Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2010, 06:26:35 PM
That's what my psychologist says though. He reckons the alternative is dangerous.

I'll need to see hm quickly!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

under the bar

ross4life

So that's 5 years without a Trophy, 6 since they last won the league yet Wenger is still under no pressure at Arsenal

Why?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mortified

Ridiculous again, another season where they come up short. Really need goalie, centre back, centre midfielder and striker. Cant stand Eduardo (dont rate), Rosicky (inconsistent) and Silvestre (United reject, why is he good enough for Arsenal?). Please Arsene actually sign some top notch players. Hopefully Wilshere and Djorou will be back in August as well.
quit your jibba jabba fool!!

under the bar

QuoteSilvestre (United reject, why is he good enough for Arsenal?).

You only need look at the 3 most recent United-Arsenal games to find the answer to that.

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on April 18, 2010, 09:01:50 PM
So that's 5 years without a Trophy, 6 since they last won the league yet Wenger is still under no pressure at Arsenal

Why?

Why is Man U in such a financial mess with an uncertain future? Why don't Man U supporters demand that they get new stadium instead of putting up with the absolute DUMP that is Ancient Trafford. Man U have not invested n the future like Arsenal have done. Yes, trophies have been light the past few years but Arsenal are in a good financial footing,(unlike Man U) with a stadium that will cater for the 21st Century (unlike Man U) and any Arsenal supporter should be content with the investments . Man U supporters face a more uncertain future

ross4life

Quote from: Gaffer on April 18, 2010, 09:48:14 PM

Why?

Why don't Man U supporters demand that they get new stadium instead of putting up with the absolute DUMP that is Ancient Trafford. Man U have not invested n the future

Are you for Real? Old Trafford is one of UEFA Elite stadiums
As for underage/future united still have one of the best in Europe

answer my question before you start talking rubbish! if fergie went all those years without winning anything he would have been under huge pressure now
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Boycey

Why?

Why is Man U in such a financial mess with an uncertain future? Why don't Man U supporters demand that they get new stadium instead of putting up with the absolute DUMP that is Ancient Trafford. Man U have not invested n the future like Arsenal have done. Yes, trophies have been light the past few years but Arsenal are in a good financial footing,(unlike Man U) with a stadium that will cater for the 21st Century (unlike Man U) and any Arsenal supporter should be content with the investments . Man U supporters face a more uncertain future

U do know that there is an American guy who is 6 shares short of making a compulsory bid for Arsenal. Do you know his intentions???

under the bar

QuoteWhy is Man U in such a financial mess with an uncertain future? Why don't Man U supporters demand that they get new stadium instead of putting up with the absolute DUMP that is Ancient Trafford. Man U have not invested n the future like Arsenal have done. Yes, trophies have been light the past few years but Arsenal are in a good financial footing,(unlike Man U) with a stadium that will cater for the 21st Century (unlike Man U) and any Arsenal supporter should be content with the investments . Man U supporters face a more uncertain future

What a load of crap.   You got a new stadium cos you sold your soul to the highest bidder be it McDonalds, CocaCola or Arab Airlines.  And don't go thinking that you couldn't get taken over by blood-sucking vultures once you become successful on the big stage.

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on April 18, 2010, 10:03:41 PM

Why?

Why don't Man U supporters demand that they get new stadium instead of putting up with the absolute DUMP that is Ancient Trafford. Man U have not invested n the future

answer my question before you start talking rubbish! if fergie went all those years without winning anything he would have been under huge pressure now

Trafford is a dump for supporters. Too many have said the same thing to me. They are in a financial mess and the worst is yet to come. Fergie has wasted millions on players over the years. This isn't rubbish.

If Arsenal had spent the money that Fergie has spent then yes they may have had a few trophies the past 6 years. But, instead they chose to  invest for the future which meant limited amounts of money being spent on players thereby not winning anything. Sensible Arsenal supporters can see this and are prepared to be patient cos they know that success will return in the (not too distant, I hope) future.
United, on the other hand have spent millions on players that wasn't theirs and will soon reap what they have sown.

