Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Fabregas will be sore in the morning. Being clipped and kicked at every opportunity

Dinny Breen

Never in doubt  :P

That's a razor back gorilla of their back...
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Any more wacky cartoons for me Dinny  ;)

Wasn't 100% right as i had money on Arsenal to win 2-1  :(
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

In fairness Ross4life you did call it but most goons on this board were raised on the pragmatism of Terry Neill, Don Howe and George Graham we just didn't believe but belief is a funny thing and I think Arsenal will really push on from this win, the average age of that side was 23 I think...

And for 18 years of age I thought Wilshere was superb...
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Won't be getting too carried away by tonights result, two years ago Arsenal beat Chelsea in Stamford bridge & still finished 12 points behind them.

Though saying that i expect Arsenal to win the league Cup (first cup for 6 years) & won't be surprised if they shock the footballing world by knocking Barcelona out.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Great result - although for a period of time Chelsea defended like 5 year olds in a little kickers league. Positives were plentiful - Wilshire, Song and Fiberglass were very controlling in the midfield - Cesc always oozes class but Wilshire put in a great shift. How so many players fall for that same 270 degree spin that Nasri uses to go back outside on his right foot after cutting inside is funny to me, but he had a good game also. Walcott was fantastic after his early jitters, even if one or two of his final touches werent the best. I was glad he saw the square ball to Fabregas for the second - I wouldnt have seen him scoring it against the advancing Petr Chech. That said - what a finish for the third! I was a bit nervous when Wenger took him off - a majority of our good defense yesterday was based through the attacking threat of walcott on the break. I'd have keep that side intact until maybe the 80th or 85th minute - but then what would I know?

gerry

great night last night, beer, a win and a curt.  things can only go one way now.

some nice goals from the last 12 months here

Arsenal's Goals of the Year
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Tremendous result. Chelsea shite.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Was that the last time Rosicky Scored? He was straight through yesterday (offside albeit) and still hit the post.

ONeill

Quote from: gerry on December 28, 2010, 06:09:53 PM

some nice goals from the last 12 months here

Arsenal's Goals of the Year

Nasri has to be POTY in this form. Only for Cech's great save his effort last night would've been right up there with the best.

ONeill

Quote from: Puckoon on December 28, 2010, 06:19:34 PM
Was that the last time Rosicky Scored? He was straight through yesterday (offside albeit) and still hit the post.

Completely lost that knack of hitting a scorcher since his injury. Still troubles regarding starting striker - thought Chamakh would've loved those early crosses.

ONeill

6 goal win away to Wigan tonight and the Gunners are top.

Return to the scene where Flappyhandski got his name.

gerry

its a while since we scored 6 goals
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ross4life

Chelsea won this fixture 0-6 so it's possible.

ONeill