Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Well done to the Gunners. Really enjoyed that and have to agree about Wilshere, class act! Arshavins finish was something else!
Going to be interesting now with Barca having to come out looking goals.  Arsenal have the perfect players to kill them on the break.

Boycey

Quote from: ross4life on February 16, 2011, 09:37:26 PM
Barcelona changed their tactics at HT sat back,took Villa off & were rubbish in that 2nd half. 2-1 about right i feel.

Had money on Arsenal to win so a good night's work for me.

You're trying too hard to get into these boys good books..

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

paco

The past few games should be a good kick up the back side for Pep, in case he needed it. Credit to Arsenal though, great atmosphere with the crowd really getting behind them and they deserved to win. A bit lucky though with a possible penalty shout at the end? Set up brilliantly for the second leg anyway.

gerrykeegan

Was it a bit strange to see arshavin going off down the tunnell as the rest of the arsenal lads congratulated each other.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ballinaman

Quote from: gerrykeegan on February 16, 2011, 09:57:24 PM
Was it a bit strange to see arshavin going off down the tunnell as the rest of the arsenal lads congratulated each other.
No, he's russian. Therefore he is a bit strange himself

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on February 16, 2011, 09:52:20 PM
Barcelona changed their tactics at HT sat back,took Villa off & were rubbish in that 2nd half. 2-1 about right i feel.

My honest opinion on the game not trying to get into any one's good books whatever that means?

Also i have gone on record.. if Arsenal win the 1st leg there will win the tie not sure is a 2-1 lead enough but we'll see.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Good result. Thought Wilshire was excellent. I was also impressed by Kocilney (Spelling dodgey), which is something I never thought I'd hear myself say!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on February 16, 2011, 10:05:36 PM

My honest opinion on the game not trying to get into any one's good books whatever that means?

Also i have gone on record.. if Arsenal win the 1st leg there will win the tie not sure is a 2-1 lead enough but we'll see.

So you are changing your mind?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

boojangles

Fair play Gunners. brilliant stuff. Wiltshire is some talent. What age is he??

paco

Quote from: boojangles on February 16, 2011, 10:19:10 PM
Fair play Gunners. brilliant stuff. Wiltshire is some talent. What age is he??

He's only 19 the wee f**ker.

Boycey

Fair play to Arsenal they hung in there and when Barca switched off they took full advantage but I'd have to say that over the 90 mins 2-1 to Arsenal was hardly a fair reflection but hey that's why we love football.

Big Puff

Great finish from the Russian, but what was he at with the header/handball in the dying mins in his own box!

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on February 16, 2011, 10:18:00 PM

So you are changing your mind?

I'm like one of those undecided voters at the moment & the return leg is not for three weeks so injuries could play a big part.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: Big Puff on February 16, 2011, 10:27:35 PM
Great finish from the Russian, but what was he at with the header/handball in the dying mins in his own box!

I suspect he was told going on that Nasri wasn't tracking Alves so get after him. He probably will be relieved of tracking duty.
MWWSI 2017