Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Great finish alright az but the build up was class as well. Fair dues to Arsenal. Some game. 

Puckoon

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 16, 2011, 09:09:16 PM
Lucky for Arsenal that Messi couldn't finish his dinner tonight or the tie would be over by now.

Arsenal 8 shots on target, 3 off target
Barca 6 shots on target, 3 off target

Just keepin' it real like.

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 16, 2011, 11:32:26 AM
I think Arsenal will go for it and can see the Goons leading 2-0 but Barca will get an away goal so will probably finish 2-1. Barca are vulnerable after putting so much effort into their La Liga winning run so a good time to play them I think.

You got the order of the goals wrong (that would be massive odds) but good call on the score.
MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

Great result, great second half.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ross4life

Barcelona changed their tactics at HT sat back,took Villa off & were rubbish in that 2nd half. 2-1 about right i feel.

Had money on Arsenal to win so a good night's work for me.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Well done Arsenal, should be some away game. give me 6 minutes of a chance for £70 quid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Puckoon on February 16, 2011, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 16, 2011, 09:09:16 PM
Lucky for Arsenal that Messi couldn't finish his dinner tonight or the tie would be over by now.

Arsenal 8 shots on target, 3 off target
Barca 6 shots on target, 3 off target

Just keepin' it real like.

Not sure what the relevance is?

You can have a shot on target from 35 yards that isn't likely to go in or you can have a one on one with the goalkeeper which should be scored. Messi in particular missed some clear cut chances and was very wasteful.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2011, 09:37:42 PM
Well done Arsenal, should be some away game. give me 6 minutes of a chance for £70 quid

You'd have to feel Arsenal can score over in Catalunya. I think Barca will have to score 3 to go through.

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on February 16, 2011, 09:37:26 PM
Barcelona changed their tactics at HT sat back,took Villa off & were rubbish in that 2nd half. 2-1 about right i feel.

Had money on Arsenal to win so a good night's work for me.

Don't believe you !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: muppet on February 16, 2011, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 16, 2011, 11:32:26 AM
I think Arsenal will go for it and can see the Goons leading 2-0 but Barca will get an away goal so will probably finish 2-1. Barca are vulnerable after putting so much effort into their La Liga winning run so a good time to play them I think.

You got the order of the goals wrong (that would be massive odds) but good call on the score.

I watched them Sat night and they worked really hard against Sport Gijon to try and maintain their winning run so thought the Arse had a good chance, superb 2nd goal.

This win will give Arsenal real belief and I think they'll go very close in the EPL, Barca will go through but a great result for Arsenal in the long term.
#newbridgeornowhere

gerrykeegan

The lad who works work me stuck 5 on the spurs arsenal double,i told him he was fool. Pays over 90. Who is the fool now.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

paco

Jack Wilshere was the best player on the park. Complacency was definitely the problem for Barcelona, only Guardiola knows why David Villa came off...

Dinny Breen

Jaysus Giles and Dunphy talk some bollox sound bitter that Arsenal won so they can't stick the knife into Wenger..

And I say Ronnie Whelan is some craic on the beer..
#newbridgeornowhere

orangeman

Arsenal have a serious side - amazing.

To beat Barca in that fashion was incredible.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: paco on February 16, 2011, 09:44:27 PM
Jack Wilshere was the best player on the park. Complacency was definitely the problem for Barcelona, only Guardiola knows why David Villa came off...

They were very casual in the 2nd half. Probbaly got a bit cocky and thought they could cruise to the end of the game. Guess it's easy to be cocky when you're as good as they are. Missed a few chances and left the door open and fair play to Arsenal they took advantage.

Set up nicely for the 2nd leg but you'd still have to fancy Barca. They do have an away goal and Messi is unlikely to be so profligate next time.