?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

screenexile

Quote from: petermce on July 29, 2019, 10:57:01 AM
I think it is sad to see that 4 games have been conceded in Division 2 in the last 2 weeks. Has the break meant that players in these teams have lost interest or why have they had to concede?

Realistically they should have been playing at the end of May through June and having a 2 week break for the July holidays . . . what can you do though??

Ball

Board has been very quiet since the leagues have started back.

Any teams really standing out as contenders for the championship?

Whats going on at dungiven and glenullin? Both looking likely of relegation.

Is next year back to meaning if you are in intermediate league you are in that chamionship also?

screenexile

Quote from: Ball on July 29, 2019, 02:13:29 PM

Is next year back to meaning if you are in intermediate league you are in that chamionship also?

Any team is allowed to enter the Senior Championship if they so wish as far as I'm aware.

Fr. Cyril McDuff

Pretty sure it's the 10 surviving Div 1A teams + 2 relegated teams + 2 promoted teams in senior championship 2020

oakleaflad

Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on July 29, 2019, 03:51:09 PM

Pretty sure it's the 10 surviving Div 1A teams + 2 relegated teams + 2 promoted teams in senior championship 2020
The remaining 1B teams and top 4 from this years Division 2 league will be in the intermediate championship. The remainder of Division 2 will be junior championship. 

Mikhailov

Are you sure - that would leave a 14 team championship?

Rawhide

It's the 10 surviving teams + 2 relegated and the top 4 teams in Div 1B

The senior league is heating up, we have lost our early form, Loup v competitive yesterday, but we are still playing well. But their is nothing between the middle 6/7 teams. Ballinderry have put together two big results and performances going by the score board. Bellaghy going by Mals report destroyed Magherafelt, unexpected. Topsy turvy performances everywhere. Banagher and Dungiven in big diffs now, with Glen possibly being the real threats to the Snail in the championship 🤔. Coleraine keeping their powder dry for the championship?
cccc is a true supporter lol

Squareball71

Quote from: Josey Wales on July 29, 2019, 10:50:10 AM
Quote from: Squareball71 on July 27, 2019, 11:14:38 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on July 23, 2019, 11:55:54 PM
Quote from: Squareball71 on July 23, 2019, 11:06:27 PM
Quote from: Leaveherlong on July 23, 2019, 02:25:54 PM
In fairness to Donnelly this is just a speculative story, with no direct quotes or sources. He can't be held responsible for this type of lazy journalism. If you read the article again, it could easily have been written by one man sitting in his kitchen under pressure to come up with something to fill part of the back page. Though Mountain Gael makes an important point - those appointing the next Derry manager need to show some ambition. The County is desperately in need of some inspiration. Unfortunately there is no evidence the current County Board, with all the same faces that have been there for years, are able to convince some of the top managers to takeover at Derry. So, in the end, a mediocre set up gets a mediocre manager.

Unfortunately it is the clubs that vote in these faces.

There are a lot of very good people on the County Board who are giving many voluntary hours and its hardly fair to lambast them like this.  The Clubs are not nominating people because the Clubs don't want  to loose their most dedicated people.... in general all over Ireland there is a shortage of volunteers.  This year has saw a few changes ( people that haven't been there for years at all ......and you have the audacity to write about lazy journalism !!!!! )

Clubs do nominate people. Other people were nominated last year and probably will be next year but I don't imagine much will change. 2 new names last year, one enforced from the 5 year rule for a new secretary and one for the reintroduced assistant secretary role although I stand corrected.
As it is the clubs, from their own club and committee instruction that vote at convention there should be no reason for anyone to complain once they are voted in.

What happens if a county delegate goes to congress and votes against the way clubs have instructed him to?

Sure how would you know what way they voted? Do you really think it matters what the clubs want?

Squareball71

I think it is sad to see that 4 games have been conceded in Division 2 in the last 2 weeks. Has the break meant that players in these teams have lost interest or why have they had to concede?

Was speaking to a Tyrone man from a Senior club with County players a couple of weeks back who was giving off about the lack of league games they had played ( 7 ). I told him my club had only played 4 and there was a 12 week break playing recreational leagues and divisional cups. He thought I was pulling his chain and said there would be uproar in Tyrone if that happened. They play starred games without County men and CCC try to fix the games so a club with county men missing will play league games against similar clubs.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Squareball71 on July 29, 2019, 09:04:28 PM

Was speaking to a Tyrone man from a Senior club with County players a couple of weeks back who was giving off about the lack of league games they had played ( 7 ). I told him my club had only played 4 and there was a 12 week break playing recreational leagues and divisional cups. He thought I was pulling his chain and said there would be uproar in Tyrone if that happened. They play starred games without County men and CCC try to fix the games so a club with county men missing will play league games against similar clubs.

That is right regarding Tyrone. We are in the middle of a break but have 7/8 games played so far and one game due again next week I think. Starred system works well majority of the time. Hard to believe Derry clubs only played 4 games until end of April and then a 12 week break. Sure that is basically 2 separate seasons. Tyrone clubs wouldn't let that happen, no chance. Can Derry not play H & A to give 22 league games (play with it or without county men) or what will youse do in 2020. Hardly fair on the ordinary club player or management trying to keep everyone interested and motivated for 3 months - almost impossible

Glenman93

Get Rory and Ricey quick. Rory can run Centra in Dungiven and Ricey can advise the local farming community on Brexit. 

shawshank

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 29, 2019, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: Squareball71 on July 29, 2019, 09:04:28 PM

That is right regarding Tyrone. We are in the middle of a break but have 7/8 games played so far and one game due again next week I think. Starred system works well majority of the time. Hard to believe Derry clubs only played 4 games until end of April and then a 12 week break. Sure that is basically 2 separate seasons. Tyrone clubs wouldn't let that happen, no chance. Can Derry not play H & A to give 22 league games (play with it or without county men) or what will youse do in 2020. Hardly fair on the ordinary club player or management trying to keep everyone interested and motivated for 3 months - almost impossible
e
The problem in Derry is that our clubs have refused to play league football without senior county players. Wouldn't it have been better to have had a 16 team league, with four or five of those games starred, those games could have been played over the May and June period instead of the crap that was offered. Whilst the underlying problem is being driven by Croke parks promotion of county football and an a lack of an over all master plan for fixtures. Clubs in Derry have taken no responsibility to help themselves, except of course to cry wolf

theticklemister

I haven't been involved Derry club football from a spectators view in about 8 years, but I keep a close eye on things.  But it seems to me over the last two years, the Craic and the fizz has gone out of the club set-up back home.

oakleaflad

Quote from: theticklemister on July 30, 2019, 09:26:52 AM
I haven't been involved Derry club football from a spectators view in about 8 years, but I keep a close eye on things.  But it seems to me over the last two years, the Craic and the fizz has gone out of the club set-up back home.
I'm not sure about that. The long break in the middle of the season does mean it dies down just as the thing gets going. There has been some great games in the league this year but it's been months since most of them were played. I think the large break is also a factor in the 4 Division 2 clubs that conceded games recently.

Ball

Quote from: theticklemister on July 30, 2019, 09:26:52 AM

I do think it's been quieter than usual since after the break maybe it's just me? Usually big talking points on here and even the CDP just seems to be doing reports without too much build up or reaction.