Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2011, 01:18:31 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 17, 2011, 01:16:04 PM
Good man O'Neill. A pessimist never gets let down.

I'd say that was a response to appease the schoolyard warriors above who support other clubs. It worked too.

I suppose I should have put a smiley face at the end of that as I was messing. Soccer just doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. 

Norf Tyrone

Sometimes you take yourselves too seriously in this thread...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2011, 09:43:21 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 17, 2011, 08:53:28 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2011, 11:50:57 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 16, 2011, 11:21:45 PM
In seven matches, Lionel Messi is yet to score a single goal in England & 120 passes Xavi made, 69 more passes than any Arsenal player (Fabregas, 51) on the pitch tonight.

Gilberto used to have those figures too. He passed backwards as well.

Wenger fairly taught Mourinho and Fergie how to beat Barca the right way tonight.

Both Mourinho and Fergie beat Barcelona properly - by winning the tie.  Lets see if Wenger can achieve this in a couple of weeks, I somehow don't think it will happen.  Two good goals from Arsenal but Arsenals defence is still to easily cut open, if it wasn't for a dodgy linesmans call Arsenal would be travelling with 2 away goals against them.

They fairly missed Overbo last night.

Barca have been paying big time for all those decisions they got vs Chelsea at The Bridge.

Away at Inter last season and last night.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2011, 05:28:59 PM

You take us too seriously.......
MWWSI 2017

Orangemac

Great game last night. Arsenal deserved at least a draw but to win gives them a reasonable chance in the away leg. Can definitely see Arsenal scoring over there.

Really impressed with Wilshere.Have saw him a few times and thought he played too may safe square passes but he was brilliant last night. Taking the ball out of tight situations and always making himself available.

With the Carling cup final comng up, Arsenal are now in the hunt for 4 trophies at the minute.Is there a danger they could overstretch themselves?

United will drop more points but Arsenal cannot afford to drop too many more to be in with a chance of the league.

ONeill

Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2011, 10:36:57 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2011, 05:28:59 PM

You take us too seriously.......

....about to say the same!

Was browsing a few Barca forums and the criticism is something savage. Whereas we thought they were a delight to watch, their fans were scathing of Messi's selfishness and the substitutions. The general consensus was that the team is tired and their style of play (pressing when not in possession) sees them wilt after an hour.

I remember thinking a couple of weeks ago that Guardiola seems to play his strongest side in every game in all competitions.

However, they all think it'll be OK at the Camp.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Orangemac on February 18, 2011, 12:01:31 AM
Great game last night. Arsenal deserved at least a draw but to win gives them a reasonable chance in the away leg. Can definitely see Arsenal scoring over there.

Really impressed with Wilshere.Have saw him a few times and thought he played too may safe square passes but he was brilliant last night. Taking the ball out of tight situations and always making himself available.

With the Carling cup final comng up, Arsenal are now in the hunt for 4 trophies at the minute.Is there a danger they could overstretch themselves?

United will drop more points but Arsenal cannot afford to drop too many more to be in with a chance of the league.

A French station did a little collage of Wilshere's best plays - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXPmXaW60C0

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 17, 2011, 02:31:22 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 17, 2011, 11:56:32 AM

Not hard to work out the defensive game plan last night :D

They could almost be mistaken for Tyrone footballers in that picture..apart from the black fellas of course

Good comparison alright LL. Both extremely effective on the day. Tyrone's led to the end product that year, will Arsenal's?

Orangemac

Will Johann Cryuff accuse Arsenal of "puke football" if they go through? :D

Gaffer

Quote from: Orangemac on February 20, 2011, 12:55:25 AM
Will Johann Cryuff accuse Arsenal of "puke football" if they go through? :D

And why would he do that?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

STREET FIGHTER

The young lad- Kyle Bartley- on loan @ Rangers is doing himself no favours in todays derby.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

brokencrossbar1

The O's on their way to Vegas then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONeill

Sorta glad to see these draws. Keeps the second string happy.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2011, 06:31:02 PM
Sorta glad to see these draws. Keeps the second string happy.

wierd just made the same comment to a friend..
#newbridgeornowhere