Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 31, 2011, 08:50:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 31, 2011, 08:34:23 PM
From twitter:

Torres = £50m
Carroll = £35m
Szczesny-Clichy-Djourou-Vermaelen-Sagna -Nasri -Walcott -Fabregas -Song -Wilshere - RVP = £44mBendtner = Priceless

Is that £44million altogether?

Apparently.
MWWSI 2017

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: muppet on January 31, 2011, 08:56:25 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 31, 2011, 08:50:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 31, 2011, 08:34:23 PM
From twitter:

Torres = £50m
Carroll = £35m
Szczesny-Clichy-Djourou-Vermaelen-Sagna -Nasri -Walcott -Fabregas -Song -Wilshere - RVP = £44mBendtner = Priceless

Is that £44million altogether?

Apparently.

Thats very cheap. A real bargain.

City should try to buy them.

Dinny Breen

Szczesny - free
Clichy - free
Djourou - free
Vermaelen - €10m
Sagna - €9m
Nasri - €15m
Walcott €11m
Wilshere - Free
Fabregas - Free
Song - €1.2m
RVP - €3m

Yea just under €50 euro - amazing really, less than the cost of one Torres.

When you see black and white figures like that it shows what an amazing job Wenger has done
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

The prices of Song and RVP really stand out there.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 31, 2011, 09:10:44 PM
Szczesny - free
Clichy - free
Djourou - free
Vermaelen - €10m
Sagna - €9m
Nasri - €15m
Walcott €11m
Wilshere - Free
Fabregas - Free
Song - €1.2m
RVP - €3m

When you see black and white figures like that it shows what an amazing job Wenger has done

Excellent work from Wenger but the previous post suggests that this is the current value of this group of players collectively.

And yes before anyone gets on to me i know its just a joke.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2011, 09:12:49 PM
The prices of Song and RVP really stand out there.

Unreal value for money!

Boycey

Szczesny - free
Clichy - free
Djourou - free
Vermaelen - €10m
Sagna - €9m
Nasri - €15m
Walcott €11m
Wilshere - Free
Fabregas - Free
Song - €1.2m
RVP - €3m

No doubting Wengers scouting abilities but it always amuses me how Arsenal fans wear his refusal to spend money as a badge of honour, if the stubborn p***k spent a few quid maybe you would win something more often.. Pretty sure too I could cobble together a fairly competitive United team too was a similiar amount of money (as I'm sure others could do for their own clubs)

Dinny Breen

QuotePretty sure too I could cobble together a fairly competitive United team too was a similiar amount of money

You've missed the point, that is the Arsenal's 1st choice XI not a fairly competitive side or in Man U terms less than a Berbatov and Anderson combined or a Ferdinand and Bebe combined or a Rooney and Valencia combined or a Carrick, Nani and Hargreaves combined.

Oh and the average age of that Arsenal side is about 23.
#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 31, 2011, 09:48:22 PM
QuotePretty sure too I could cobble together a fairly competitive United team too was a similiar amount of money

You've missed the point, that is the Arsenal's 1st choice XI not a fairly competitive side or in Man U terms less than a Berbatov and Anderson combined or a Ferdinand and Bebe combined or a Rooney and Valencia combined or a Carrick, Nani and Hargreaves combined.

Oh and the average age of that Arsenal side is about 23.

You have missed the point, Arsenal are a big club, 60,000 every week, dearest seats in premier league, money in the bank, hey you even got your own rich yank on the board. If the manager splashed the cash an odd time to supplement the obvious talent at his disposal they'd undoubtable be serious contenders for the league/cl but most years they come up short and the same stuff gets trotted out - "Arsenal play the best football" "outr team only cost four and sixpence".

United are a big club they (used to)  fork out money when required, its what big teams do. Barcelona for all the homegrown talent they have they still forked out for Ibra, Villa and Mascherano in last couple of years.

By the way Koscielni, Arshavin and Denilson could be switched into that team pretty easily and raise the cost by €30 mill

gerry

200 mill in jan is crazy money, still 1hr 1/2 to go

sky sport news link
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Aghdavoyle

Szczesny - free
Clichy - free
Djourou - free
Vermaelen - €10m
Sagna - €9m
Nasri - €15m
Walcott €11m
Wilshere - Free
Fabregas - Free
Song - €1.2m
RVP - €3m

Would Arsenal have paid any sort of fee or compensation to Legia Warszawa, Cannes and barca for Szczesny, clichey and fabregas?

Puckoon

Only half an hour Gerry - transfer window closes at 11pm GMT.

Dinny Breen

Arsenal do have 60K every week, in a stadium not yet paid for

They have controllable debts and refuse to risk their future for short term success, most intelligent Arsenal fans understand that.

QuoteBy the way Koscielni, Arshavin and Denilson could be switched into that team pretty easily and raise the cost by €30 mill

So less than 1 Ferdinand, interesting.
#newbridgeornowhere

gerry

Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2011, 10:38:02 PM
Only half an hour Gerry - transfer window closes at 11pm GMT.

is it not english to 11pm and midnight for europe players
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Puckoon

I dunno the specifics of it to be honest. I just figured English transfer window meant it closed. Isnt midnight in continental europe 11pm in the UK anyway?