Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 08, 2011, 10:51:10 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2011, 10:16:53 PM
I love the opinions on this thread that this player is shit or that player is brilliant or Wenger hasn't a clue why does everything have to be the extreme end of the hyperbole spectrum. Are people now afraid to make rational judgements?

Beaten 4-3 on aggregate is not a disgrace, Barca are an exceptional side, maybe the best ever and will go very close to winning the UCL again.

The most disappointing thing as O'Neill has mentioned is that Arsenal didn't have a cut just didn't go for the jugular until it was too late. They defended pretty well I thought but just couldn't retain possession and fair play to Alumnia, kept Arsenal in it.

Wenger will rightly complain about the farcical red card more as a means of deflection and of creating a siege mentality. 

Arsenal don't have the squad to compete on so many fronts so hopefully they'll push on really challenge for the EPL.

My only negative is Clichy, he really can't defend in an organisational sense, always seems to be caught out of position.
Do you really think Hill-Wood and the rest of the board will continue to accept Arsenal being nearly men? It's years since Arsenal have won anything of note.

Do you know anything about the culture of Arsenal football club, 6 years is nothing.
#newbridgeornowhere

Orangemac

Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2011, 10:37:08 PM
VP has done a Fergie on the interview "Ref was a joke he shouldn't be here"
2nd booking was harsh, although VPs reaction after putting the ball wide was not one of great disappointment which would suggest he heard the whistle.

He has no excuses over the 1st booking which was down to his own stupidity.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2011, 10:55:16 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 08, 2011, 10:51:10 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2011, 10:16:53 PM
I love the opinions on this thread that this player is shit or that player is brilliant or Wenger hasn't a clue why does everything have to be the extreme end of the hyperbole spectrum. Are people now afraid to make rational judgements?

Beaten 4-3 on aggregate is not a disgrace, Barca are an exceptional side, maybe the best ever and will go very close to winning the UCL again.

The most disappointing thing as O'Neill has mentioned is that Arsenal didn't have a cut just didn't go for the jugular until it was too late. They defended pretty well I thought but just couldn't retain possession and fair play to Alumnia, kept Arsenal in it.

Wenger will rightly complain about the farcical red card more as a means of deflection and of creating a siege mentality. 

Arsenal don't have the squad to compete on so many fronts so hopefully they'll push on really challenge for the EPL.

My only negative is Clichy, he really can't defend in an organisational sense, always seems to be caught out of position.
Do you really think Hill-Wood and the rest of the board will continue to accept Arsenal being nearly men? It's years since Arsenal have won anything of note.

Do you know anything about the culture of Arsenal football club, 6 years is nothing.

28 years Man Utd didn't win the title, Fergie was on his way only for Robbins in the FA Cup. Arsenal have been lucky to have Arsen in my view
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Fabregas: Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on March 08, 2011, 11:04:17 PM
Fabregas: Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise.

In fairness to the Arsenal players they're all so young that they just take everything to heart, they were in bits after the CC final. It's hard not to believe that these defeats will only develop a resolve that will ultimately lead to glory.
#newbridgeornowhere

Aaron Boone

Only 4 capital cities have seen one of their clubs win the CL/European Cup - and London ain't one of those 4 cities.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 08, 2011, 11:15:32 PM
Only 4 capital cities have seen one of their clubs win the CL/European Cup - and London ain't one of those 4 cities.

Really fancy Chelsea this year, in a one off game they'd really rattle Barcelona.
#newbridgeornowhere

new devil

Hard luck lads...even thou yous were outplayed for large parts of the 2 legs yous could of very easily went tru
Would hate to see what Barcas midfield would do to United  :-\

ONeill

new devil

With that back 3 barca would still of won  :P

anportmorforjfc

fcuk she looks alot like Nasri!

ONeill

gallsman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2011, 11:17:12 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 08, 2011, 11:15:32 PM

Really fancy Chelsea this year, in a one off game they'd really rattle Barcelona.

Madrid, Lisbon, Belgrade, Bucharest?

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

ross4life

Must be five what about Amsterdam?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open