Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Surely Bentdner must have the biggest ego v talent imbalance in Europe. A truly shocking player.

Simples seems to want away, just doesn't seem bothered.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: tyroneman on January 08, 2011, 05:23:50 PM
Surely Bentdner must have the biggest ego v talent imbalance in Europe. A truly shocking player.

One of the worst professional footballers i ever seen, if he was 5.5ft he would be struggling to make junior soccer teams in ireland, donkey. Its his size thats got him were he is but he has no talent.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2011, 02:17:20 PM
Arse fans really getting at the team, don't like to see that.

Agree with that, Arshavin's confidence is a low ebb so good to see Wenger not playing the popular card and leave him on.

As O'Neill said Arsenal have a large squad so replay is no big deal although the quality of the second team is questionable..
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

I see young Theo admitted taking a dive today! I should be slagging the wee faker off, but I thought he was fouled, so fair play to him for coming out and holding the hands up!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

What a ridiculous statement he came out with "I'm not the type of player to do it". Eh but you just did.

ONeill

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 08, 2011, 05:38:08 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on January 08, 2011, 05:23:50 PM

One of the worst professional footballers i ever seen, if he was 5.5ft he would be struggling to make junior soccer teams in ireland, donkey. Its his size thats got him were he is but he has no talent.

He's not that bad. He has scored goals for every team he played for at all levels. Scored a classy effort against City at their ground. He has off days and compounds it by not hiding - he'll always want the ball and try to produce something whereas others will disappear. Last year he had a horrendous game in the league to the point that the crowd and Bendtner were finding it hilarious. Barn door and all that. The next game was a Champions' League group game and Wenger played him from the start. He scored a hat-trick.

His ego is inflated and does think he's a better play than what he is but when he's on the field, things tend to happen. He gets into good positions. Wenger often plays him wide right which doesn't help matters.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

If I was going home to this every night I'd be pretty cocky too, oh and she's worth close to €500 million

Can't help but think he'll be a success away from the Arsenal, perhaps with a team that plays more direct..
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Having been to Denmark she would be only average looking there! though the money would be a major draw for Nicklas
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on January 09, 2011, 12:03:48 AM
Having been to Denmark she would be only average looking there! though the money would be a major draw for Nicklas

That wasn't Denmark, that was Tarmonbarry.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

That game is also a good shot in the arm before the Ipswich game. Hate playing a side with a new manager - they usually play out of their skins.

STREET FIGHTER

Arshavins on a slippery slope with the fans.

Hope he can turn it round a bit.

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 08, 2011, 07:05:08 PM
I see young Theo admitted taking a dive today! I should be slagging the wee faker off, but I thought he was fouled, so fair play to him for coming out and holding the hands up!

Yea - sorta weird to hear a player to admit that - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9351043.stm

It wasn't as if it was an obvious dive too.

Dinny Breen

I like Walcott, honest, articulate and intelligent just a pity he has the first touch of a rapist...
#newbridgeornowhere

Gaffer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 09, 2011, 06:18:11 PM
I like Walcott, honest, articulate and intelligent just a pity he has the first touch of a rapist...

Starting to show a bit of consistency though

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

What effect will that 7-0 hammering today have on Ipswich for Wednesday? Feel uneasy about it now, although the fact that it's two legs is a help. Hard to believe this competition is getting me nervous.