Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

inter won't allow barca play like arse did

it will be a similar tie to the Chelsea v barca semi last year

but Barca will have puyol pique iniesta and ibrahimovic back & that will make them even stronger

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 06, 2010, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 06, 2010, 09:44:06 PM
No shame to get beaten by the best team in the world.

And the best player in the World

Rooney transfered? ;)

Dinny Breen

That kid Messi, he's a bit small not sure he has a future in the game...

Barca, you could watch then all night some work-rate, best team I have seen since the 94' Milan team.

What odds the Portuguese clown knocks them out with his brand of death by boredom football?
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho sets Inter up. Barca are simmering nicely. He'll be interested in that Arsenal did create openings tonight. Arshavin and Cesc could've made hay with the chances Clichy and Bendtner wasted. Utd couldn't get close to scoring against that Barca team who made them look like Dunmurry Rec; Arsenal unlocked them three times and showed how lazy the Catalans can get when comfortable - just can't see Inter getting close with the likes of Iniesta back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mario

Quote from: ONeill on April 06, 2010, 10:12:11 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho sets Inter up. Barca are simmering nicely. He'll be interested in that Arsenal did create openings tonight. Arshavin and Cesc could've made hay with the chances Clichy and Bendtner wasted. Utd couldn't get close to scoring against that Barca team who made them look like Dunmurry Rec; Arsenal unlocked them three times and showed how lazy the Catalans can get when comfortable - just can't see Inter getting close with the likes of Iniesta back.
Arshavin and Fabregas could have done what they did in the first leg, not an awful lot.

To be fair to united last year, barcelona took the lead against the run of play, ronaldo had 4 or 5 chances in the first 15min. Once they went behind it was very difficult. They also beat barcelona the year before.

Also iniesta is having a very bad season by his standards.

Dinny Breen

Barca have moved on from last year, the little genius is a year old and Man United have gone backwards, it would be no contest only Chelsea of the English sides could give them a proper game.
#newbridgeornowhere

Shamrock Shore

QuoteRonaldo not fit to lace Messi's boots

Oh God, I agree with Tony Fearon!

Need to lie down.

But before I do I too would like to fall down at the altar of Messi.

Up there with the Gooch now.

Minder

Yis are being abit unfair on Mourinho, all he does is win. Unlike Arsenal he sets his teams up not to concede a bagful of goals. I cant see Inter beating Barcelona but i cant imagine Inter defending like an Irish League team as Arsenal did tonight. Barca are better than last year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyHarp

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 06, 2010, 10:23:15 PM
Barca have moved on from last year, the little genius is a year old and Man United have gone backwards, it would be no contest only Chelsea of the English sides could give them a proper game.

Jesus I thought he was older than that! He is very small though!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

On to Spurs next week with a good seven day rest. God, some comedown, from Barca to Spurs - like playing Kerry one week and Maghery reserves the next.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 06, 2010, 10:23:15 PM

have they Really?

They are currently level on points with Real Madrid unlike last year when they were walking the Spanish league beating Madrid 6-2 along the way

they also got knocked out of the Spanish cup & in the champions league this season Rubin Kazan beat them 1-0 in the camp nou & drew with them 0-0 at home to prove it was no fluke (barca won every cup they entered last year)

as for united they have gone back alittle but if they get over Bayern? they will have a great chance for replay of last years final unlike the mighty Chelsea who are OUT

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Paul Mc Graths Da

Only the tragically delued and clueless mank hoardes would ever suggest that ronaldo + rooney are comparible to Messi!  They're not in the same league.

Let's hope Bayern finish the job tomorrow!

muppet

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2010, 10:35:43 PM
Yis are being abit unfair on Mourinho, all he does is win. Unlike Arsenal he sets his teams up not to concede a bagful of goals. I cant see Inter beating Barcelona but i cant imagine Inter defending like an Irish League team as Arsenal did tonight. Barca are better than last year.

I'd to see how Mourinho would keep a clean sheet with Silvestre in the centre of his defense. He'd have to have Messi sweeping behind him.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

SS,I, by coincidence, passed through LongfordTown  and Granard to-day on my way home from an Easter break. Obviously I have left my influence on your fair county ;D

Shane stop talking shite about Arsenal unlocking Barca..its another trophyless season at the Haemorrhoids Stadium ;D

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on April 06, 2010, 10:42:27 PM
SS,I, by coincidence, passed through LongfordTown  and Granard to-day on my way home from an Easter break. Obviously I have left my influence on your fair county ;D

Shane stop talking shite about Arsenal unlocking Barca..its another trophyless season at the Haemorrhoids Stadium ;D

Another spell in Castlerea?
MWWSI 2017