Connacht SFC 2020

Started by Rossfan, October 26, 2020, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Mayo seemed to be inspired by their countyman winning the US presidency

They nearly won Sam several times under Taoiseach Kenny but they have Uncle Sam in their corner now

Maybe they were just Biden their time until Ballina Joe came along, and therefore it's hard to see Galway bate them

macdanger2

Will Walsh be back for next weekend for Galway? Presume Comer is still missing

Mayo4Sam

That's the worst I've see the Rossies play in a long time. No game plan at all, we had it all our own way. Wouldn't read too much into it

Don't believe missing the Sligo game will make one difference to Galway. It's an advantage if anything, chance to rectify the shambles that was Tuam
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossfan

Had to go for a long walk after that.
Jases we were awful.
Stupidity started before the game not taking the wind when winning the toss.
Defence (which in fairness contains only 2 defenders) was so loose and the annoying walking pace funereal moving the ball backwards and sideways....don't get me started.
And of course Lavin got caught dawdling on the ball too once again.
No drive or pace and the odd ball into the forwards was so bad they could do feck all.
Anthony Cunningham hadn't his finest hour on the sideline either.
I'm hoping the Covid case and the 2 weeks isolation and missed training might be the reason we were so flat.
But jases why the fck we weren't tearing into those rhubarb jerseys .....?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo Border

Did you see any rhubarb growing on the side of the road when you were on the walk

galwayman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 08, 2020, 04:28:55 PM
That's the worst I've see the Rossies play in a long time. No game plan at all, we had it all our own way. Wouldn't read too much into it

Don't believe missing the Sligo game will make one difference to Galway. It's an advantage if anything, chance to rectify the shambles that was Tuam
Seriously have you played championship football before - at club level I mean?
Going into a game cold is absolutely of zero benefit.
I'd much prefer to play three weeks on the bounce if I was a player

weareros

Congrats to Mayo. Best team from the throw-in, where we began with a foolish foul. A few things bothered me. Anyone who knows the wind patterns of the Hyde know it normally blows into graveyard end, so deciding to play against it when it was blowing into town end was high risk. No surprise it died down and advantage was lost. We would still have lost as Mayo were playing at higher pitch and intensity. Then at half time Cunningham should have changed to a 3 man full forward line of Murtagh, Lennon and Smith, but persisted with Cox double marked who simply does not have pace or skill to deal with that attention. He should have pulled Enda out to midfield as Durcan was winning that battle and winning it well, and brought Ciaran Murtagh into half forwards. Instead he brought Diarmuid on for 10 mins at end. I do think the majority not having played much since Armagh game due to Covid interruption was somewhat responsible for flatness. Well done to Mayo. They should go on to win Connacht and have every chance of being in an All-Ireland final again. Still very thankful to team  and management for earning promotion.

Mayo Border

Two provincial champions beaten in one day. That's one for the record books

highorlow

Best team won. Rossies were poor and must be disappointed. Galway will be a different animal.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mayo Border on November 08, 2020, 06:28:45 PM
Two provincial champions beaten in one day. That's one for the record books

Kevin McStay was having a good laugh about it. Hard to see Galway or Cork stopping Mayo in current form from reaching another All-Ireland final.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 08, 2020, 04:19:43 PM
Will Walsh be back for next weekend for Galway? Presume Comer is still missing

Walsh is back. Comer won't be.

larryin89

Galway still favourites, we were relegated they nearly won the league . Game in Tuam was nothing more than a challenge game stroll for Galway .

Roscommon were useless today and are not going anywhere tbh , I really thought they had improved greatly under Cunningham but they are nowhere near fit to compete at the top level , still firmly a tier below top six .

Only thing that can stop Dublin is covid19 , sin e .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

galwayman

Quote from: larryin89 on November 08, 2020, 07:12:23 PM
Galway still favourites, we were relegated they nearly won the league . Game in Tuam was nothing more than a challenge game stroll for Galway .

Roscommon were useless today and are not going anywhere tbh , I really thought they had improved greatly under Cunningham but they are nowhere near fit to compete at the top level , still firmly a tier below top six .

Only thing that can stop Dublin is covid19 , sin e .
My bollix Galway are favourites. But sure then you say that for every Mayo game.

twohands!!!

Quote from: weareros on November 08, 2020, 05:51:12 PM
Congrats to Mayo. Best team from the throw-in, where we began with a foolish foul. A few things bothered me. Anyone who knows the wind patterns of the Hyde know it normally blows into graveyard end, so deciding to play against it when it was blowing into town end was high risk. No surprise it died down and advantage was lost. We would still have lost as Mayo were playing at higher pitch and intensity. Then at half time Cunningham should have changed to a 3 man full forward line of Murtagh, Lennon and Smith, but persisted with Cox double marked who simply does not have pace or skill to deal with that attention. He should have pulled Enda out to midfield as Durcan was winning that battle and winning it well, and brought Ciaran Murtagh into half forwards. Instead he brought Diarmuid on for 10 mins at end. I do think the majority not having played much since Armagh game due to Covid interruption was somewhat responsible for flatness. Well done to Mayo. They should go on to win Connacht and have every chance of being in an All-Ireland final again. Still very thankful to team  and management for earning promotion.

I'd say 90% of the time if there's a wind in the first half it nearly always dies away by the time the second half begins, especially if the pitch isn't a sea-side pitch.
I'd love to hear Cunningham's reasoning for playing against the wind after winning the toss.

The flatness by Roscommon was unreal.
Was close enough to challenge match intensity by them.

Rossfan

Last 2 sentences says it all sadly.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM