Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 07:28:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 07:10:23 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 07:04:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 06:33:35 PM
so sound business = not winning anything since 2005 fa cup? of course if arsenal win the league this Season like most on here are starting to believe it may be better business

Do you even know what I am talking about?

your taking about Chelsea using money for short time success while you have believe in the long run Arsenal will be greater than them with their better business sense.......... right??

Do you think that the only possible conversation about football is we are great and will win everything while everyone else is useless?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/apr/07/champions-league-football-liverpool-arsena-chelsea-manchester-united-wealth

i never said anything about a team been useless if they don't win anything?

but when a team is good like Arsenal are now! don't you think they should be winning more trophies than they are

united/Chelsea success won't last forever but at least they can look back on what they won & not what might have been

Do you understand the difference in the finances of the clubs?

Chelsea and now Manchester City are financial basket cases who only survive because of 'loans' from a wealthy benefactor. All clubs have a certain amount of debt but not all have to pay it off. Prudent clubs with sensible business models are at a disadvantage because they must divert funds to service their debt. The other clubs can use all their funds to buy the best players and pay them better salaries. This gives them an unfair advantage. See Mick McCarthy's comments on Portsmouth.

Looking further down the line if nothing is done about this the successful clubs will be those which are simply a plaything for a billionaire while the rest will become also-rans. As these benefactors can pull the plug on their clubs at any time which would be disaster for their respective leagues (and catastrophic for the clubs themselves) these individuals will ultimately end up in a position to control football completely.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 08:16:10 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 07:28:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 07:10:23 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 07:04:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 06:33:35 PM
so sound business = not winning anything since 2005 fa cup? of course if arsenal win the league this Season like most on here are starting to believe it may be better business

Do you even know what I am talking about?

your taking about Chelsea using money for short time success while you have believe in the long run Arsenal will be greater than them with their better business sense.......... right??

Do you think that the only possible conversation about football is we are great and will win everything while everyone else is useless?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/apr/07/champions-league-football-liverpool-arsena-chelsea-manchester-united-wealth

i never said anything about a team been useless if they don't win anything?

but when a team is good like Arsenal are now! don't you think they should be winning more trophies than they are

united/Chelsea success won't last forever but at least they can look back on what they won & not what might have been

Do you understand the difference in the finances of the clubs?

Yes! & Barcelona are a good example on how a club should be run with great success!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

This Champions' League is a bit of a nuisance. The league is the eggs in basket job.

Will the Bender continue his hot streak?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

First chance tonight & he scores "football bloody hell"
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

ONeill

Ha! another for the Bender.

He's gonna be unbearable now.

ross4life

well at least he's not wearing those pink boots tonight

gerry

Great start just need to keep it tight at the back
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Some miss from the Russian. Need that 3rd goal.

ONeill

Bendtner's first

Commentator says he has never scored a hat trick in senior football.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on March 09, 2010, 08:23:39 PM
Need that 3rd goal.

How so? it's porto that Need to Score! Arsenal are through as it stands

gerry

Good start but need the third goal to take the pressure of, need to make sure with all the chances we are getting we need to make them count not like sat when we missed loads.

ONeill

I wouldn't be too convinced by Arsenal's defence. Campbell looking dodgy. A third goal will settle any nerves.

Mad as Jens:

Bendtner started the new season by announcing a change in his Arsenal squad number for the 2009/10 season. "Before the season starts I wanted to change my squad number from 26 which I've obviously had for a number of seasons. I chose to move to 52 because it's a special number to me personally, and I hope that it brings me good luck for the new season. I appreciate that a good number of fans have bought their kits for 2009/10 already with names and numbers printed up so I'd like to personally cover the cost of replacing anyone's shirt that has my previous number. It means a lot to see supporters wearing your name and number, and I want to ensure people aren't inconvenienced by the change."

Keyser soze

gerry

On phone so no links but google justin tv, p2p and livefootie.org