Parking at the point/o2

Started by David McKeown, December 11, 2010, 02:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Heading to the point tonight for the KOL gig and I am wondering where the best place to park is?  I have badly hurt my back ths week as well so would like somewhere quite close.  Tried pre-booking the Euro Car Park at the point village there but seems i am too late.  Anyone know if I can turn up there without pre-booking or should I be looking at trying to park somewhere else.  I will be coming from the north probably via the tunnel
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

muppet

Quote from: David McKeown on December 11, 2010, 02:13:13 PM
Heading to the point tonight for the KOL gig and I am wondering where the best place to park is?  I have badly hurt my back ths week as well so would like somewhere quite close.  Tried pre-booking the Euro Car Park at the point village there but seems i am too late.  Anyone know if I can turn up there without pre-booking or should I be looking at trying to park somewhere else.  I will be coming from the north probably via the tunnel

Parked recently in the O2 (underground) parking under the hotel beside the point. Easily found from the tunnel. The show I was at was sold out and the car park wasn't quite full. Still took ages to get out of though. If you use that car park, get there early and park as close to ground level as possible. Every level you go down might take 20 - 30 minutes to ascend afterwards.

There is some street parking available (also some along the quays) again if you are early, but I can't vouch for how safe that would be.
MWWSI 2017

David McKeown

Denn Forever

There is a carpark beside the point on the way into town.

Its a Lock hard type of place but as Muppet says, get there as early as you can. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

If you arrive early there's every chance of getting parking on the quays. Drive up North Wall Quay, park her and toddle into the MV Cill Airne for a pint before the gig. Clean away afterwards, no queuing for hours to get out of car parks.

gallsman

Be careful with that back  - footpaths down Clontarf/East Wall direction are still treacherous.

supersub

Was at 02 a few weeks ago for a concert and that underground as mentioned is woeful to get out of if you are not on ground level. Took a full hour before I moved an inch! However you are obvioulsy already there and so this information is pointless......ha.

David McKeown

Tried the underground car park you recommended tonight, got there about 8 and mentioned to the guy selling the prepaid tickets that my back was bad and I was having trouble walking and so wanted to know where I should park to minimise walking.  I was fully expecting a bottom floor space near an emergency exit but the guy radioed ahead and got his colleague to direct me into a cordoned off area on the second floor down right beside the lift.  About a one minute walk (even with my back) from the point.  Left about 5 mins after gig and was back in my car so quick that I was out of the car park within 10 mins of the KOL finishing.  Went to offer the guy a few bob on the way out to say thank you and he wouldn't take it.

All in all a great recommendation so cheers for that guys, pity the gig was just good and not great.