Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2010, 10:31:35 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 25, 2010, 09:43:49 AM
No one was frivolous and one wasn't, it's not rocket science, it's not like Vermaelen smashed his forearm into somebody's face  ::)

But Ferdinands extra suspension was given as a result of unsuccessfully appealing the initial card, not because of the actual incident.  Therefore Vermaelen should have had the same punishment dished out.

I haven't seen the Vermaelen incident, but the reason Rio got the extra game was because it was very clear that he deserved the suspension i.e. it was a very obvious elbow. The extra game is to stop people wasting time by appealing these cases when they have zero chance of winning it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 25, 2010, 10:16:51 AM
April 14th I think

Oh No.

Tis me birthday and I have a vague memory of Spurs (Gazza) and the FA Semi Final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

I am not disputing whether or not one of the sendings-off was frivolous and one was not, my grape lies with the fact that there seems to be one rule for a United player and another for non-United players.  Irrelevant of the actual incident that led to the red card, if a player decides to appeal then the additional punishment handed dished out to one player who is unsuccessful should also be dished out to any other player who is also unsuccessful. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2010, 10:46:41 AM
I am not disputing whether or not one of the sendings-off was frivolous and one was not, my grape lies with the fact that there seems to be one rule for a United player and another for non-United players.  Irrelevant of the actual incident that led to the red card, if a player decides to appeal then the additional punishment handed dished out to one player who is unsuccessful should also be dished out to any other player who is also unsuccessful.

There is not one rule for a United player and one for a non United player. There is one rule for those who appeal friviously and one rule for those who don't.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Tottenham 3-1 Arsenal, FA Cup semi-final, 14 April 1991

Paul Gascoigne's two visits to Wembley in 1991 both ended with him weeping. The first featured "the best free-kick in the history of the FA Cup", in the words of Terry Venables. The second, Spurs' final win over Nottingham Forest, was cut short by a knee injury that nearly destroyed his career. But Gascoigne's greatest moment, and there were many in that Cup run, came in the semi-final against Arsenal. He almost didn't make it – he'd had an abdominal operation just 34 days earlier – but he quickly stamped his authority on the game by thumping a 30-yard howitzer past David Seaman. "Wasn't bad, was it?" he surmised.

"I don't think they took anything out when they operated," said the watching Lawrie McMenemy, commentating for BBC radio. "I think they put something in." Gascoigne, who needed two injections on the night before the match to cure "stomach nerves", lasted just an hour before being replaced, knackered, by Nayim. Seaman, incidentally, blamed himself for that and one of Gary Lineker's two goals. "Sorry lads," he said at half-time, "my studs got caught in the turf." Tottenham, some £18m in debt, badly needed some cheer. Arsenal were to get some of their own when they sealed the league title a few weeks later.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on March 25, 2010, 10:53:08 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 25, 2010, 10:50:34 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2010, 10:46:41 AM

There is not one rule for a United player and one for a non United player. There is one rule for those who appeal friviously and one rule for those who don't.

Anyone know what the rule is for Stevie Starfish ??

The Rule for Gerrard is that he is currently suffering enough as it is, and therefore no extra punishment is merited under the Geneva Convention and human rights legislation.

Dinny Breen

Why is he called Stevie Starfish?
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Because of a rare muscular condition whereby his 5 extremeties (head, left hand, right hand, right foot, left foot) all fly in different directions when he comes in contact with an opposition player, usually after he has just allowed the ball to run away from him. This condition, also known as Divitis has also been known to affect people when they just think they might have been touched, or might be about to be touched.

Other well known victims are Didier Drogba, Christiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. Formerly Robert Pires was the most obviously afflicted.

A Starfish, yesterday.

Gerrard : unavailable for comment.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

gerry

Heading over to my first game against wolves next weekend with my son, any recommendations of what to do or go. Not flying out to monday morning so i will have sunday free

As he only 13, girls and poles are out of the question
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gaffer

Quote from: gerry on March 25, 2010, 08:24:24 PM
Heading over to my first game against wolves next weekend with my son, any recommendations of what to do or go. Not flying out to monday morning so i will have sunday free

As he only 13, girls and poles are out of the question

Covent Garden on Sunday morning. Full of street entertainers . Your lad will enjoy it.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gerry

Might have to give him a miss going by the facebook photos
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

john mcgill

Barcelona have asked to train at Lords Cricket Ground before the Champions League fixture

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 25, 2010, 10:16:51 AM
April 14th I think
Weds night after FA cup semi.. Hopefully Pompey will give the spuds all the want. Heading over to watch it.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2010, 11:59:37 AM
Because of a rare muscular condition whereby his 5 extremeties (head, left hand, right hand, right foot, left foot) all fly in different directions when he comes in contact with an opposition player, usually after he has just allowed the ball to run away from him. This condition, also known as Divitis has also been known to affect people when they just think they might have been touched, or might be about to be touched.

Other well known victims are Didier Drogba, Christiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. Formerly Robert Pires was the most obviously afflicted.

A Starfish, yesterday.

Gerrard : unavailable for comment.

:D

Feck 'do the bartman' it should be renamed ' do the starfish'
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.