Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

The internet didn't break down with the injustice of Liverpool winning undeservedly (or to be more correct, Milan losing undeservedly) in 2005.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 09, 2011, 12:33:32 PM
The internet didn't break down with the injustice of Liverpool winning undeservedly (or to be more correct, Milan losing undeservedly) in 2005.

2001 FA Cup fnal was a greater injustice...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Ara get over it lads. 5 v 0 v 0

Bingo

Shite happens lads, get over it.  :D

Can anyone explain what has happened Chamack (sp?)? At start of season he looked very good,  I know LFC supporters regretted not been able to attract him based on his early season form. He looks a totally different player now and rarely gets a look in.

Has he started to struggle with the pace of the premiership or has his confidence been shot to pieces?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 09, 2011, 12:39:49 PM

Since we're back in the school yard 21 years and counting AZ even Leeds don't have that long a wait...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 09, 2011, 12:47:19 PM

Since we're back in the school yard 21 years and counting AZ even Leeds don't have that long a wait...

I don't think we really want to do the counting thing Dinny. I'd run out of fingers and toes very quickly.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Bingo on March 09, 2011, 12:41:50 PM
Shite happens lads, get over it.  :D

Can anyone explain what has happened Chamack (sp?)? At start of season he looked very good,  I know LFC supporters regretted not been able to attract him based on his early season form. He looks a totally different player now and rarely gets a look in.

Has he started to struggle with the pace of the premiership or has his confidence been shot to pieces?

By his own admission he's been feeling tired of late. Modern day footballers eh  ::)

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 09, 2011, 12:47:19 PM

Thanks for bringing that up again Dinny!  ;D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 09, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

Or the 2005 Cup Final?

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on March 09, 2011, 02:31:27 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 09, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

Or the 2005 Cup Final?

Without doubt
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

This amused me from Football 365

So it is Man U v Arsenal in FA Cup. Arsenal are out of Europe with no game until the following weekend, Man U on the other hand will be playing mid week.

What an ideal opportunity for Arsenal to put one over on Man U, however, unfortunately Chris Foy is referring. So how will the game go, here are my predications:

3 minutes of the game have gone, Arshavin bursts through into the Man U penalty box, he is brought down by last man Rafael. It is a bad tackle, Arshavin stays down, Foy waves play on, Wenger flaps his arms so hard he levitates. Arshavin has to be substituted. Replays show that even Stevie Wonder would have given a penalty and a red card.

5 minutes have gone. Scholes goes right through the back of Nasri, the ball is not even in the frame. Nasri is booked for diving. He manfully caries on for a couple of minutes after treatment but cannot carry on. Air traffic controllers at Manchester Airport are warned of a man in a long sleeping bag hovering near the airport.

8 minutes have gone, a light breeze blows across the Old Trafford pitch, Berbatov is blown over. It is three yards outside the box. Djourou is booked. Rooney has a shot, it is yards wide, Fergie screams, a corner is given. Andy Townsend says how much Rooney reminds him of Maradona/Cruyff/Pele/Best at their peak.

13 minutes. Foy waves away another cast iron Arsenal penalty claim. Wenger enters to stratosphere

17 minutes. Foy waves away another cast iron Arsenal penalty claim. Wenger is clinging to the ITV satellite.

25 minutes. Foul by Clichy on Rooney. Later Wenger claims he did not see it (to be fair he was over Australia at the time).

33 minutes have gone, Gibson shoots from 45 yards out, it hits four different players, takes a bobble and sneaks past Almunia who hasn't even realised he is in goal. "Man U Dave" from Croydon emails F265 to say Man U have found the new Robson/Ince/Hughes/Coppell and that Gibson is the future.

45 minutes. Van Persie is clean through on goal, he rounds the keeper but before the ball crosses the line, Fergie blows the whistle for half time.

Adrian Chiles is woken up by Gareth Southgate, makes some chippy comment about how brilliant WBA are and goes to an advert break.

ITV avoid showing any controversial moments, but focus instead on Rooney's free kick from 9,000 different angles and fail to mention that even though it went nowhere near an Arsenal player, a corner was given.

47 minutes, Scholes goes through the back of Wilshere. Foy waves play on.

48 minutes, Wilshere looks at Scholes. He is booked for offensive gazing.

49 minutes Van Persie is brought down by Smalling 5 yards inside the box. Foy gives a free kick 3 yards outside the book and gives Smalling a good talking to. Showing what a strong ref he is, he makes the Man U wall go back a full 4 yards. Van Persie's shot hits Gigg's upraised arm. Goal kick given.

50 minutes Arsenal are totally dominant. Van Persie finally gets the ball in the net. Foy disallows it for a foul last week by Song.
48 minutes, Wilshere looks at Scholes. He is booked for offensive gazing.

Another 39 minutes of Arsenal dominance follows. Three Arsenal goals are disallowed for off-side/pushing/rudeness/wrong kind of shot

90 minutes Eboue on as a sub, is clean through on goal. Berbatov get blown over by another breeze. From 95 yards away, Foy give Man U a penalty. Wilshere, Van Persie and Almunia are all sent off for complaining (ensuring they miss the next 3 matches Foy makes sure they are all straight red).

Rooney bobbles the pen in off his shin. (It will later be voted goal of the season by Andy Townsend).

Fergie blows for full time.

Rooney is given Man of the Match.

Wenger lands in the Mohave desert.

Fergie breaks his silence to say how Man U dominated and totally deserved to win.

Pat Rice, in the absence of Wenger, says the ref had "a bad game". The FA ban him for life.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Nothing shocking in that result, didn't see game but fully expected it.

- The sooner that Ferguson bollox retires the better, from reading the reports he won the tactical battle hands down. He has no peer.
- Wenger's project is at a crisis point, he now needs to deliver the EPL, the faithful are getting disgruntled and if he doesn't deliver he has two options either abandon his utopian dream or move upstairs. The concern is not the fans or board but I'm starting to sense the players are losing faith in Arsene. Next few weeks will tell the tale....

On a positive great to see Ramsey back and hopefully Djourou isn't too injured.
#newbridgeornowhere

Minder

Wenger on  Djourou - "dislocated shoulder, season over."
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Only saw last 10 mins cos of the rugby.

The onetuple is still on. Badly miss the first teamers of Walcott, Cesc, Song, Clichy, Chesney and Vermaelan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.