they won the minor A this year for the first time ever) and they would have a few involved with the inters also so maybe that's the reason I'm not quite sure.

Then that's their decision, they're only young once and good luck to them. If there was championship games during the summer you can be sure the number of lads going would drop, in Galway anyway. Last summer about 6 lads from Corofin went and didn't miss one game, madness!

Re the game being on Saturday I think time had to be left for Aran to go to the DRA and then claregalway requested it be played on Saturday because of the minor match on Friday evening. It had originally been fixed for tonight under lights in Ballinasloe but that was changed again shortly after being announced which makes me wonder if Aran had made their intentions to bring their appeal further known.

Cunny Funt

Connacht Minor (U18) football semi finals was played in the COE in Bekan tonight.

Minor A
Balla (Mayo) 2-9 Eastern Harps (Sligo) 2-6
St Brigids (Roscommon) 0-11 Claregalway (Galway) 0-8

Minor B
Annagh Rovers (Mayo) 0-20 Collanney/Mullinabreena (Sligo) 0-6
Tulsk (Roscommon) 1-17 Oranmore-Maree (Galway) 1-11

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Brigids will more than likely beat Balla in the final. Annagh Rivers more than likely will be the best hope of a Mayo winner next Friday. What are Tulsk like?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

PW Nally

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 04, 2017, 06:28:22 AM
Brigids will more than likely beat Balla in the final. Annagh Rivers more than likely will be the best hope of a Mayo winner next Friday. What are Tulsk like?
Maybe they will but what are you basing a Brigids win on?

GaillimhIarthair

Where are Annagh Rovers from in Mayo? I assume they are an underage amalgamation that don't follow through to adult football?