Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Shay Given set for Arsenal transfer as Mark Schwarzer interest is dropped
Arsenal have cooled their interest on a potential deal to sign Fulham veteran Mark Schwarzer after opening talks with Manchester City over goalkeeper Shay Given.

The Irishman was relegated to a back-up role for City against Spurs on Saturday, and watched as England international Joe Hart put in an excellent performance to cement his first-team place.
The selection of Hart, 23, above Given, 34, looks set to herald the departure of the veteran goalkeeper, who is reluctant to be used as a back-up at this stage in his career.

However, City are not keen to sell a top-rated player who only joined from Newcastle United in January 2009 and will only sanction a loan with a recall clause.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is more interested in securing a permanent move for Given, who he still sees as having three or four years at the top level to help bring his younger goalkeepers through.

And although the two clubs are set for an impasse this week, they are expected to thrash something out before the weekend - or, failing that, by the end of the transfer window at the latest.
The move for Given means Schwarzer, who missed Fulham's opening match of the season with a back injury, is left somewhat in limbo.

The 37-year-old had been linked with a £4million transfer to Arsenal, which appeared to be edging closer last week.
However, Wenger is said to see Given as a better replacement with more longevity and is testing the water at Eastlands before finalising any talks with new Cottagers manager Mark Hughes.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/838143-shay-given-set-for-arsenal-transfer-as-mark-schwarzer-interest-is-dropped
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Well how are yous. The younger bro is looking tickets for home match round start of nov. What's the best way for him to go about doing this??

Any feedback appreciated. Could you pm me.
Its all about the Hurling.

ildanach

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2010, 10:01:35 AM
Shay Given set for Arsenal transfer as Mark Schwarzer interest is dropped
Arsenal have cooled their interest on a potential deal to sign Fulham veteran Mark Schwarzer after opening talks with Manchester City over goalkeeper Shay Given.

The Irishman was relegated to a back-up role for City against Spurs on Saturday, and watched as England international Joe Hart put in an excellent performance to cement his first-team place.
The selection of Hart, 23, above Given, 34, looks set to herald the departure of the veteran goalkeeper, who is reluctant to be used as a back-up at this stage in his career.

However, City are not keen to sell a top-rated player who only joined from Newcastle United in January 2009 and will only sanction a loan with a recall clause.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is more interested in securing a permanent move for Given, who he still sees as having three or four years at the top level to help bring his younger goalkeepers through.

And although the two clubs are set for an impasse this week, they are expected to thrash something out before the weekend - or, failing that, by the end of the transfer window at the latest.
The move for Given means Schwarzer, who missed Fulham's opening match of the season with a back injury, is left somewhat in limbo.

The 37-year-old had been linked with a £4million transfer to Arsenal, which appeared to be edging closer last week.
However, Wenger is said to see Given as a better replacement with more longevity and is testing the water at Eastlands before finalising any talks with new Cottagers manager Mark Hughes.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/838143-shay-given-set-for-arsenal-transfer-as-mark-schwarzer-interest-is-dropped

Arsenal with Given are about 5-6 points better than they would be with the clown they have now, they would be a serious side.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hoof Hearted

William Gallas having a medical at Spurs tomorrow. A reverse of Sol Campbell. Wonder if he will get as much bad manners.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ross4life

I wonder will spurs pay the 80,000 plus Gallas was asking for before he left the Gooners.. at 33 i can imagine only Man city would paid out those type of wages?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Real1995

Just prooves how gready he is to stoop this low.....
Nice guys always finish second!

ONeill

He's a balax. Always was. Never trusted the hoor and thought he brought a bad atmosphere to the club. Should fit in rightly at Shoite Fart Lane. Make him captain.

ONeill

Fancy a big win v Blackpool today. Something like 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1 or 7-2.

Though I thought the same v Hull 2 yrs ago.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 21, 2010, 01:26:48 PM
Fancy a big win v Blackpool today. Something like 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1 or 7-2.

Though I thought the same v Hull 2 yrs ago.

I was thinking exactly that this morning.

Is Cesc fit to start yet?
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

He should be involved at some stage. Nasri out for a while which is a bit of a bummer.

ONeill

Arsenal team to play Blackpool: Almunia, Sagna, Song, Vermaelen, Clichy, Rosicky, Wilshere, Diaby, Walcott, Arshavin, Chamakh

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2010, 12:35:08 AM
He's a balax. Always was. Never trusted the hoor and thought he brought a bad atmosphere to the club. Should fit in rightly at Shoite Fart Lane. Make him captain.

People scoffed Chelsea's cliam that he threatenend to score an OG against them if they didn't leat him leave. I'd say known what Gallas has did the last few seasons people might reconsider now. The man's a loop.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

ONeill

Blackpool get forward in some numbers when they're attacking. Impressive.