Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on March 06, 2010, 04:56:29 PM

Still that's win 4 out of the 13.

the best i think Arsenal have done this Season is 4 win's in row do you honestly think they can win 13 in a row?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

After Chelsea, they had 13 relatively winnable games left. 4 down, 9 to go.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on March 06, 2010, 05:07:38 PM

winnable yes but even Chelsea & united on top form would find it hard to win 13 in a row
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2010, 05:22:27 PM

winnable yes but even Chelsea & united on top form would find it hard to win 13 in a row
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2010, 05:22:27 PM

If Van Persie had been fit, it'd be very possible. Without a striker of note, Arsenal will probably come unstuck somewhere. Prob away to Spuds.

Nasri was excellent today playing Cesc's role. Eduardo's loss of pace is alarming - sad to see.

You really have to give it to Bendtner. When his number came up, the crowd clapped and you could almost hear laughing. He then laughs himself and puts his arms out as if 'it's not my fault'. Some ego.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

spiritof91and94

Saturdays game was the one to convince me the title will be ours in May - on the way back to Stansted on Saturday night this feeling was echoed by all Arsenal supporters.

By the way - Bendtner may have had a bad day in front of goal but his workrate was excellent throughout and I would rather have him fit and playing in the team than out with an injury - remember his goal last week probably won us the game...

under the bar

quote]Saturdays game was the one to convince me the title will be ours in May [/quote]

It would be a travesty should that occur when you're not even the best team in your own city never mind the country.

muppet

Quote from: under the bar on March 08, 2010, 02:55:18 PM
QuoteSaturdays game was the one to convince me the title will be ours in May

It would be a travesty should that occur when you're not even the best team in your own city never mind the country.

It would be travesty alright.

Just like it's a travesty that some rich Russian oligarch decides to put hundreds of millions into buying titles thereby defeating prudently run teams with sound business models.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 03:28:08 PM
quote]Saturdays game was the one to convince me the title will be ours in May

Just like it's a travesty that some rich Russian oligarch decides to put hundreds of millions into buying titles thereby defeating prudently run teams with sound business models.
[/quote]

prudently run teams as in enticing teenage players over from france/spain with huge wages?

Chelsea may have used a rich Russian man's money for title's but City must have spent as much now?

speaking of money spent... Sure in the last 3 years Arsenal must have spent as much as Chelsea?

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 05:55:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 03:28:08 PM
QuoteSaturdays game was the one to convince me the title will be ours in May

prudently run teams as in enticing teenage players over from france/spain with huge wages?

Chelsea may have used a rich Russian man's money for title's but City must have spent as much now?

speaking of money spent... Sure in the last 3 years Arsenal must have spent as much as Chelsea?

Read it again.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

so sound business = not winning anything since 2005 fa cup? of course if arsenal win the league this Season like most on here are starting to believe it may be better business

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 06:33:35 PM
so sound business = not winning anything since 2005 fa cup? of course if arsenal win the league this Season like most on here are starting to believe it may be better business

Do you even know what I am talking about?
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 06:42:42 PM

your taking about Chelsea using money for short time success while you  believe in the long run Arsenal will be greater than them with their better business sense.......... right??

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 07:04:49 PM

your taking about Chelsea using money for short time success while you have believe in the long run Arsenal will be greater than them with their better business sense.......... right??

Do you think that the only possible conversation about football is we are great and will win everything while everyone else is useless?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/apr/07/champions-league-football-liverpool-arsena-chelsea-manchester-united-wealth
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2010, 07:10:23 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 07:04:49 PM

your taking about Chelsea using money for short time success while you have believe in the long run Arsenal will be greater than them with their better business sense.......... right??

Do you think that the only possible conversation about football is we are great and will win everything while everyone else is useless?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/apr/07/champions-league-football-liverpool-arsena-chelsea-manchester-united-wealth

i never said anything about a team been useless if they don't win anything?

but when a team is good like Arsenal are now! don't you think they should be winning more trophies than they are

united/Chelsea success won't last forever but at least they can look back on what they won & not what might have been