Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Arshavin, how many chances does he need
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Can't fault the workrate today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2011, 09:45:32 PM
Can't fault the workrate today.

What about the workrate tonight?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Dinny Breen

The Goons looked fresh, nice to see Sagna smile.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Back to porridge for the quadruplers. Wigan away was embarrassing a while ago. No slip ups.

ONeill

3-0, RVP hat trick.

Great midfield performance today, especially Wilshere who was outstanding. Song, Fabregas, Walcott and VP also had fine games.

Dinny Breen

Very comfortable for an Arsenal game, RVP looking very sharp so expect him to break his little toe toenail during the week and be out for 63 days. Walcott starting to deliver consistency but a run of games helps, the long lay-offs for Fabregas, Walcott and RVP coupled with no World Cup for Nasri should leave Arsenal pretty strong for their attempt at the quadruple..
#newbridgeornowhere

under the bar

Is it possble Little Lord RVP might throw off his under-achiever-of-a-career mantle?

Billys Boots

Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2011, 04:58:56 PM
3-0, RVP hat trick.

Great midfield performance today, especially Wilshere who was outstanding. Song, Fabregas, Walcott and VP also had fine games.

Having been there, I thought Song was easily man of the match, essentially for his stamina - he was at the heart of absolutely everything.  Wilshere was brilliant too, and Fabregas was himself - Caldwell kicked him everytime he got the ball in the first half, so he was a little subdued, but his vision is brilliant (really reminded me of Johnny Giles in his pomp, bossy little bollix).  I have to disagree about Walcott; seeing it later on MOTD, it was edited to look like he had a major influence on proceedings, but it certainly didn't happen like that - he was quite poor, and he really has no end-product (and he knows it).  Arshavin looks like he wants to be somewhere else too.

Fantastic stadium, very comfortable and great views for everyone, including kids behind big, stupid gooners.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

QuoteI have to disagree about Walcott; seeing it later on MOTD, it was edited to look like he had a major influence on proceedings, but it certainly didn't happen like that - he was quite poor, and he really has no end-product (and he knows it).

He still had two assists and created another 4 chances although he should have taken one those himself what more end product those he need? He has improved as the season progressed, I like what he brings, teams have to defend deep because of his pace which creates room in midfield and his work-rate in tracking back is very high as well. Walcott is 21 has played 22 games this year and has 16 positive contributions (10 goals and 6 assists) good stats in any mans language. He's not as confident as should be but he's getting there and I think he will only get better.

#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

I dunno Dinny; I'll grant you he's young and he's quick, but experienced defenders don't appear to be afraid of him.  He gets a lot of chances because of quick ball to him from Sagna and from that fantastic midfield trio.  For me, when a lad is one on one with the keeper and is looking to pass (to a covered player), I'd be worried (very worried).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 24, 2011, 11:12:01 AM
For me, when a lad is one on one with the keeper and is looking to pass (to a covered player), I'd be worried (very worried).

I think that is purely confidence and clearly the wrong decision, was it Hansen who said Walcott struggles when he has too much time to think, he might have a point but not many wingers at 21 put fear into the opposition. I think he's going to move more central anyhow as his game develops and we got a glimpse of that when went up the middle and set up RVP's hat trick goal.  A frustrating player yes but an improving player in my opinion.
#newbridgeornowhere