Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

No issue with Gough, only thing I will say is he tries his best to let the game flow.

I'd say the Kerry byes are more afraid of this than anything as Dublin are miles ahead of Kerry physically.

FTB, Gough was only starting out in 2015 so posting that picture and making phantom allegations is wrong. Shur no one knew Dublin would be winning as much now back then  :)
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2019, 06:10:37 PM
Gough lives/works in Dublin. It is his home! There is no question he's a good referee and will do his best on the day. But he is a human being not a robot. He has a connection. Decisions he makes on the big day could have a bearing on his every day life.

Anyone remember this?

Go to 17:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1086&v=w7Ygns_Grv4

Why do you even post here any more? Normally its a rant on any thread that you somehow make about Dublin and/or money Dubs receive from Croke Park.

Now you've decided to attack the integrity of the referee. What's your problem. I can only assume you were attempting to reference Kev Mac's tackle at the end. If you had listened to OTB last night or even done another google search after you found that video about Gough after the game you would have found out that he apologised after the game. His line of sight to Kevin Mac was blocked by another Dublin player so he wasn't able to see it at the time. All he could do was admit he'd have given a free if he had seen it  real time. What else is he supposed to do?

But when have you ever let facts get in the way of your bitter rants??

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on August 14, 2019, 07:39:52 PM
Gough lives/works in Dublin. It is his home! There is no question he's a good referee and will do his best on the day. But he is a human being not a robot. He has a connection. Decisions he makes on the big day could have a bearing on his every day life.

Anyone remember this?

Why do you even post here any more? Normally its a rant on any thread that you somehow make about Dublin and/or money Dubs receive from Croke Park.

Now you've decided to attack the integrity of the referee. What's your problem. I can only assume you were attempting to reference Kev Mac's tackle at the end. If you had listened to OTB last night or even done another google search after you found that video about Gough after the game you would have found out that he apologised after the game. His line of sight to Kevin Mac was blocked by another Dublin player so he wasn't able to see it at the time. All he could do was admit he'd have given a free if he had seen it  real time. What else is he supposed to do?

The problem is that a Dublin player (from St. Judes who Gough was involved with) gets a very beneficial call at an important juncture in the game. He probably did not see the incident, but you can see the optics are not great.

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2019, 08:08:09 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 14, 2019, 07:39:52 PM

Anyone remember this?

The problem is that a Dublin player (from St. Judes who Gough was involved with) gets a very beneficial call at an important juncture in the game. He probably did not see the incident, but you can see the optics are not great.

The optics are fine. You're trying to make something out of nothing

Angelo

Gough has refereed Tyrone a good few times now over the past few years - he's the best ref about - he's got a few decisions wrong against us, the Peter Harte black card this year against Donegal being the obvious one but we've probably had the benefit of a few too. He did the All Ireland final against Dublin last year, again no complaints.

People go on about the links with Dublin but if we were in the All Ireland final with them next week he's the guy I'd want in the middle.

I do think he is getting a little fondness for making big calls though and needs to make sure that he is absolutely certain in his decision before he makes it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Gael85

Quote from: Angelo on August 14, 2019, 08:48:44 PM
Gough has refereed Tyrone a good few times now over the past few years - he's the best ref about - he's got a few decisions wrong against us, the Peter Harte black card this year against Donegal being the obvious one but we've probably had the benefit of a few too. He did the All Ireland final against Dublin last year, again no complaints.

People go on about the links with Dublin but if we were in the All Ireland final with them next week he's the guy I'd want in the middle.

I do think he is getting a little fondness for making big calls though and needs to make sure that he is absolutely certain in his decision before he makes it.

Conor Lane done final last year. This is Gough first final.

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on August 14, 2019, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 04:03:37 PM
I can guarantee he wont be feeling the pressure of the additional scrutiny, he will however have the pressure of refereeing the biggest match of the year anyway. He wont feel under pressure to do anything different from his normal refereeing style.
This is some people, with little else to do, looking for a reason to have an early pop at the ref, looking for excuses dependent on how the ref sees certain incidents. We all see incidents differently dependent on who we are supporting on any particular day.
I can guarantee a plethora of complaints from both sides on Sunday evening, regardless of the result

Agreed. It is actually disgraceful that a man's integrity can be questioned in as blasé a manner as it is on this board. There have been plenty of refereeing decisions I haven't agreed with over the years (and I'm watching the Dubs in person since 83) but I know this - if we lose, it will be because of a better team, or because we haven't performed (knowing Dubs fans the latter is the far more likely view to be taken).

Yeah I and most other teams around the country am envious of your confidence that it wont be because you had a dodgy calls agin ye

Gough loves/fears Dublin. Whether its in the workplace, at the club, walking around, or keeping his pecking order as a ref, making sure that he is keeping the Dubs are happy is key

Absolute rubbish. A pile of shite to be more accurate.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2019, 09:02:46 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 04:58:25 PM
I can guarantee he wont be feeling the pressure of the additional scrutiny, he will however have the pressure of refereeing the biggest match of the year anyway. He wont feel under pressure to do anything different from his normal refereeing style.
This is some people, with little else to do, looking for a reason to have an early pop at the ref, looking for excuses dependent on how the ref sees certain incidents. We all see incidents differently dependent on who we are supporting on any particular day.
I can guarantee a plethora of complaints from both sides on Sunday evening, regardless of the result

Agreed. It is actually disgraceful that a man's integrity can be questioned in as blasé a manner as it is on this board. There have been plenty of refereeing decisions I haven't agreed with over the years (and I'm watching the Dubs in person since 83) but I know this - if we lose, it will be because of a better team, or because we haven't performed (knowing Dubs fans the latter is the far more likely view to be taken).

Yeah I and most other teams around the country am envious of your confidence that it wont be because you had a dodgy calls agin ye

Gough loves/fears Dublin. Whether its in the workplace, at the club, walking around, or keeping his pecking order as a ref, making sure that he is keeping the Dubs are happy is key

Absolute rubbish. A pile of shite to be more accurate.

Obiviously Antrim prob not included since they are that pile of shite or absolutely rubbish if you prefer.

The Hill is Blue

Nothing new on this board.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Angelo

Quote from: Gael85 on August 14, 2019, 08:52:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 14, 2019, 08:48:44 PM

Conor Lane done final last year. This is Gough first final.

Oh right :D

Fair enough so but I think Gough is a good ref and I wouldn't have an issue with him taking the game had we won on Sunday.

larryin89

Is it not a tad peculiar that every single dub is jumping to the defence of choice of ref , everywhere , social media , forums and on the street .Is that just reactionary to kerrys objection ? 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2019, 09:33:27 PM
Is it not a tad peculiar that every single dub is jumping to the defence of choice of ref , everywhere , social media , forums and on the street .Is that just reactionary to kerrys objection ?

I think Fitzmaurice was way out of order with his comments and he knows full well what he was at.

Wildweasel74

It used to be a ref from either province not involved, why did they do away with that? I do think Gough working (also living?) in Dublin is a issue. Hardly impartial or open to influence.

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2019, 09:33:27 PM

Yeah, why should the Dubs feel any allegiance or sympathy to Gough? Strange.