Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 05, 2011, 07:29:00 PM
Point gained on Man U
and goal difference reduced
Goals scored increased - after 1989 never rule this out.

Yeah that's one way to look at it Dinny
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

What a day! Disappointment to total relief. Arsenal totally lacking balls when the Newcastle crowd tried to create a cauldron at 1-4. Can't blame the officials for being 4-0 up after 67 mins and not winning.

However, Fergie will retire having failed to emulate the great Wenger team of 03/04. ANd that makes me very, very happy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 05, 2011, 05:06:36 PM
RVP scores the winner and it's ruled off-side, clearly on-side unbelievable

Oh throw in Nolan replicating Diaby's actions on Chesney Hawkes and the Arsenal goal-keeper gets booked, you couldn't make it up.

Absolute imcompetence from the match officials.

You must of missed the Leon Bests perfectly good goal that was ruled offside.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rossfan on February 05, 2011, 07:43:54 PM

Oh throw in Nolan replicating Diaby's actions on Chesney Hawkes and the Arsenal goal-keeper gets booked, you couldn't make it up.

Did you log in with this username by mistake? You don't like or watch soccer I thought...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: Rossfan on February 05, 2011, 07:43:54 PM

Watch that one again slim.

Boycey

Quote from: ONeill on February 05, 2011, 07:43:15 PM
What a day! Disappointment to total relief. Arsenal totally lacking balls when the Newcastle crowd tried to create a cauldron at 1-4. Can't blame the officials for being 4-0 up after 67 mins and not winning.

However, Fergie will retire having failed to emulate the great Wenger team of 03/04. ANd that makes me very, very happy.

I'm sure as he looks at his 11/12 league titles plus blah blah blah he'll sleep sound enough

ONeill

Quote from: Boycey on February 05, 2011, 07:49:54 PM

I'm sure as he looks at his 11/12 league titles plus blah blah blah he'll sleep sound enough

Couldn't care how Fergie sleeps. It makes me happy. Petty but it's about the only thing Arsenal have alone.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on February 05, 2011, 07:57:14 PM
Quote from: Boycey on February 05, 2011, 07:49:54 PM

Couldn't care how Fergie sleeps. It makes me happy. Petty but it's about the only thing Arsenal have alone.

United could have gone the season unbeaten but still lose out on the title & that kinda thing would give fergie sleepless nights! Arsenals unbeaten record is up there with the most goals scored & points got by Chelsea.

Anyways that United defeat opens up the title race & nobody wants to see a team winning the league at a canter.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Spurs are creeping up too. Seem to be winning by the odd goal regularly. Could be a 5-team race by mid-March.

ONeill

Newcastle scored 4 in 19 mins.

under the bar

QuoteHowever, Fergie will retire having failed to emulate the great Wenger team of 03/04. ANd that makes me very, very happy.

That would be akin to Roger Federer failing to emulate Greg Rudetski!

When Arsenal's titles are counted up the only further stat that will count is that they haven't managed to retain one.    No need to ask why.

muppet

Quote from: under the bar on February 05, 2011, 09:31:06 PM
QuoteHowever, Fergie will retire having failed to emulate the great Wenger team of 03/04. ANd that makes me very, very happy.

That would be akin to Roger Federer failing to emulate Greg Rudetski!

When Arsenal's titles are counted up the only further stat that will count is that they haven't managed to retain one.    No need to ask why.

Funny you should mention Federer. Along with Woods they set targets of beating and setting all of the records within their games. Kilkenny and Kerry will forever think of 2010 and 1982 respectively, not because of the individual title. That is what most at the top of their games do.

It is likely Ferguson does too, but then we have loads of posters here who can tell us exactly how he sleeps never mind how he thinks.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Jaysus lads yiz are awful sensitive. This is an Arsenal Delusion thread. Locals only.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on February 05, 2011, 09:38:30 PM
Jaysus lads yiz are awful sensitive. This is an Arsenal Delusion thread. Locals only.

Sorry O'Neill I think I might have attracted some of the outsiders over here...
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

i closed my eyes there and pictured that being said in a French accent. Hows it going Dinny Wenger !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012