Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Delighted to be going through the back door, no traditionalists on this thread.
#newbridgeornowhere

gerry

nice to Fabregas  at the spanish grand prix yesterday while his team was battling for third place

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

spiritof91and94

Quote from: gerry on May 23, 2011, 10:31:00 AM
nice to Fabregas  at the spanish grand prix yesterday while his team was battling for third place

Imagine an injured united captain spending the last day away from a match - fergie would sell him straight away - fabregas is getting to be a little p***k.
Stevie Gerrard spent yesterday with the scouse away supporters - a leader.

CorkMan

Who care's whether Fabregas leaves or not it's fairly obvious he doesn't want to be there anymore.We'll get 50million for him.Hope Wenger spends big this summer!!!!!

Puckoon

Nasri trending on twitter. Not committing to Arsenal and not ruling out united.

spiritof91and94

Arsenal have announced the signing of 19-year-old Finland Under-21 defender Carl Jenkinson from Charlton.

GREATTTTTT!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 08, 2011, 11:57:17 AM
Arsenal have announced the signing of 19-year-old Finland Under-21 defender Carl Jenkinson from Charlton.

GREATTTTTT!

19? Hardly the Finnish article is he?
MWWSI 2017

gerry

still behind the other big spenders.

tomorrows sun
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

CorkMan

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 08, 2011, 11:57:17 AM

GREATTTTTT!

He can't be much worse than Squillaci.Vermaelen was badly missed this season.I could've seen him and Koscielny building a pretty good partnership.Any other transfer rumours ?

ONeill

It seems like Arsenal are slowly losing their appeal. Whether it's wage appeal or club appeal I'm not sure. I think Wenger is losing out to potential players he may have secured easily enough 7-8 years ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orangemac

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2011, 11:49:31 PM
It seems like Arsenal are slowly losing their appeal. Whether it's wage appeal or club appeal I'm not sure. I think Wenger is losing out to potential players he may have secured easily enough 7-8 years ago.
There does seem to be a bit of a loser vibe about Arsenal at the minute. See Van Perise today mouthing off about being sick of winning nothing over the last few years.

Surely the onus is on Wenger to clear out some of the deadwood and bring in 3/4 proven players. He should start by testing Man Citys resolve over Shay Given.

ONeill

I've been a Red Member for yonks now, hoping for a Silver soon. However, if Nasri heads off to Utd then feck them. I don't think he will, but if he does it means Arsenal have become a feeder club to the side who rapes their competition every year.

Dinny Breen

No chance, it's the middle of silly season, if Nasri doesn't get his pay rise expect him to be sold to Madrid or Munich or someone of that ilk.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Hope so (and think so) Dinny but it'd be a fair kick in the knackers if it happened, even though Nasri has been fairly inconsistent.