Boycey

Quote from: Gaffer on April 18, 2010, 10:14:52 PM

Why?

Trafford is a dump for supporters. Too many have said the same thing to me. They are in a financial mess and the worst is yet to come. Fergie has wasted millions on players over the years. This isn't rubbish.

If Arsenal had spent the money that Fergie has spent then yes they may have had a few trophies the past 6 years. But, instead they chose to  invest for the future which meant limited amounts of money being spent on players thereby not winning anything. Sensible Arsenal supporters can see this and are prepared to be patient cos they know that success will return in the (not too distant, I hope) future.
United, on the other hand have spent millions on players that wasn't theirs and will soon reap what they have sown.

I'm now convinced ur on a wind up so i'll let others argue with u.

ross4life

Quote from: Gaffer on April 18, 2010, 10:14:52 PM

Why?

Well i've been to most the best Stadiums in Europe (San Siro, camp Nou, Stade de France among others) & Old Trafford is up there with the best & every fan worldwide knows this if they hate or love united!!

Every manager waste money on players! but look at all the money United have saved on the Current Squad Scholes,Giggs,Neville,Evans,Brown,O' Shea,Flecther,Gibson,Owen & not forgetting the great players united having coming through the youth system

& btw Arsenal have spent millions on Arshavin, Van Persie, Rosicky among others

ONeill

Why?

Because this is Arsenal. They're a different class. For any team to break the financial stranglehold Utd and Chelsea have on that league, it'll take a monumental effort. Wenger has been close so many times since the obscene wages/transfers became a norm at those clubs. And he has done it playing scintillating football at times, albeit short of the finished product.

The Arsenal board and fans know what Arsene is capable of. Twas only six years ago they went through an entire season unbeaten. Knocking down that side and rebuilding on limited funds is a mighty task. He even reached a Champions League final and repeatedly qualified for that competition in that time.

At other clubs, the lack of silverware no matter what means your neck on the line. Arsenal are a different gravy. You'll take your trophies over what your club stands for, any time, and that's fine. Chelsea became a different club overnight a few years ago, unrecognisable from the Chelsea everyone grew up with. Their ethos was sold out. Utd don't really know what they are or who runs the joint. The forsake domestic competitions to brand themselves in another continent. The trophies keep rolling in and that keeps the fans happy. I'll keep my Arsenal thank you.

Although Senderos as player/manager is an attractive prospect.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2010, 11:18:33 PM

Why?

Because this is Arsenal. They're a different class. For any team to break the financial stranglehold Utd and Chelsea have on that league, it'll take a monumental effort. Wenger has been close so many times since the obscene wages/transfers became a norm at those clubs. And he has done it playing scintillating football at times, albeit short of the finished product.

The Arsenal board and fans know what Arsene is capable of. Twas only six years ago they went through an entire season unbeaten. Knocking down that side and rebuilding on limited funds is a mighty task. He even reached a Champions League final and repeatedly qualified for that competition in that time.

At other clubs, the lack of silverware no matter what means your neck on the line. Arsenal are a different gravy. You'll take your trophies over what your club stands for, any time, and that's fine. Chelsea became a different club overnight a few years ago, unrecognisable from the Chelsea everyone grew up with. Their ethos was sold out. Utd don't really know what they are or who runs the joint. The forsake domestic competitions to brand themselves in another continent. The trophies keep rolling in and that keeps the fans happy. I'll keep my Arsenal thank you.

well thanks for the more sensible answer! i still can't understand why Wenger doesn't play a better team in the Fa cup & league cup

Boycey

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2010, 11:18:33 PM

Why?

Arsenal and Wenger in particular are to be praised for the way they haved handled their finances and remained competitive but please spare us the Arsenal are a little community club in amongst the "nasty boys" routine. Its far from the truth. They left their spiritual home at Highbury to chase the corporate pound the same as everyone else. The moved to a soulless 60,000 seater arena to which they sold the naming rights to the highest bidder, branding???. The cheapest season ticket into the place is close on £1000 stg with premium level seats costing up to 5k. Their matchday revenue is the highest in the premiership. I think they are going to the US this summer, that'd be for the fans I'm sure.