Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centre 3/4s

my god being an arsenal fan this season is serious hard work, for once i am now starting to doubt arsene. His tactics are spot on and his commitment is 100% but he is to loyal to too many average players who are not up to Arsenal standard. Bendtner, rosicky, denilson, arshavin, eboue, to name a few. Diaby and van persie are too injury prone so to have them miss two thirds of the season every year ans still pick up mamouth pay packets is not good and they should be shipped on. We need players with genuine strength and who are physically intimadating, we will never have an opportunity to win silverware again like we do this year.

EC Unique

Quote from: gerry on March 05, 2011, 09:14:57 PM

QuoteIt was a really poor offside decision.

offside?
As for the penalty, Arshavin should've gone down.

penalty?

should have won by two goals and have had three point from this game

Quote from: Minder on March 01, 2011, 09:50:27 PM
Sure these things even themselves out over the course of the season.

Milltown Row2

I'd turn, and run past your man Bramble from Sunderland!!

he's worst defender in the league, and Welbeck should have done Utd a favour
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dinny Breen

Could be a valuable point, Arsenal always play badly in clusters so will probably lose Tues and Sat and then remain unbeaten for the rest of the season, should be enough to clinch the title..

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Yep, despite the 5-0 win on Wed night, Arsenal are not in good form right now. If they can hang in there, get Fabregas, Walcott and Song fit for the final 10 games they'll not be far away.

The Barca game is a strange one. Don't think I give a damn even though a draw will see Arsenal through. The league is the biggie.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

A early CL exit last season helped Chelsea win the league so I'm sure the gooners fan's will hope the same can happen for them.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe Barca game is a strange one. Don't think I give a damn even though a draw will see Arsenal through. The league is the biggie.

A good peformance on Tues would be important not pushed on the result either though - still think Chelsea will win it, plus the way Man U are set-up and throw in Madrid and I just don't think Arsenal have it in them to get past any 2 of those clubs over 2 legs.

It's all about the league.
#newbridgeornowhere

orangeman

Arsenal in the driving seat now.

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on March 06, 2011, 02:39:36 PM
Arsenal in the driving seat now.

If Arsenal had a 4 point lead going into the last game, they'd find a way to c**k it up.

brokencrossbar1

Favour done, don't f**k it up now!!!!!  dirk Kuyt will get the keys to Highbury if ye win it!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 06, 2011, 03:22:18 PM
Favour done, don't f**k it up now!!!!!  dirk Kuyt will get the keys to Highbury if ye win it!

I'm sure he can afford to buy one of the appartments there, always liked Kuyt good work rate and attitude but definitely gone up my estimation now but we all know the Arse will somehow find a way to f**k it up...
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Arsenal have it all in their hands now I hope they don't mess it up!

Also talk about early CL or FA Cup exits is wrong in my opinion. I think it was 3 or 4 years ago maybe when Arsenal were right up there with Utd and Wenger fielded a weakened team against Man Ure in the cup and they got absolutely tanked. It was a demoralising loss and the team spiralled after that with United getting stronger!! A win against Barca on Tue and Utd on Saturday would give Arsenal some lift for the run in!!!

Orangemac

Quote from: screenexile on March 06, 2011, 07:01:48 PM
Arsenal have it all in their hands now I hope they don't mess it up!

I also hope Arsenal can do it I but I don't think it is Arsenals to lose as such. A draw would suit United at the Emirates.

Arsenal have still a great chance as both sides will drop points. Probably be the lowest winning points tally in a long time.

ONeill

RVP travelled to Barcelona. I hope Wenger doesn't take an unnecessary risk with him. Yet I also understand the temptation with their defence rightly weakened.

Possible Barca -
Valdes;
Alves, Busquets, Abidal, Maxwell;
Xavi, Mascherano, Iniesta;
Pedro, David Villa, Messi.

ross4life

It's on tonight

But this place is like

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open