Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Milltown when will youse ever have a full team out? Football will always take precedence, especially as i would imagine youse will do well in the football championship this year. I think most team will be training 3 nights a week at the minute in run up to championship, we have been training 3 times a week for a couple of weeks now. The problem will not be your boys fitness levels, it will probably be the sharpness that plenty of ballwork brings. Anyway roll on championship !

Mhic Easmuint

North Antrim Residential Summer Hurling Camp
Details in Attachment

slow corner back

Any word of a starting 15 for the Galway match?

slow corner back

Well beaten down in Galway today, no great surprise. score 2-30 to 1-8 not sure if that is the final score but it hardly matters

Ruairi Og exile

2-31 to 1-9. brutal. I expected 10-15 point defeat but not 25 points. antrim lead 1-5 to 1-4 at one stage according to Aertel..must have pissed them off.

Square Ball

they were 0-0 to 1-2 up at the start, so it was 33 scores to 7 after that
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ruairi Og exile

Just heard Pinky got sent off after 15 mins for deliberate striking.At that stage Antrim were 8-1 up........& then off the wheels fell off

Saffron exile

Was at the game. very disappointing after an excellent start 1-04 to 0-1 after 20 mins. Then after Galway's goal  to make it 1-4 to 1-3 a schmozzle started around the the middle of the field. Ref didn't deal with it properly it boiled over and Pinty exchanged pleasanteries with Ger mahon (I think). Its the age old no-no, never get involved in a fight when you're winning. Still was a reasonable game until half-time. About five mins in Galway took over. Don't like to criticise management but positional changes had to be made earlier in the second half against an admittedly stiff breeze. The tactic of playing 4 forwards with Shields playing in the backs should have been abandonned when we lost a man. Galway just moved up a player on Shields and had 7 forwards. Kerrill wade (man of match in my head), Niall Healy,Kevin Broderick tore the full-back line asunder.
couldn't face the last ten mins and had to leave early for the first time ever.

milltown row

went down to play Ballycastle yesterday, beat by a point in the senior game, for a team who are training full pelt for championship i'd say they have no chance. we have not trained in 2 weeks due to football, and players not bothering to turn up and still should have taken something from the game. from the reserve game 9 players ended up going straight out and played the whole of the senior game.

we have the potenial but the wrong attitude. still it gave us a good session before we play the Lamhs next week. thought the referee was poor for both and denied us a late free to tie the game. he also blew right on 60 minutes but was telling me during the game that he was adding on stoppages.

maxpower

Dim Dim's 'tackle' on McKeague was as dirty a challenge as you'll see all year and fully deserved the red card and should be a minimum of 3 month suspension.
What happens next????

North Antrim

We were very poor yesterday against st galls. We should have been beaten. We have too many boys who cant run. Pinky was poor and big ronan got roasted at full back........we wont cut much delph this year if that display is anything to go by. we aredown to play Dall next week but we are looking it called off cos of County minors play next week also.

Maxpower - i though you would beat loughguile yesterday...thats twice this year they have beat you by a point. Are you lads not shaping up well? Do u think loughguile will count this year?

maxpower

Yeah we were very poor yesterday, loughgiel were just slightly less poor. 
What happens next????

Glensman

Colonel...certainly sounds like a 'bit of craic' alright...end of the hurl in the face, left hook, drawing round someone's face.
Not sure what needs to happen to someone on a hurling field in those kind of matches for a bit of control to be imposed.
I'm all for rivallry and it doesn't come more raw than Dunloy Loughgeil but what happened sounds a bit too much.

Was Watson playing for the bodies?

North Antrim

no dont think he was playing. hes training but not allowed to play yet! Loughguile seem to be playing a different style this year....they used to throw up big scorelines, and concede quite a bit. This year they are not scoring big scores, but are conceding even less. They must be concentrating on this side of their game???

milltown row

seems unfair of you north Antrim, were you that poor because we looked stronger or were you missing a load of players and the balance of the team was bad.

i though our lads were the better team, and finished the stronger, two soft goals we gave away made the difference we hit the cross bar twice and McGarry pulled of two great stops from Karl Stewart. some people would say Karl should not be on the county team, what would your thoughts be after seeing him play?

youv'e championship next week, if that were you at full strength then you'll have problems. hippy playing was he? thought Quasie kept you in the game with his long range free taking ronan is the age of me to slow for senior great hurler but who plays the high balls into the square anymore.

the Johhnies will be looking to give you a beating. they have been training hard. good luck next week